Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18307 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #375 on: September 05, 2015, 04:39:26 am »

"I don't really like this attempt at re-doing the vote just lost, Noble Senex. In any case, I will support Tower Richard vote the post of High Judge."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 05, 2015, 04:52:40 am »

SENEX:  "You mistake my intention.  I truly doubt no judge will be elected, but the option must be there."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #377 on: September 05, 2015, 09:56:01 am »

Vote Richards 2k16! Vote for Tower Richards.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 05, 2015, 02:08:17 pm »

"Richards"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2015, 05:43:21 am »

I vote for no judge for now
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:55:19 am by Ghazkull »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 07, 2015, 04:56:27 pm »

"Well then, without a second to nominate me, I too shall vote for No Judge."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2015, 02:26:07 pm »

"No judge for now."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2015, 02:27:14 pm »

"No judge."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2015, 05:26:15 pm »

"I suppose I will vote for myself. Richards."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 16, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »

SENEX:  "The votes are tallied, and with twenty-six votes to nineteen, Tower Richards is the new Highest Judge.  Agents from your new office will brief you on the particulars, Eric.  All hail the newest Crown of Ragona!"

There is a smattering of cheers from the Tower seats - a third of the Towers voted against a judge at all.

SENEX:  "We shall reconvene tomorrow for the trial.  Judge Richards will preside."

The Senex strikes his staff once, and the Towers disperse.

The Trial of Avery Windborn

Once again the Council have gathered in the spacious Hall of the Towers. The Senex Princeps, Chief of the Centuria and Master of the Coin are here, along with Judge Richards and the remaining 41 Towers.  The Senex Princeps begins to speak once everyone is seated on the low stone benches, which form a wide circle around the center of the hall.  The Senex and the three other Crowns, as they are called together, are seated at the northern side.  Tower Windborn is present as well, guarded by a pair of centuria.

The Senex solemnly passes the iron staff that is his symbol of office to the Highest Judge, who strikes it three times, calling the Council to order.

The trial begins!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:15:15 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 16, 2015, 05:13:11 pm »

Judge Richards strikes the iron staff on the floor three times, calling the council to order, and waits. Once the council has settled down, he begins to speak.

"Good day, my fellow Towers. Today is the trial of Ragona versus Avery Windborn. During a feast, Tower Stonetree was killed by an assassin, and the defendant was arrested by the Centuria in connection to the murder. Due to the grave nature of this crime, and the importance of both the victim and the suspect, I will preside over the proceedings. Once both the prosecution and the defense have made their case, I will decide whether the defendant is guilty or innocent."

"Now. Tower Riskov, as the prosecution, you shall present your case first."

After finishing his speech, the Judge steps back to allow the Tower to take the floor, watching him intently.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 18, 2015, 04:43:55 pm »

"Esteemed Judge, Honourable Towers, today we stand in judgment of Tower Windborn, who is accused of committing the most heinous crime of them all - a plotted murder of another noble. Such act against a fellow Ragonan is an act against the very integrity of our commonwealth, and as such needs to be pursued with the highest degree of vigilance and force.

Now,the Tower, while standing accused of assassination, has not delivered the blow himself, but arranged a plot which on his order and with his resources ended in with the heinous crime of murder.

The questions of 'why' are something that we are here to determine. However, the question of 'how' can be answered here and now."

Tower Riskov looked at his prepared notes and begun speaking again.

"Tower Windborn kept an extensive communication with Tower Stonetree, as both of them were old partners and regularly communicated. However, recent relations were not so good. Why, you may ask? Tower Windborn had some ideas about their partnership and potential avenues of activity. I have here documentation, which in no uncertain terms describes activities of Avery Windborn. Evidence is in the documents secured by Centuria.

The documents are a letter inviting Stonetree to discuss a planned attack against the Goldbooms, as well as a copy of Harald Stonetree's diary, wherein he writes that he (Stonetree) met with Windborn on the given date at the Gilt and Grape and that Windborn suggested Stonetree assist him in murdering Goldbloom at the arranged concert, explaining that he would have an assassin shoot Goldbloom whilst he was at table with Stonetree, and Stonetree would have his guards assist the escape.

I have the letter here if any of the towers wants to look at it.
A letter arrives from the Tower Windborn.

Dear Harold.

I understand that you are having some problems with some, Golden Blooms. I would like to request your presence at the Gilt and Grape. To discuss our dealing with the gold, I would recommend you come with only your most trusted men, the bloom may have spies among them.

From Avery.

Now, this is bad enough in itself, as Tower Stonetree plainly states that he was approached about committing a crime, or at least that Avery planned to commit an act with malice aforethought. However, Tower Stonetree appears to have not accepted the offer, as he makes no further mention of the fact or anything related to it.

There is also a diary entry from two nights later, where Stonetree notes an attempted assassination in which several members of his household staff were poisoned. Poison - This is not something that ended up killing Tower Stonetree, and you might think that it is not connected. However, there is a connection there and a vital one. It would explain the reasoning, as Tower Windborn appeared to be afraid that Tower Stonetree's refusal would mean his swift end. Yet, he escalated the assassination to the point where he ended up revealing himself.

Your Honor, I would like to call on my witness - Windborn servant caught by Centuria."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:13:03 pm by Ardas »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 18, 2015, 05:11:45 pm »

A rather lithe figure with heavily built arms and shoulders is led into the centre of the room by centuria.  His hands are manacled, but he is otherwise unimpeded and dressed in ordinary clothing.  He rattles off a speech, trembling.

"I am an archer, your Honour, 'ired to kill Tower Stonetree by Tower Windborn.  I shot 'im from a spot in the ampifeeatre on the Tower's orders, using a poison 'e had ob-tained.  I beg forgiveness from the gods for the crime I was forced to com-mit on pain of deaff."

He stands there awkwardly, his piece said.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:33 pm »

"Did your employer explained to you why you were tasked to do it? Or why poison?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 18, 2015, 05:22:00 pm »

The man blinks, thinking.

"I was told if I shot the Go-, no the Stonetree guy, yeah, the dead guy, if I shot him I'd be set for life.  Money, and a sty-pen from then on.  Told to use poison to make sure.  Din't want no chance of surviving."  He seems to remember something, and adds;  "Oh, and my family would be killed if I din't."

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27