Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18343 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »

MASTER:  "I don't think reimbursing Windborn necessarily requires a motion.  Chief?"

CHIEF:  "Mmm.  All right, I'll mandate that.  Pay out 1500 denarii from the treasury."

MASTER:  "I'll tack that onto the end of our demands from the Irlaxi, shall I?  And the Academy?"

JUDGE:  "As per Tower Procco's judgement, the city will fund the construction of the Academy.  Release the funds."

MASTER:  "Very well."

An aide moves up to the Senex Princeps. He listens for a moment, then stands up and strikes the floor again, twice this time.

SENEX: "All that had to be said has been said. The sun is past its midpoint. The voting begins now.  I shall adjust the proposals accordingly - if you vote Aye to measure 1, you must select a sub-proposal; A or B."

Young boys rush into the chamber, bringing quills and wax tablets for all Towers present.

The Afternoon Phase has begun.  You may vote on each of the topics, Aye or Nay.

1.  That Ragona shall accept the presented peace offer from Irlax.  [With an additional 1500d charge, as mandated by the Master.]

A.  As presented by the Irlaxi - Captured territories will remain ours, they will become an autonomous tributary as offer up 35% of their tax income.

B.  As a Vassal state - Captured territories will remain ours, their military will come under the command of the Centuria, foreign policy shall be dictated by the Tower Council, all trade must route through Ragona, they will adopt the Ragonan denar and they will additionally pay a tributary sum of 35% of their tax income.

2.  That Ragona shall guarantee the import of iron from Anterran state mines.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2015, 06:56:46 pm »

Aye 1B, aye.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2015, 06:58:50 pm »

Aye for B, and aye.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2015, 07:12:06 pm »

Aye 1B, abstain.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »

Aye. 1A, Nay.

((I have been swayed. SWAYED I SAY))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:14:52 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2015, 01:25:26 am »

Aye, 1B, Nay

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2015, 01:44:16 am »

Aye (1A), Abstain.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2015, 02:24:46 am »

Aye (1B)
Abstain

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2015, 02:34:49 am »

Aye
1B
Nay

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2015, 07:03:43 am »

Aye 1B, Aye.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2015, 10:53:49 pm »

The voting ends.  All Towers return their tablets to the boys, who present them to the Senex.

Results of Voting

Motion 1: 7 A, 38 B, 0 Nay

Motion 2: 13 Aye, 13 Nay, 19 Abstain

The Senex stands.

SENEX:  "The votes have been counted.  It is the will of this Council that Irlax's peace be accepted under the condition that it becomes a vassal state.  As the second motion tied, considering the large number of towers who abstained, I shall consider the motion not to have passed.  Ragona will not guarantee the iron imports from Anterra."

The Senex strikes his staff once, and the Towers disperse.

It is now the Night Phase.  You may now send your Actions to the GM via PM.  Once received they will be processed, actions resolved, pre-day messages sent and the new Day will begin.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2015, 07:25:26 am »

Three days before the Council takes session, the king of Irlax arrives before the full complement of Towers.  He walks, as nobly as he can manage, to the foot of the Senex's seat, and kneels before him.  The Senex removes his golden circlet and replaces it with a silver one.  The man rises again, Duke of Irlax.

Irlax is now a duchy beneath Ragona.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2015, 08:05:00 am »

Early Maius, 263R

Once again the Council have gathered in the spacious Hall of the Towers. The Senex Princeps, Chief of the Centuria, The Highest Judge and Master of the Coin are all here, along with 41 Towers.  The Senex Princeps begins to speak once everyone is seated on the low stone benches, which form a wide circle around the center of the hall.  The Senex and the three other Crowns, as they are called together, are seated at the northern side.

SENEX:  "Council members, welcome.  Today we have to discuss and decide on three topics.  First of all: There remains discontent and rebellion in occupied Sarlax, despite the forces now garrisoned there.  Stratos has proposed the city fund an extension of the city aqueduct to Sarlax to help smooth over the transition."

The Highest Judge stands.

JUDGE:  "The proposed extension will cost two thousand denarii, and can be adapted to the use of baths as well as water supplies.  This should placate the plebs in the area, and ease conditions enough for the local slaves that they may cease their attempted riots."

The Master stands.

MASTER:  "We have perfectly good troops, do we not?  An aqueduct extension will not only cost us now, it will cost us from now on in upkeep!  They have perfectly good wells, don't they?  We would be better served just killing a few hundred slaves with the centuria to make a point.  That should stop them rebelling."

Both men sit.

SENEX:  "Second: a Baron Umlak of Irlax has approached us with a proposition.  He wishes to be named Baron of Sarlax, and given responsibility for law and order in the city along with the right to raise a household guard to enforce it, some four maniples, which he will pay out of his own holdings.  He makes the case that as an Irlaxi himself, he is better placed to placate his people."

The Master and Judge stand again.

JUDGE:  "We have denied the Irlaxi the right to muster troops, why should we give it to this 'baron'?  We can hardly trust such a man in a position of power."

MASTER:  "This would take care of the rebellion issue.  If we supported his 'household guard' with a couple of maniples, it would free up our men for use elsewhere and mean we wouldn't have to waste money on an aqueduct extension."

JUDGE:  "This 'guard' he speaks of will be nothing more than thugs with clubs, you understand?"

MASTER:  "If they keep the peace, why should I care?"

JUDGE:  "In any case, I would strongly prefer a Ragonan governor to be appointed, which is the alternative.  One of the men from my office could take the job, or a Tower nominated by this council."

They both sit.

SENEX: "Finally, Anterra has asked us to intercede as an arbitrator between itself and Fentius.  The two states have long disputed a portion of land on the border between the two states, uninteresting save for a valuable cinnabar mine.  Fentius claims ancestral rights to the land, as it belonged to the state of Fentius before Anterra broke away.  Anterra disputes the claim, as the noble family who owned that land in the first place were executed during the revolution that led to Fentius being a republic - and wherein Anterra broke away under its line of princes.  Anterra has a blood connection to the original owning family, whilst Fentius claims ownership of the land to a more ancient time and eminent demesne in any case.  We are to determine who should receive ownership of the land and the mine therein.

SENEX:  "If any Towers wish to speak on these proposals, you may begin."

The Senex lifts the iron staff that is his symbol of office and strikes the marble floor thrice - Clang, Clang, Clang! - The time of discussion is now.

Morning Phase has begun.

Code: (Market Prices) [Select]
        Domestic Price    Market Price    Tarriffs    Shipping Rate
Grain   6.2               11.3            1           4.4
Tools   84                86              7           4.4
Goods   72.3              74              5.8         4.4
Luxur.  75                80              5           4.4
Iron    50                56.2            4.5         4.4
Raw Mt. 35                32.2            3           4.4

(International) Market prices include tarriffs and shipping fees.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2015, 08:48:22 am »

Tower Elbegast is first to the floor. "My honoured Towers, Sarlax is a Ragonan town now and as such it should have a Ragonan governor. One who may be trusted with matters of Ragonan justice. Since the end of the war, I have built strong ties in the town. Much of the Elbegast family holdings are now placed in Sarlax. Elect me as governor and I will personally ensure the town's peace and prosperity. My first act will be to co-fund the aqueduct: as with the previous aqueduct project, I will spearhead a philanthropic fund to benefit the city. If I am elected to the post, I can guarantee that the city will not have to pay more than one thousand denarii towards the aqueduct."

"As for the matter of Anterra and Fentius: from the facts as presented it appears that Anterra have the rightful claim. Fentius do not lay claim to all Anterran land, yet all Anterran land was once Fentish. The disputed land became Anterran when Anterra broke away as the family, in virtue of being nobility, became Anterran during the revolution. Unless any of my honoured Towers believes I have misinterpreted the facts of the matter?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:06 am »

"I support Tower Elbegast for the position. My men fought alongside him during the campaign, and they said "How great a leader, how fierce a soldier, how true a Ragonan!" This man is all of that and more. He can be trusted with such an important position."

"Tower Elbegast has already spoken on the Anterran matter, and I have nothing more to add except I will be voting for Anterra."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27