Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18309 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #330 on: September 01, 2015, 02:48:56 am »

"As prosecution,  I have a case and proof prepared. I will reveal it during the trial though and do trust me on this, the motives and guilt are there."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2015, 03:11:28 am »

"Speaking of which, as defense counsel I have not been able to look over the evidence, which is hampering my ability to work efficiently."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2015, 06:48:49 pm »

"The session draws on my fellow Towers. Will anyone second my proposal for an immediate election of Tower Richards to the position of judge? Every week we linger with this, innocent parties may linger in jail or guilty parties persist without punishment."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2015, 04:04:06 am »

"I will second your proposal for an immediate election, and endorse Tower Richard for Judge."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2015, 04:08:19 am »

I propose that instead the Senex will take up the responsibilities of High Judge until this trial is over. The High Judge has been clearly killed to prevent the Trial from being done and as such the only one hundred percent trustworthy man we can believe to be impartial is the Senex. Everyone else might be a fluke to be put in place to skew the judgement of the court.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2015, 08:44:00 am »

"I would like to state, that according to my leige's lawyer, the judge delayed the trial another fortnight. Thus I would like to request his will be followed, and we be given time to finish finding the evidence needed to be proved not guilty."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #336 on: September 02, 2015, 09:48:46 am »

I am not exceptionally familiar with the our law on the replacement of a Crown, as replacement due to assassination is a very rare and terrible occurrence, but it is my understanding that a temporary High Judge is appointed temporarily to deal with matters at hand until a proper election can be held. With one assassin captured and another at large, it only makes sense that a we appoint a temporary High Judge in this grave time. I see no better candidate than Tower Richards, he is known to be a just man who has no patients for petty qualms and schemes. I also support the motion to appoint Tower Richards as acting high judge for the aforementioned period.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:38 am »

"My fellow Towers, please do not mis-construct my words, but is it not overly suspicious that the assassination is done on the eve of a trial and all of a sudden we have an unanimous rush of people to vot in tower Richards? Is not the fact that such suspicion alone exists disqualifies him and postpones the election until after the trial? Anything that could affect the impartiality of the trial should be avoided, and on that basis alone we should hold out.

As my previous speaker said he has a lack of knowledge of Ragonan Constitution, which shows that this idea is poorly thought out and is suspicious to say the least. I propose that this constitutional conundrum be addressed by postponing the election until the matters at hand are resolved.

In addition, I do not see a reason for withholding with the trial any longer, as it only plays into the hands of those that benefit from the assassination and that is a big worry for me as a prosecutor."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2015, 10:07:01 am »

If you had listened closely to my "poorly thought out proposition", you would have realized you just suggested the exact same thing. Appoint a judge until the matters at hand are dealt with and then have a proper election. Also if you notice it is the members of the Patriots of Ragonia who are supporting Richards. The Patriots have always worked to support this great city, from fighting its wars to constructing its aqueducts, of course we'd put forth the most righteous among us in this dangerous time. Your suspicion is endearing, really, but misplaced.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 02, 2015, 10:13:04 am »

"And pray tell, are you questioning Senex's impartiality in the matter? Because choosing tower Richards and then leaving him in the post afterwards sounds mighty suspicious to me. Not to mention, there is a suspicion that tower Windborn is or was affiliated with Patriots; something my investigation touched upon too."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 02, 2015, 10:31:16 am »

Now that's interesting, now do tell me the results of your espionage, did tower Windborn ever donate money to the Patriots? Did Windborn send men or ships to assist in Patriot matters? Has tower Windborn even attended a Patriots meeting? Save yourself the trouble of revealing your snakes, the answer to all of these questions is no. Never has Windborn ever had any affiliation with the Patriots.

As for leaving Richards in the post, if you had paid more attention you'd have seen that I specifically stated that he hold the post for the aforementioned period prescribed by the Senex.

Now tell me, Mr. Prosecutor, who murdered the high judge? Do you know? Of course you don't. However, one man among us does. Dearest Senex, please share with this council why you have not disclosed the fact that you have the High Judge's murderer in chains and why you are the only person who may see him?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:38:10 am by Spiderking50 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 02, 2015, 11:54:02 am »

"It would appear that not only you seem to bear quite a lot of bile, especially when I am carrying out my civic duty as investigator, you also are revealing a lot of information that is vital for investigations in both cases. A lot of sides made a lot of informative pronouncements too. As Prosecutor, I suggest Tower Goldbloom is held under arrest and made available for questioning immediately. I also suggest that the trial is held now without any further ado."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2015, 12:01:38 pm »

"What? You are overstepping your authority, Tower Riskov. What crime did Tower Goldbloom commit? And what information did Tower Goldbloom reveal that was necessary? That Tower Windborn has no link with the Patriot?

You can't just jail anyone that disagree with you. I also have to demand that I be allowed to review the evidence before any trial take place."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2015, 12:10:18 pm »

"I am perfecty wìthin my rights in securing evidence in case of our late judge. The arrest is temporary and will not lead to any further action as long as evidence is given. As for defence and access to evidence, I am sorry to say that none of it has any exculpatory value,  that is, prosecution holds  no evidence that could clear the defendant of guilt. Evidence held at present is exclusively a work of prosecution's investigation and therefore free from disclosure."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2015, 12:13:19 pm »

"Horsecrap. I know about that so-called "witness" and documents that were secured before you ever were appointed to the case and which I had no access too."

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27