Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18323 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2015, 04:50:28 pm »

Elbegast takes the opportunity to approach Stonetree where he stands drinking. "Tower Stonetree, I am sorry we didn't see eye to eye in the council chamber earlier. Now that we are in this war though, you will be keen to see a swift end to it, no? It has not escaped my attention that you have more maniples at your disposal than most other houses. Together we could double the force of the Centuria and come home heroes."

Here he lowers his voice and leans in, "I know you are concerned with the financial angle, but know that if you fielded a quarter of the men you would have a superlative claim in any of the spoils. As it currently stands you don't look to gain anything."

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:40 pm »

As soon as Richards walked off he walked to Stonetree, who was in the company of another tower. And when he arrived he said "Greetings Harold, I don't believe i have every shown you my relic collection, would you like to see it?" As he said this he gestured to a closed door behind Stonetree.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »

Stonetree looks up from his goblet at Elbegast.

Spoils? What Spoils? We are supporting a defensive war, there will be no spoils to be had! No in hindsight i will profit far more from us supporting Lorenze, but not by sending any of my men to war. I will sell Lorenze my weapons and i will get my spoils off of that.

he turns to Richards...

A Our gracious host. As long as you really mean a relic collection and allude to nothing lewd, count me in. he follows the man towards the indicated closed door.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2015, 06:38:27 pm »

Avery puts a key with a complex tumbler pattern into the lock which looks simple, as is the door which makes the door easy to mistake as a servants closet, the only odd thing is that the door connects to the ball room. The door opens revealing a dark room with pedestal being able to be seen. Avery pulls a tinderwick (match) from a pocket in his suit, after putting the now lit match to the wall a small line of flame runs through the walls of the room, going into basins which fills with flame quickly, revealing a rather large room with objects from swords to vases to paintings on pedestals, there is a door on the other side of the room. Turning to Stonetree "Please be quite, the caretaker of these wonderful relics is asleep for once. Anyway what would you like to see first."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2015, 07:04:45 pm »

Hetrusca of Tower Haruspex walks among the others, a somewhat stilted smile on his face. It became readily apparent that choosing the smaller mask for this escapade was a mistake. Hetrusca dismissed such thoughts quickly, trying instead to maintain the politically charged decorum he felt so comfortable with, even in this festive, care-free environment. However, a few misplaced glares and half-hearted pleasantries later, the Tower came to the conclusion that half-measures and disillusionment has as little place here as it does in the Hall.

And so, Hetrusca did his best to loosen up, even if he would much prefer the company of freemen and farmers to politicians. He mingled with the Towers that traditionally sided with him, and, when he felt bold, offered a myriad of jabs and witticisms to his opponents, who had no trouble returning the gestures in kind.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:02 pm »

Richards begins to tune out the person across from him, beginning to get bored of their droning on, and notices Hetrusca across the way. He politely excuses himself, and walks over to the populist, standing next to him and taking a sip from his goblet. After a few moments, he speaks in a low voice, making sure nobody overhears.

"Not my favorite place to be on a fine Martius night. The wine is good, but the company is rather dull, and self-absorbed. Considering what I know about you, I have a feeling you share my judgement?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2015, 07:39:52 pm »

Lewis glided around the ball like he was born to mingle among the crowd. His plain gold mask with a freshly clipped rose in full bloom was almost sickening in its similarity to the owner's namesake. No one could look at him and not know exactly who he was. He would float in and out of conversations with peon and politician alike. And he danced, by god did he dance, with a grace and precision unrivaled in all of Ragona. The whispers of his finesse as a fencer buzzed around the ball as he demonstrated exactly how elegantly his body could move. He danced with many a lady, and exchanged conversation with a great many people from all walks of life. One thing he did little of however, was discuss politics with his fellow towers. When he talked with the other Towers it was of music, science, and philosophy. A true gentleman wouldn't sully the wonderful mood that our gracious host has bestowed upon us. For Lewis, politics could remain at the council meetings. This night was to relax and enjoy. He laughed, discussed philosophy, and danced the night away, and for some reason he was unable to find the wonderful host. He told many a patron that he wished to congratulate the host on such a magnificent evening, but none had any knowledge of their whereabouts.

As he passed he heard Richard's quip and laughed whole-heartedly and turned to Richards. Oh come now Tower Richards, is there no one here who's company you find enjoyable? No splendor in the dance or decor? I beseech you, enjoy yourself! He said light-heartedly.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2015, 07:48:24 pm »

Richards chuckles under his gray mask, breaking a smile in spite of himself."You've known me for quite some time, Tower Lewis. I've never had a reputation as an "enjoyer. We are politicians, men of the people. I find my job quite enough enjoyment most of the time." Richards chuckles again, raising his goblet. "I must compliment our host, Tower Windborn, on his taste in wine, however. Fine, Lorenze vintage. Must've cost him a pretty penny. I think that'll be my enjoyment for tonight."

Richards had heard Lewis asking the other patrons about the whereabouts of the host, and gestured carefully with his goblet at the relic room. "Speaking of our host, you were looking for him, correct? I saw him and Tower Elbegast in the relic room, looking at house heirlooms, you know. If he's in there, give him my compliments on the wine."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »

Ha! To quote the esteemed philosopher Emmanuel Kant, (Who I am deciding exists in this world)'"I can say of every representation that it is at least possible it should be bound up with a pleasure. Of representation that I call pleasant I say that it actually excites pleasure in me."' Lewis Goldbloom grins slightly at the play on words and bows to Richards before he walks toward the relic room.

He stands at the doorway and says, "Excuse me, is our gracious host available for schmoozing and congratulations on such a successful ball?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2015, 08:42:16 pm »

Richards smiles as Lewis walks away, having found the exchange amusing, and takes one last sip of his wine. Finding the glass empty, Richards walks back over to the table, pouring some more of the Lorenze wine into his goblet, and keeps an eye out for anything interesting happening on the floor. If there's nothing of note, Richards resigns himself to another round working the floor, making small chat with the other towers, and whoever they brought to their party. He mutters under his breath to himself, quiet enough that it might be completely inaudible to anyone not standing right next to him.

"I'd much rather be doing actual work then standing around here, making chatter. Important work for a politician, I suppose, but it's dreadfully dull."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2015, 08:48:17 pm »

Turning to Goldbloom Avery said "Hello Goldie, and yes you may. Was just showing Harold here my relic collection. By the way how do you like the music? I tried to get Octavia but Leo is a close second."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 03:43:09 am »

Having entered the rather eculiar room Harald turns around and waits for Windborn to close the door before speaking.
So, Lord Windborn...what is it you wanted to talk about?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 03:56:38 am »

Elbegast approaches Richards as he passes by. "These events are diverting, but our natural place is in the debating chamber of the council, is it not?"

He steps in closer, dropping his voice. "Can we trust that you will stand with the city and not the Irlaxi in the coming conflict?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 07:32:57 am »

The evening draws late, and the guests are tired.  Any conversations had best come to their conclusion.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 08:10:49 am »

Richards raises an eyebrow at Elbegast under his mask. He lowers his voice and responds. "Of course. I have no love for Irlax, I merely did not want Ragona to go to war. What are you suggesting?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27