Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18305 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2015, 12:17:15 pm »

"Are you aware of something I'm not, my dear Tower? If you state that you already have knowledge of evidence, does that mean you took part in the said crime? Or are you in collusion with a third party? Or perhaps you wish to tamper with the facts and plan on manufacturing an alibi? I would be careful in making any further statements, lest you be charged with collusion and assisting in evidence coverup."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2015, 12:22:35 pm »

"The "third party" I was colluding with was a representative of the Centuria which informed me of this evidence's existence at the same time I was granted access to Tower Windborn's cell. I have not been able to access said evidence though, which interfere with my ability to effectively fulfill my role as counsel.

Frankly, between your urge to jail anyone who disagree with you and your reckless accusations, I'm starting to feel you are unfit for this duty. What kind of prosecutors threaten to jail the defense counsel for trying to defend its client? "

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2015, 12:27:09 pm »

"I stated nothing directly about your capacities as defense counsel, however it is a standard legal practice to hold on to evidence unless the said evidence has any value to redeem the defendant. As it stands, that evidence speaks plainly of guilt and as such will be presented during the trial itself."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2015, 12:29:35 pm »

Ha! Jail me? There is no grounds for that. You might as well try to chain the entire council if you're going to chain me. I have made no claim concerning the only case you are prosecutor of except which is public knowledge and record. As you have not been appointed prosecutor for, nor have any involvement in the case of the murder of the High Judge, then you cannot claim that I am revealing evidence. You sir asked why I hesitate to make the Senex the Judge and I gave you my answer. He has taken a prisoner on suspect of murdering the high judge but has not formally made any charges, released any statement, or even allowed anyone access besides himself. It would be a great injustice of due process to allow the Senex, with all due respect to his position and character, to gain these absolute powers without some answers first.

Mr. Prosecutor, perhaps in overstepping your bounds you have forgotten your wit. For you to make such allegations of collusion to murder, not only from me, but also the highly respected Tower Jayne, well, it's silly at best. I hope you formally include that in your case, along with my imprisonment. Oh wait, looks like we both forgot, that is beyond your power.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2015, 12:32:17 pm »

"Care to reveal the source of your knowledge , or is it a baseless accusation against Senex? I do think speculating has gone for far too long."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »

My information comes directly from the office of the late Highest Judge himself. To convince any who would disbelieve me, I shall reveal the cause of death: poison, and a nasty one at that.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2015, 12:43:59 pm »

Well ain't that a thing. Just the same as Tower Windborns attempt at poisoning half my family and successfully murdering away a good part of the household staff.

May i take an educated guess Tower Goldbloom was it perhaps poison in his wine?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »

Unfortunately I do not know the delivery method, only the weapon. The man was whisked away by Senex guards before the High Judge's office or the Centuria could question him. They have been barred from seeing him even now, or at least they were at the beginning of this meeting.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2015, 12:51:08 pm »

"Tower Windborn was under custody of the Centuria at the time. How exactly could they organize the murder of the High Judge? And for what? It would just make his situation worse."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2015, 01:03:05 pm »

I believe that is a separate case. I do not believe that Tower Windborn could have been involved, but it is not the time for this particular conversation as Tower Windborn is facing different charges first."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2015, 01:06:37 pm »

"Agreed. In any case, it is not this Assembly's role to judge those cases. Let us move on, I think there is at least enough people wanting a Tower to be elected to Judgeship to justify a vote.

I would however like to know why the Senex decided to hide the fact that he held the Judge's assassin?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »

Obviously to prevent that man's assassination. Why else? His employer propably would want him dead so he is hidden in security until the trial.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2015, 01:18:48 pm »

"But the Senex's men, not the Centuria or Judge's? And while the Senex is seeking the Judge's power for himself?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2015, 01:24:27 pm »

"Least you forget, our Senex already has the power of a Judge right now until a new one is elected. What the proposal was involving was to extend his interim Judge post till the end of the war, that is to say till conclusion of the conflict. and I would not be so hasty as to say that a new Judge should be elected just now, there is no overwhelming majority to override a constitutional issue."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 02, 2015, 01:28:48 pm »

Its my understanding that the constitution states that upon the disenfranchisement or death of a Crown a new one is elected immediately to replace them or the Senex may take these powers as his own, however, this has been an unpopular action in the past as it violates the distribution of power through the Crowns.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:10:44 pm by Spiderking50 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27