Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18338 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2015, 03:08:43 pm »

May I inquire how large a market we may be gaining if we were to take the other proposal?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2015, 03:12:11 pm »

"With the Helveci? Probably not much. In any case, getting trade overland while the war rages on is not going to be an easy proposition."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »

Avery stands, he is wearing a simple suit. "My fellow towers, I have reason to believe that the king of Larlax did not order this war, one of my overseas agents has reported that directly before the war, his chief advisor ordered him to be locked in his room and has taken over the city state, sending out orders under the kings seal. Thus I say we continue the war, on the condition that the chief advisor will be sent to Ragona for fair trial."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2015, 03:22:46 pm »

"With the Helveci? Probably not much. In any case, getting trade overland while the war rages on is not going to be an easy proposition."

((I meant the other one, we already know the Helveci won't trade much.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2015, 03:30:22 pm »

"I'm told their land is rich in iron ore, the very ore we need to feed our forges and furnaces."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2015, 04:32:03 pm »

Oh master of Coin, please enlighten us. How much do we stand to gain in trade relations with Anterra? With and without the marriage?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2015, 05:02:40 pm »

Avery stands, he is wearing a simple suit. "My fellow towers, I have reason to believe that the king of Larlax did not order this war, one of my overseas agents has reported that directly before the war, his chief advisor ordered him to be locked in his room and has taken over the city state, sending out orders under the kings seal. Thus I say we continue the war, on the condition that the chief advisor will be sent to Ragona for fair trial."

SENEX:  "This is a serious accusation.  Can you explain how your agent managed to acquire this information?"

Oh master of Coin, please enlighten us. How much do we stand to gain in trade relations with Anterra? With and without the marriage?

MASTER:  "We have minimal trade with Anterra as is.  The treaty they are offering would grant us a significant right to export goods to them, and the opportunity to expand our steel industry by importing iron.  I don't have exact figures, but it would go a long way to repairing the damage caused by the loss of the Irlaxi market."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2015, 05:20:57 pm »

Richards takes the floor, no sign remaining of the (somewhat boring) party goer from earlier.

"My fellow towers, we are faced with a multitude of choices. First of all, we cannot end the war here. We have lost many Ragonan lives, and much Ragonan gold, for what? If we end the war here, we will have won nothing, and lost all too much. Ending the war now will not make us friends with the Irlax again, my friends! We are winning easily, and if we continue to fight this war, we can teach the Irlaxi their lesson, and write a reminder to their future generations in blood. We do not need to destroy the Irlaxi government. No, that would be too much effort and loss for little gain. However, we should seize their land, and make sure they do not forget soon the lesson they were taught here. It is my belief that we should not have gotten involved in this war. However, now that we are in the thick of it, we must see our way to the other side."

"Paying those mercenaries such a high cost to fight for us, plus a share of the loot? That is absurd. We can win this war, and we can win it without these mercenaries. These mercenaries will take gold from the people of Ragona, and leave once they are done. We cannot hire those mercenaries, we can't justify the cost, and we don't truly need the extra men."

"However, the people of Helveci are strong, noble warriors. I know the men who were sent to arrange this marriage with the Helveci, and trust me, my friends. The Helveci will not betray us. They will stick with us through hardship, and those blood ties mean more to the Helveci, "barbarians" as you call them, then any amount of gold. If the Helveci were allied with Ragona through this familial alliance, they would never let us down. They are not great trading partners, but they would be strong allies, nearly a third as strong as our own Centuria. The Helveci would help us win the war faster, and they would be great allies in any other conflicts we entered. The Anterrans may be good trading partners, but we would be giving up this great opportunity for a strong alliance in exchange for a mere trade treaty. I implore you, fellow towers, if you care about the security of Ragona, vote to ally with the Helveci. Even without the large dowry, the Helveci would make much better allies."

((back from my camping trip, so I can write up long speeches. remember guys, the helveci are not mercenaries who pay us, or anything like that. this is going to be an actual alliance.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »

Tower Elbegast takes the floor once more, "If we do not take up Zoglakh's offer, then might I suggest an alternative measure? All those Towers who wish to continue the campaign in Irlax should join me on the front! With our strength combined, we could ensure that the war does not drag on and we continue to enjoy decisive victories. If the Towers will not aid the Centuria, then Zoglakh's barbarians may be necessary."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2015, 05:41:19 pm »

Norvar stands, speaking loudly...

"I concur that we stand at the precipice of greatness. Ragonan troops have seized victory, and will continue to do so with only slightly more support from my fellow Towers. Not only will we secure a long and lasting alliance with a strengthened Lorenze, but our own borders will expand bringing wealth and influence to our nation as a whole."

Turning to Tower Elbegast

"If it comes to it, I would be proud to have House Carus banners amongst the front that leads to the conquest of Irlax."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2015, 06:14:31 pm »

Hetrusca of Haruspex leans forward, taking in as much new information as he could. War was far from his forte, and he wasn't about to blow a heavy wind from a brittle flute.

"My fellow Tower's, I come from a place of confusion. I would think that, when waging war, one thinks of tactics and policy first, and reparations and plunder second. I hear Towers Elbegast, Richards, and Carus above the rest, as they speak like statesmen and warriors, and not like clerks. We have three choices: end the war prematurely and insult both states, continue the war till our knuckles bleed and carrion states pick at Lorenzene, Irlaxi, and Ragoan land, or maintain our momentum towards a reasonable, lawful goal! I propose we continue the war with the continued intention to cut the Irlaxi down to size, not to bleed them dry. It will send the message that war is a tool to facilitate peace, and those that practice it for its own sake will not be tolerated by Ragona."

"Since the war fares so well, I do not see much need to include barbarians. However, I suspect, being lawless as they are, they may well offer their services to the losing side of the conflict if the winning side shows no interest. Such is the nature of men with war forever in their hearts. An alliance with the Helvici, though, would mollify much of my concern."
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2015, 06:30:20 pm »

Hetrusca, you could not be more right. In fact that is the exact stance I took earlier. Win but don't conquer. Show justice, but not vengeance. Display our strength, but do not folly into thinking we are emperors. Prosper from a winning war. This is what we should do. I stand by tower Haruspex whole-heartedly.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2015, 12:14:17 am »

"If the war must go on, so be it. However, I think entering an alliance with the Helvici would be short-sighted. The Anterran also offer an alliance, even if one we cannot invoke for this war. And they are closer and more strategically placed than the Helvici. Let us not throw away long-term opportunities for a few bands of barbarians here and now.

I the council vote for ongoing war and for getting closer to Anterra, Tower Jayne will lend its personal guard to the Centuria to take the place of the Helvici. Surely we'd rather have good Ragonan than barbarians in our army?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2015, 12:36:20 am »

"Tower Jayne, the Helveci are not too far away, and we can rest assured that they will be loyal, reliable allies as long as these blood ties last."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2015, 02:12:45 am »

Tower Richards, i do not want to make bad of the Helvici but as it stands we have the Lorenzian Army, The Ragonian Army, my Manipels and that of Elbegast in the Field. Perhaps a few more will join us soonish, bringing up our combined strenght more than enough for htis war. We dont necessarily need anohter army in the field. Not if we can have instead someone who ensures that our shipping and finished goods venues are being kept alive and profitable.

You should not forget, war is not only about who has the most swords but also about who has the most resources to keep a war going on. And as it is our civilian industry is floundering udner the war. We need to ensure that they are kept just as profitable as our wartime industries.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27