Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18308 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #315 on: August 31, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »

"A jury cannot arrest people or conduct investigation. If the Senex is willing to investigate that weapon situation I will back his proposal. Even if no one is too blame, the situation is muddled enough to warrant investigation in my opinion. If we learn where the rebels got their weapons from, we can avoid similar issues in the future."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 31, 2015, 03:29:28 pm »

"Well, comitee then?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2015, 04:02:27 pm »

SENEX:  "That... wasn't exactly a confession of guilt, but let me put it this way.  If Tower Jeppol just admitted to carrying out espionage against another Tower, a form of low treason and a crime carrying a sentence of imprisonment or execution, in front of forty witnesses, then Tower Norvar just admitted to conspiracy to commit murder, a crime carrying a sentence of imprisonment or execution, in front of forty witnesses."

SENEX:  "Would either party care to press the matter, or shall we consider this to be groundless blustering?  Additionally, I have not raised the replacement of the Highest Judge as a matter, but if the motion is seconded it will be considered.  In any case, the trial of Tower Windborn is indefinitely postponed, unless a motion is proposed, seconded and passed to have it tomorrow, following this Council session."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2015, 04:10:06 pm »

"I fail to see how spying on another Tower would constitute treason. It is not an action against Ragona after all. Based on what Tower Jeppol said, the only crime he seems to have committed is Possession of Stolen Goods.

In any case, it seems Ragona has been turning slowly into a pit of injustice and inequity. Murder, theft seems to be common at the highest level. We need to strike back if we are to restore law and order. As such, I do not like the idea of reporting any trial indefinitely."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2015, 04:23:09 pm »

"I disagree with the motion to postpone the trial, the true treasoners must be found! "

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »

"Admission of murder? Oh no, you misread my statement. The agent responsible for theft on my house simply disappeared, not by my hand. Why would I care to murder someone who was incompetent enough to steal falsified documents? Regardless, I have no interest in furthering this debate, unless Tower Jeppol would like to continue making a fool of himself.

If no one else shall, I propose that we carry out the trial of Tower Windborn tomorrow, who shall second this motion?"
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2015, 04:54:38 pm »

"I would like the trial and the investigation to be carried out in a timely fashion. Hence why electing a judge today would be in all of our interests, rather than indefinitely delaying the matter. Concentrating power into the hands of one man is not the Ragonan way. The Judge is a separate office for good reasons and there is no excuse for not electing a replacement while we are gathered here and there are ample candidates to choose from."

A clerk runs over with a small wax tablet. Tower Elbegast examines it for a moment before continuing, "The pirates of three or four weeks ago effectively stole from all outgoing trade, so every Tower trading would have been effected. This means that the pirates likely had access to weapons from every Tower with ironworks. We will require a proper investigation to ascertain whether the rebels obtained them from other sources."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:27 pm »

Tower Stonetree seconds the motion for immediate trial. I want the head of the murderer of my father and i will make sure that i get it.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »

"Immediate trial implies we have a judge ready to preside. Unless the assumption is that Senex will fill that role? My position as prosecutor still stands I believe and I have a case ready."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2015, 06:51:00 pm »

"There is another alternative: a jury of the defendant's peers. Such a jury is normally convened at the responsible magistrate's discretion, but I doubt our Judge is going to disagree."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 31, 2015, 07:22:00 pm »

"I do not know of such precedence in Ragona, neither do I agree. This is a criminal case and is to be dealt with according to existing statues, which specify exactly the punishment and the type of evidence that warrant said punishment. Moreover, the guilt is clear and undeniable.

Personally though, I would speed the case along by still voting in for emergency judicial powers for Senex to resolve the case and to refocus our attention on the war. Death of one Tower is nothing compared to loss of life by Ragonan people in their hundreds on a battlefield. Lets not neglect our duty here by entertaining a court of peers."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #326 on: August 31, 2015, 07:41:52 pm »

"The guilt is undeniable"? What evidence is there to even support the claim that Tower Windborn killed Tower Stonetree? I know many of us here believe this to be the case, but without hard evidence, there can be no conviction. Unless you have information frOm some other sOurCe then there is no way you could know it was Windborn.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 31, 2015, 07:50:58 pm »

"Yes, I agree with Goldbloom's question, where would you get that information, and would it have anything to do with my leige's brother being stabbed sixteen times in the chest yesterday?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 31, 2015, 07:58:07 pm »

SENEX:  "Unless a Judge is selected, which will require a motion and for it to pass, by default I will serve as Judge - even without emergency measures, the duty passes to my office in the absence of a Judge.  The Tower Council would serve as a jury in the event of an immediate trial, as originally intended.  A jury convicts, a judge sentences."

CHIEF:  "No reports have been made regarding the deaths of any Windborn nobles, to my knowledge."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 31, 2015, 08:10:10 pm »

"He was wearing chainmail, as he had just returned from training, and thus he survived relatively unharmed."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27