Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18327 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2015, 06:42:43 pm »

"Protection from piracy is a longstanding focus of House Elbegast. We have a small fleet for this reason. This latest upsurge of piracy is little to worry ourselves with. I will work with the Centuria and my fellow ship-owning Towers to defeat these pirates."

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2015, 08:23:00 pm »

House Telmar votes with an ayeon the first and second proposal. The military and the council must work together if we are to achieve any victories. I say nayon the Anterran war, as the Anterrans clearly had no ground to attack.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2015, 08:53:07 pm »

The prince's brother has been murdered in cold blood! If it had been one of our brothers we would be up in arms. Look how fervently we have bee looking for Stonetree's murderer. Perhaps we should try to mediate something with the mine, to prevent further attacks. 
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2015, 12:45:52 am »

"I am willing to commit two of the Jayne ships to the anti-piracy effort, if the Centuria would man them."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2015, 12:49:34 am »

(Wrong thread error #1, heh. Tere needs sleep badly.)

"I too, will commit ships, if they can be manned. Or men if they won't be needed in Sarlax. But alas, I cannot destroy my own business to support everything."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:25:26 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2015, 06:16:35 am »

"I don't think we actually have ships, yeah, pretty sure we just borrowed other trade ships."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2015, 12:29:09 pm »

Riskov, who sat silently until now and chewed on the said words, finally rose.

"Friends, Ragonans, countrymen! When our commonwealth is given dishonour at home, when respect for noble towers is abandoned, and when the prosperity of our familes is preyed upon, it is no time for peaceful solutions, this is not a time for passionless half-solutions, it is time for decided action and a decided resolution!

We know who killed, but do we know why? And is there a balance in prosecution and defence that both hail from the same political camp? Moreover, there should be mind paid to excluding the guilty party from council altogether, as they excluded themselves from our commonwealth by violating another tower and thus suspending normal civil life. As my desire and balance and justice is tempering by hate at the deed done, I propose myself for prosecution.

Tower Riskov is not one of naval prowess, but I agree that piracy is worse than highway robbery and should be treated as such - execution without pardon. I am for whatever naval arrangement is suggested.

Last but not least, is the matter of war. Have we not given our word and guarantees to our allies? Have we not agreed that we shall lend them our forces? Now the question is of blame and whether Ragona should get involved - I say it shall.

What will be a major question when it comes to the said war is -  who shall lead and how should the spoils be divided. Current laws are suited to the tasks we will face. I shall say that the council should divide the spoils but selection of the leader shall be left to those who know war."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »

"In truth, I will be well occupied with the fight against piracy this fortnight, so I will step back and nominate Tower Riskov for the prosecution."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2015, 08:06:11 pm »

An aide moves up to the Senex Princeps. He listens for a moment, then stands up and strikes the floor again, twice this time.

SENEX: "All that had to be said has been said. The sun is past its midpoint. The voting begins now.  I shall add in the proposals for Centuria intervention in Sarlax and on the piracy matter, but I must make it clear that these two issues are mutually exclusive - the Centuria can only spare men to deal with one matter or the other."

Young boys rush into the chamber, bringing quills and wax tablets for all Towers present.

The Afternoon Phase has begun.  You may vote on each of the topics, Aye or Nay.

1.  That the appointment of wartime generals by the Chief of the Centuria be ratified by the Council.

2.  That the division of spoils as decreed by conquering generals be ratified by the Council.

3.  That we shall come to Anterra's aid in their war against Fentius.

4.  That the Centuria shall send troops to pacify Sarlax.

5.  That the Centuria shall send troops to deal with the piracy problem.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2015, 08:13:18 pm »

Aye, aye, abstain, aye, aye nay.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:34:29 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2015, 08:42:14 pm »

1. Nay
2. Aye
3. Aye, but I'll be talking with the Centuria about the nature of that aid
4. Aye
5. Nay (apparently I can't read)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:51:12 pm by notquitethere »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2015, 08:44:15 pm »

1. Nay.
2. Aye.
3. Aye.
4. Aye.
5. Nay.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2015, 09:17:26 pm »

SENEX:  Allow me to clarify.  You cannot vote Aye to both motions 4 and 5.  If you vote Aye to one, you must vote Nay to the other.  They are mutually exclusive, given the limits of the Centuria's forces.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2015, 10:46:32 pm »

Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Nay

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2015, 01:22:40 am »

Nay, Aye, Aye, Aye, Nay.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27