Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18334 times)

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2015, 03:30:21 pm »

Telmar mutters to himself in his seat."This performance is a work of art. Shame some people prefer to interrupt it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2015, 03:34:52 pm »

Norvar, passing by Telmar on his way to his seat smiles and nods in Telmar's direction.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2015, 03:35:38 pm »

Windborn sits at a table that is near Goldbloom's table, and it seems that he is savoring every moment of the songs, he seems... sad.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »

Alexei enters the amphitheater, laughing and whispering things into an ear of a young woman who is latched to his arm. In his merry mood he makes his way and sits among the other towers, nodding there and there but not making any overt glances or sights to anyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2015, 04:14:11 pm »

Tower Elbegast takes a sip of his wine, turning to Tower Jayne, speaking quietly.

"The only music I've really ever enjoyed are the rowing chants we use to keep rhythm on the ships. The men get quite inventive with the verses.

"I don't resent Goldbloom's governorship. I'm glad it's a Ragonan and one who is in his way a friend to the city. I'm curious to see how he manages it all."

Here he raises his glass, "Still, things are on the up! The business in Irlax has concluded very well. Now is a fine time to be a true patriot of this city!"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

Richards walks over to Towers Elbegast and Jayne, taking a seat nearby, and takes a sip from a goblet of wine. "One vote short. Shame, that. And as for the Anterrans...I don't understand how the council could vote against our allies. Oh well, what's done is done."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2015, 04:24:56 pm »

Tower Goldbloom sits at Tower Stonetree's table. He doesn't sit directly across or next to Tower Stonetree, but within talking distance at the large table. He looks apologetic. " I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I am sorry for my vehement speeches against rapaciousness. More to the point, I am sorry for directly addressing you during those speeches. It was unnecessary and rude on my part. I apologize for my actions and my words. It is because of you that I was appointed governor and I have done nothing, but rage against you during meetings. While I have done nothing but speak against you, you have voted for me. Truly I have put myself to shame. I am not sure why you gave that deciding vote in my favor, perhaps you think I will fail, and perhaps I may, but I thank you none the less for the opportunity. I thank you for your actions, you have shown me honor while I was a spitting fool. I am sorry Tower Stonetree for my words, perhaps in the future we will come to see eye to eye."
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2015, 04:37:20 pm »

Elbegast greets Richards warmly, "Well met, friend. I appreciate the support. It is good to have leal allies both on and off the battlefield. We shall have to see how Goldbloom has fared when his term comes up for renewal in three months time.

"As for the Anterrans, perhaps our good Tower Jayne might explain why he supported the opposite claim."
Then he laughs, turning to Tower Jayne, "Of course! Only a Jayne could deny the principle of hereditary inheritance with a straight face."

It was well known that the Jayne family was founded on the liberation of pirate ships which had themselves been stolen, and the refusal to hand back to its owner an Elbegast vessel had caused some frictions between the families in the past.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 05, 2015, 05:03:46 pm »

Tower Jayne nods to Tower Richards. "Oh, it's very simple, really. Our recent military victory must not make us forget who we are: a small city made rich by trade. We should not go and antagonize our trading partners without a good reason.

In this case, we have a little more than the word of Prince Vitrius, and based on this you would commit us to a policy that might lead to war at worst, and to worsening tensions for Fentius at best? Tsk tsk tsk, how unprudent of you?
"

Atticus Jayne sigh, take a sip of wine and then turn to Octavia again. After watching the singer finish a song on a particularily high note, Atticus turns back to the Tower Elbegast and Richards.

"I think I must agree with you on the superiority of sea shanties" says he with a wry grin. "The men are indeed incredibly inventive with rhymes. We have one which is in the family ever since Carney's time. It goes like
"And as for Tower Elbegast,
soon its shipping will be of the past,
We already took a ship
He complains but we don't give a sh-
"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2015, 06:01:28 pm »

The song comes to an end, and there is polite applause from the audience.  There is a cheer, however, when a classic ditty is picked up to the tune of cheerful strings.

"Oh, as for Grand House Elbegast,
Its ships will soon be of the past,
A ship of his begins to list
He growls, but we're already pi-"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2015, 07:23:59 pm »

"That's a curious thing to say given that the alliance was chosen with Anterra on trade grounds. We were asked for a judgement and the facts as presented only led one way. No matter. Distant matters are of no great concern for me."

Elbegast listens to the string section with an impassive face. When the verse ends, he says, "I think I know that tune, but those aren't the words I remember.

"As for Tower Carney Jayne,
He'd sell his own son were there gain,
He won't give a ship to Elbegast,
'Cause he's lost it too far up his as-"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2015, 03:15:42 am »

"Ahah, what will the men think of next, I wonder!" says Jayne with a chuckle.

"This, however, gives me an idea. Why don't we, as the Patriots, sponsor a sea shanties recital and contest in a fortnight? They are immensely popular, and they constitute a properly Ragonan music, one fit to keep the flame of civic duty alive in our fellow citizens. If we were to offer a suitable prize, I'm sure many a songwriter would come forwer.
"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2015, 08:59:51 am »

Stonetree had settled down next to Windborn and Goldbloom. Recent poisoning off his household staff has made him paranoid and so he is eating out of a box which contains food he alone prepared and bought...just to be sure. He patiently listened to Tower Goldblooms apology before answering. Tower Goldbloom, as i said before i am a pragmatic man, i don't take anything on the political stage personal...well except perhaps for the bastard who poisoned one of my cats...uh anyway, i do accept your apology and wish you the best of luck with your ventures in Sarlax.

He then turns back to his lunchbox containing what appears to be a particularly bloody irlaxian beef steak.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2015, 10:01:38 am »

Tower Evers enter amphiteater and strides directly to Tower Goldbloom.
"YOU!" He brazenly points at Lewis.
"Are you planing to care for your subjects? Can you show me that you will be better governor for them than one of their own?"

After apologizing and thanking Tower Stonetree in a mixed and awkward fashion that could only be described as 'classic Goldbloom,' Lewis turned to tower Evers.

Dearest tower, I must be confused, this doesn't appear to be the council hall. Ha, I jest. I indeed do plan on caring for the people of Sarlax. I plan on caring for them a lot actually. Me, Tower Elbegast, and the rest of the Patriots are raising funds to help with the aqueduct. I wish I could tell you more about what I plan on doing to guide Sarlax, but I have yet to receive a full report on the status and needs of the city.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2015, 12:50:50 pm »

Octavia finishes her second song and the musicians begin to play and introduction to the third.  Just as the music starts to rise, there is a whistling sound, followed by a scream from the crowd.

Sprawled across the table, writhing and frothing at the mouth with an arrow in his side, is the Tower Harold Stonetree, with Towers Goldbloom and Windborn staring aghast at the body before them.  Windborn, blood across his fine suit, leans in to help his old friend.  Stonetree's guards rush forward to retrieve the Tower, shoving Goldbloom and Windborn aside as they roll their master over and attempt to save him, but it is already too late - his eyes roll back, and with a final shudder the poison on the arrow takes his life.

There is a panic, and plebs try to flee the amphitheatre, scrambling over one another to escape, but the Centuria ring the building, trying to block the escaping assassin.  Stonetree's own guards do the same, and are seen arresting several people and dragging them back to the Stonetree villa, city police be damned.

Needless to say, the concert sees an early end.

Tower Harold Stonetree has been killed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27