Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18329 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2015, 01:10:55 pm »

Aye
Nay
Aye

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:14:57 pm by notquitethere »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2015, 02:03:43 pm »

ptw

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2015, 02:26:26 pm »

PTW!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2015, 02:42:42 pm »

Aye, Nay, Aye
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2015, 02:43:57 pm »

Nay
Aye
Aye

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 11:51:43 am »

The voting ends.  All Towers return their tablets to the boys, who present them to the Senex.

Results of Voting

Motion 1:  25 Ayes, 20 Nays

Motion 2:  12 Ayes, 32 Nays, 1 Abstain

Motion 3:  25 Ayes, 20 Nays

The Senex stands.

SENEX:  "The votes have been counted.  It is the will of this Council that we shall intercede on the side of Lorenze in their war with Irlax, and not on the side of Irlax.  It is also the Council's will that the Cult of the Black Sun be permitted to construct a temple within the city walls, provided they pay a fifth of their tithes from the city as tax.

"The issues of the day have been resolved, and I therefore call this meeting to an end."

The Senex strikes his staff once, and the Towers disperse.

It is now the Night Phase.  You may now send your Actions to the GM via PM.  Once received they will be processed, actions resolved, pre-day messages sent and the new Day will begin.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 01:17:56 pm »

Interlude
The Windborn Estate

Invitations are sent out to all the Towers to attend a grand ball at the Windborn estate, courtesy of Avery Windborn.  The villa is decked out with flowers and coloured ribbons, amphoras of wine are available at every turn and nubile slaves are ready to provide whatever services might be required.  A quartet of excellent musicians play throughout the evening, and the air is a festive one - in contrast, perhaps to the sudden decline of business for much of Ragona.

On an entertaining added note, this is a masked ball!

The Tower, Avery Windborn, stands at the head of the courtyard in an outstanding, exorbitantly fashionable suit, his handsome looks drawing quite the attention from the ladies of the party.  The musicians play to a close, and the Tower Windborn addresses the crowd...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:30:02 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 02:30:23 pm »

"Greatings lords and ladys of this fine city, may I have your attention please, Jared Glassrock can you wait until I have finished my speech to sample the slaves, thank you Jared. Now as I was saying I welcome you all to the very first annual Windborn ball and every year their shall be a different theme of the ball. Now as you can see this year has no theme. Now go and enjoy yourself people. Yes Jared you may sample the slaves now.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 02:51:37 pm »

Eric Richards stands in the back of the courtyard, by the wine, and listens to the speech. He nods as Windborn speaks, but pays little attention to the speech, instead scanning the courtyard, his piercing gray eyes moving over each guest before disregarding them.

As Windborn finishes, he jerks back to attention, giving him a half-hearted clap before turning around. He picks up an average-looking goblet, filling it to the halfway point with expensive wine, imported from Lorenze, and begins to move through the crowd. After a minute, he reaches Avery Windborn, and stands across from him, paying little attention to his drink. Business is at hand.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 03:05:52 pm »

Avery was talking to his sister when he saw Richards walking towards him "No dear i couldn't get Octavia to perform, she was out of the city. Now run along and have some fun, it might do you some good." when Richards got to him he said "Having fun at the party Eric?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »

"Plenty. You've got a fine selection of wines back there, even a few from Lorenze. Must've been expensive...speaking of Lorenze. You voted for the war, yes? Mind if I ask why?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 03:37:30 pm »

Eggerich Elbegast gazes around the party, awkwardly adjusting his mask. Such frivolity! Still, it would do well to put in a good showing for the House. He has some wine poured for him and samples the food and inspects the flowers while trying not to look like he's listening in on Richards and Windborn.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 04:11:23 pm »

Avery's voice lowers his "Simple, the breaking of a contract. Now I am going to have to ask you to never mention this to anyone. The king of Larlax is quite mad, has been for years. All decisions are made by his chief "adviser" Vashna who is also mad but in a different sense, Vashna is a clever ma-" suddenly he changes topic as a tower approaches  "yes I do think the stonebridgers have a real chance of making it to the finals this year. Now where was I, oh yes he is a clever mad, the most dangerous kind. I realised he wanted to take the Loreneze's land and offered him something he wanted more in exchange for him not taking it. He broke the contract, now he dies."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 04:23:58 pm »

Richards lowers his voice as well. "Interesting. I have a bad feeling both of us are going to lose a small fortune of denarii because of this war, but let's hope for the best. Now, if you'll excuse me."

Richards brushes past Avery, walking up to a person a ways behind him and beginning to talk. If anyone was paying very close attention, they might see him stick something into Avery's pocket as he brushed by.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 04:38:10 pm »

Harald Stonetree had settled himself down inside the ballroom watching the dancers swish by to something which propably amounted to a fast waltz. He looked at the third empty goblet of Lorenzian wine and grimaced. At least he was going to get a lot out of those folks...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27