Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18314 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2015, 05:17:46 am »

Nay, Aye, Aye, Aye, Nay.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2015, 05:25:10 am »

Nay, Nay, Nay, Nay... Aye.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2015, 11:37:04 am »

Nay, aye, aye, nay, aye.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2015, 08:08:38 am »

Nay, aye, aye, nay, aye.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2015, 08:09:39 am »

((Aren't you dead? :p ))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2015, 12:45:46 pm »

The voting ends.  All Towers return their tablets to the boys, who present them to the Senex.

Results of Voting

Motion 1: 16 Aye, 28 Nay, 1 Abstain

Motion 2: 40 Aye, 4 Nay, 1 Abstain

Motion 3: 31 Aye, 7 Nay, 7 Abstain

Motion 4: 30 Aye, 11 Nay, 4 Abstain

Motion 5: 11 Aye, 30 Nay, 4 Abstain

The Senex stands.

SENEX:  "The votes have been counted.  It is the will of this Council that the appointment of wartime generals is at the Chief of the Centuria's discretion, that the division of spoils by wartime generals be ratified by the Council, that we shall aid Anterra in their war against Fentius, that we shall send troops to pacify Sarlax, and that we will not commit Centuria troops to handling the pirate problem."

SENEX:  "I will announce to Anterra that we shall be joining their campaign in two weeks' time, to give the Centuria time to deal with internal matters.  I will additionally request Lorenze's aid in this war."

JUDGE:  "In next week's trial, Tower Riskov will serve as the prosecution, and Tower Jayne will serve as counsel for the defence.  Both sides will be contacted by my agents regarding the trial."

The Senex strikes his staff once, and the Towers disperse.

It is now the Night Phase.  You may now send your Actions to the GM via PM.  Once received they will be processed, actions resolved, pre-day messages sent and the new Day will begin.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2015, 06:20:09 pm »

Eary Iunius, 263R

Once again the Council have gathered in the spacious Hall of the Towers. The Senex Princeps, Chief of the Centuria and Master of the Coin are here, along with 39 of the 41 Towers.  The Senex Princeps begins to speak once everyone is seated on the low stone benches, which form a wide circle around the center of the hall.  The Senex and the three other Crowns, as they are called together, are seated at the northern side - or would be, but one seat is notably missing.

Today the Senex steps up to his podium with a tired, drawn face.

SENEX:  "It is my solemn duty to inform you that our most noble fellow Tower... for some, our old friend... the Highest Judge has been murdered by poison.  I will be temporarily taking on the duties of his office, until the current armed conflict is at an end.  At that point, we will elect a new Judge."

SENEX:  "Well, then.  Today we have to discuss and decide on three topics.  First of all: The various Barons of Tarlax have offered military access in exchange for naked bribes disguised as 'tolls'.  It would take 5000 denarii to bribe them all."

The Master and Chief stand.

MASTER:  "Five thousand denarii would hire four maniples of Centuria.  We might as well just kill our way through Tarlax than pay that ransom."

CHIEF:  "Tarlax separates Irlax and Anterra, and would create a land route to Anterra, saving on the ships we would need to dedicate to move troops to Anterra, should we decide to use it as a staging point.  On the other hand, we are perfectly capable of moving troops to Anterra via ship.  I would like to state that the Centuria will be offering recompense of 300 denarii per ship per fortnight turned to the transport of troops, to defray wage costs."

SENEX:  "Second, the noble council of Vinn have offered us military access directly through Vinn to Fentius, in return for a permanent agreement not to compete with them in certain export markets - chiefly those where they trade goods, in which they are our chief competitor."

MASTER: "Such a concession would halve our market share in such states.  It would cripple our goods industry."

CHIEF: "On the other hand, a direct land route would give us significant strategic flexibility, opening a third possible front beside the Anterran border and Fentian coast."

Both men sit.

SENEX:  "Finally, I propose that for the next eight weeks, with no option to extend beyond that point short of a full Council vote, the office of the Senex be granted summary justice powers - the power to arrest, judge and carry out sentences of dissidents or criminals without review.  This is not a time for sedition or division, and whilst I imagine my old friend would have been able to handle this with a lighter hand, I feel that a firm one is necessary."

SENEX:  "If any Towers wish to speak on these proposals, you may begin."

The Senex lifts the iron staff that is his symbol of office and strikes the marble floor thrice - Clang, Clang, Clang! - The time of discussion is now.

Morning Phase has begun.

Public Document
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:31:39 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2015, 07:00:06 pm »

I have an announcement to make to the council: this last fortnight I organized and led an expedition against the Pirates that used to plagues our seas. A great success it was: two ships were sunk and a third captured. I did not, however, capture all the pirates responsible for last month's assault on our commerce.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »

"Pirates struck at my shipping as well. They were fought off, but gained nothing. I am thankful to all those who contributed to this effort to rid our seas of piracy."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:40:39 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2015, 07:29:30 pm »

I too bring news. The rebellion in Sarlax was crushed. Two maniples of rebels died sword in hand. The rest surrendered and a few individuals fled. My forces and the Centuria executed many more rebels after the fighting was done. One maniple of ours was sadly lost in the initial fighting. The streets of Sarlax are now quiet. I'd like to thank and commend the Chief of the Centuria for the bravery and prowess that his men demonstrated on the battlefield. It was an honor to stand with them.

On the matter of the first proposal I ask what our odds are against the Tarlaxians. I know not of their strength, but for 5000d we could buy ships and soldiers enough. That is simply a poor deal.

The second proposal is a farce. A permanent decrease in our trade for a temporary allowance through their country? Ha! That's clownish.

Our decision is simple. We need not either of these deals. The men who defended Sarlax from the rebels are proven heros and combatants, and our ships have defeated pirates on the open seas. Our ships and our men are strong. We need not cripple ourselves with either of these propositions.

However in these trying times, I fear that we need you to lead, not judge, master Senex. We're about to enter a war and Ragonia needs you in your full capacity, not divided between two seats. I propose that a council of three Towers take the position for the allotted time. Upon the end of that period, a more permanent situation will be discussed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:34:49 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 27, 2015, 05:16:21 am »

Tower Stonetree stood up. That is the New Tower Stonetree. Jeremi. His face was etched with anger

Ragona, what has become of you. Is that what we are? Murderers? Thieves? Assassins in the Night? Is that how our political and daily realities will look from now on? That every single one of us will need to check every wine cup, every bloody morsel of food for poison? That we have to check our homes and our staffs for murderers?

Is that truly what we have become? That justice is obstructed by the murder of our judges? I have enough of this. I will have my justice and so should the rest of us. The Senex should be given these Emergency Powers to deal with the Traitors and Murderers among us and bring a semblance of order back to the city.

As for those who stand in our way. We shall smite them and cleave a bloody swathe through all opposition like the Chief proposed. House Stonetree will pledge its entire Army to the War once the City is safe once more.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2015, 03:45:49 am »

"So Tower Stonetree is now willing to contribute some things to the city's welfare? My, maybe this assassination wasn't such a bad thing after all.

As for the matter of the judge, the Constitution is clear. A new Crown must be elected."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2015, 05:13:27 am »

...Oh you mean the 5 Manipels which guarded the city while you were off playing war weren't providing for the public? In case you didn't know 80% of the cities guard were provided by me during the war with Sarlax.

And for this insult you just uttered i ask...no i demand your apology. My Father may have not been a very righteous man, but at least he was upstanding and not supporting assassins and thieves.

With that Jeremi spat on the floor in front of Tower Jeyne.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2015, 09:25:33 am »

"Tower Stonetree, why are you so certain that my patron tower, is guilty, do you know something we are not aware of?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2015, 11:43:58 am »

"Quite so, you'll see what we know about you and your kind at the trial."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27