Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]  (Read 18335 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [Game Thread]
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »

"I would agree, that we must be cautious in dealing with this 'Sorceror'. He is clearly aware of our laws and stance on the matter, and has done his part to ensure that we are not forced to take action. Perhaps a...subtle investigation may be called for."

"As to the matter of the learned philosopher, I believe that while the war continues we must decline his offer. Temporarily. This will give us ample time to meet with him, assess his worth to Ragona, and ultimately determine his trustworthiness."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2015, 02:16:58 am »

"Suspicious magickery is one thing that we should avoid... As for the second issue: knowledge is something different! If we even tax the academy slightly, mere entrance fees by the wealthy and famous from near and far could give us a hefty tax revenue. We are city of crafts, why not become a city of well-sold wisdom too?" Rava rubs her triple chin.

"And family of Procco pledges to pay five hundred denarii, for the Academy, from our own purse if fellow Towers agree on the proposal."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2015, 03:13:05 am »

I do not think that either of these matters are concerns of the Council. An old fool outside the city gates? Another man wanting to peddle idle though rather than industry?

I say that the Council should ignore those both. If Towers want to fund the philosophers, let him have his school.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2015, 06:24:58 am »

Tower Elbegast strides in late, his red war cape still about his shoulders and his boots besplattered from a hard morning riding.

"My apologies honoured Towers, I have ridden straight from Sarlax at the newly secured border. I would like first to express my eternal thanks to Tower Windborn and his Shadow Stalkers. Rather than a suicidal assault on their main forces, I had led a feint towards the Irlax capital before turning around and capturing the border town of Sarlax. The Shadow Stalkers were essential in taking the gates but most were lost in the course of the battle. My next thanks goes to Tower Richards for joining the Centuria and I from the very start of the campaign. No more stalwart ally could this city ask for. Thanks must also go to Tower Carus and Tower Jayne for lending their full strength to the fight along with other friends in this council," here he gestures at two of the minor Towers. "Along with the noble men of the Centuria and the firm Lorenze fighters, we have secured the second victory in this campaign. Although we lost men in the battle, our foes lost three times as much before withdrawing.

"As for the matter of the Sorcerer and the Philosopher. Healing the sick is not against the laws of Ragona. If he is truly able to do so then it must be by the will of the gods. I see no matter of concern here. As for the philosopher, what is his philosophy? If his knowledge is true then a Ragonan born citizen could teach it, could they not? If it is just Eastern sophistry as I suppose, then the council should not support him."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2015, 06:44:36 am »

JUDGE:  "He professes to teach on three topics; Mathematics, the use of water in the movement of machines and the study of the spheres.  It is his intent to draw other tutors with the money provided."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2015, 07:00:34 am »

"Hmm, this changes things. As a sailing man, these are some matters of study I have considered myself. Ship building requires exact calculations, and navigation requires knowledge of the spheres. But he could, as the Master of Coin suggests, be a fraud. My counterproposal is this: we will allow him into the city under the hospitality of Tower Procco. We will allow her to fund the initial equipment he needs for 500d, enough to provide some working proof of at least one of the novel concepts he professes to be able to teach. Perhaps a machine that moves water. Should this prove to work beyond all reasonable doubt, then we will automatically grant him the rest of the funds without requiring a second vote. This is reasonable, is it not?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2015, 07:08:40 am »

((Ninja'ed by NQT. Was going to say the same thing.... Ugh, there goes my post.  :P ))

"I support Tower Elbegast. Let us grant this man permission to set up a school and let the Tower interested in learning provide the initial funding. In a fortnight, he can report to the Council to present his achievements, and we shall decide whether or not they deserve extra funding.

Not only will this arrangement protect us from a possible fraud, but if the war keep progressing at such a pace - of which I have little doubt, with commanders such as Tower Elbegast - we might be able to more easily spare the funds needed."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2015, 08:56:49 am »

I also support Tower Elbegasts proposal, it is simple and elegant. And thanks to Tower Procco for this initial down payment.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2015, 09:44:32 am »

I am in agreement and will offer and additional 500 under two conditions. The first being that those contributing to the start of the academy will receive a portion of entry fees and taxes in return. Secondly, we also consider this healing man. He shall be given the same task as the other. If he can, under the cold scrutiny of science, cure sickness, then I want him at our academy.

I am a man with a deep love of philosophy, but I am also deeply aware of the scarcity of our times. We are at war, and thus I can only put my funds towards things that may yield some funds in return. I wish to see the spread of science and philosophy, but cannot do so with no hope of a return.

As for the healing man, I say we give him the same challenge. If he can truly demonstrate his abilities, then he also has a place among us.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:56:26 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:00 am »

"I don't think it is up to the Council to negotiate the exact nature of the arrangements between this Stratos and his sponsor. Let the Senex Princeps add a motion that the Council will let this man establish its academy, but will wait a fortnight before deciding whether or not to provide funds. Tower Goldbloom can make its own arrangement with the man."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »

An aide moves up to the Senex Princeps. He listens for a moment, then stands up and strikes the floor again, twice this time.

SENEX: "All that had to be said has been said. The sun is past its midpoint. The voting begins now."

Young boys rush into the chamber, bringing quills and wax tablets for all Towers present.

The Afternoon Phase has begun.  You may vote on each of the topics, Aye or Nay.

1. That Ragona shall fund Stratos.

2. That Ragona shall fund Stratos, conditional upon Tower Procco's sponsorship and verdict of his worth.

3. That the sorcerer shall be driven out.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2015, 12:54:06 pm »

NAY, AYE, NAY.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2015, 12:56:42 pm »

Nay, Aye, Nay

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2015, 01:19:30 pm »

Nay, Aye, Nay.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2015, 01:46:49 pm »

Nay, Motion to be included in topic two along with Procco, nay.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27