Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18324 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2015, 07:26:42 am »

"As for how the spy got there. Does anyone remember the diplomatic envoy to Larlax a few years ago, the one where many towers went? The agent went with me and I left him there to do some spying. Over the next couple years he got himself close to the chief advisor, eventually becoming his spymaster, this gave him knowledge of what I just told you, along with an of yet code at the bottom of the letter that he sent."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2015, 09:42:48 am »

What an interesting development. However, I doubt we should change our plans.

If their leader really has been upsurped, perhaps we should actually increase our efforts. Storm the castle, rescue the princess king, and return the country to it's rightful leader. He would be immensely graceful. However, if he hasn't been ousted, then there is no difference.

While this information is interesting, it makes little difference upon our strategy. Not that I could ever commend anyone for spying on a foreign nation. But if I could, I would commend Tower Windborne. 
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2015, 11:57:04 pm »

An aide moves up to the Senex Princeps. He listens for a moment, then stands up and strikes the floor again, twice this time.

SENEX: "All that had to be said has been said. The sun is past its midpoint. The voting begins now."

Young boys rush into the chamber, bringing quills and wax tablets for all Towers present.

The Afternoon Phase has begun.  You may vote on each of the topics, Aye or Nay.

1. That Ragona shall accept Irlax's white peace.

2. That the mercenaries of Zoglath, son of Gorlath shall be hired..

3. That the marriage proposal of the Helvici shall be accepted.  [Vote Nay to approve the Anterran marriage.]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2015, 11:59:31 pm »

Aye, nay, nay.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2015, 12:01:20 am »

Nay, nay, aye.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2015, 01:15:19 am »

Nay, Nay, Nay.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:19 am »

Naye, Naye, Naye.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2015, 02:39:18 am »

Aye, nay and nay!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2015, 02:39:39 am »

Nay, Aye, Nay.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2015, 02:46:28 am »

Nay, Nay, Nay.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2015, 04:08:24 am »

Nay, Aye, Aye.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:36:09 am by notquitethere »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2015, 05:36:13 am »

Nay, nay, nay.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2015, 07:51:46 am »

Nay, Abstain, Aye.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2015, 11:26:55 am »

The voting ends.  All Towers return their tablets to the boys, who present them to the Senex.

Results of Voting

Motion 1: 9 Aye, 36 Nay

Motion 2: 7 Aye, 32 Nay, 6 Abstain

Motion 3: 15 Aye, 30 Nay

The Senex stands.

SENEX:  "The votes have been counted.  It is the will of this Council that we shall reject the offer of a white peace from Irlax, that we shall decline Zoglakh's offer, and that we shall accept the marriage alliance of Prince Vitrius of Anterra."

The Senex strikes his staff once, and the Towers disperse.

It is now the Night Phase.  You may now send your Actions to the GM via PM.  Once received they will be processed, actions resolved, pre-day messages sent and the new Day will begin.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2015, 05:26:08 pm »

Late Aprilis, 263R

Once again the Council have gathered in the spacious Hall of the Towers. The Senex Princeps, Chief of the Centuria, The Highest Judge and Master of the Coin are all here, along with 41 Towers.  The Senex Princeps begins to speak once everyone is seated on the low stone benches, which form a wide circle around the center of the hall.  The Senex and the three other Crowns, as they are called together, are seated at the northern side.

SENEX:  "Council members, welcome.  Today we have to discuss and decide on two topics. First of all: The Highest Judge informs me that a sorcerer has been spotted in the outer districts, performing so-called miracles and healing of the sick.  While we have in the past ejected soothsayers and sorcerers from the city, this man has not entered the city walls and stays purely to the outer districts."

The Highest Judge stands.

JUDGE:  "Let this charlatan be banished!  He claims his powers come from the gods, but will not say if they are ours.  I say he is a troublemaker and should be banished at once before he can cause any further disturbance."

The Master of Coin stands.

MASTER:  "Ah... unless he is a man of the gods, in which case we might incur their displeasure by ejecting him.  Let the man stay for now, at least until we are sure.  We can always banish him later."

Both men sit.

SENEX:  "Second, a 'philosopher' by the name of Stratos has come from Iona, professing of his great learning and study in the eastern cities.  He wishes permission and funding to start an academy in Ragona, to teach his schools of thought and educate well-bred citizens."

The Master stands.

MASTER:  "He seeks funding to the tune of two and a half thousand denarii.  We are running a deficit with this war as is, I can hardly condone more money being wasted on someone who could very well be a confidence trickster."

The Judge stands.

JUDGE:  "I say that sorcerer is a thousand times the cheat that this philosopher is.  I have read of the schools of thought of Iona, and welcoming a philosopher to our city would be another jewel in our crowns.  Learned men help us understand our place in the world and with the gods, and such innovation has determined more efficient industry in the past.  I say we let it be."

SENEX:  "If any Towers wish to speak on these proposals, you may begin."

The Senex lifts the iron staff that is his symbol of office and strikes the marble floor thrice - Clang, Clang, Clang! - The time of discussion is now.

Morning Phase has begun.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27