Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pawns Reboot  (Read 4918 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns Reboot
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:00 am »

Given Corvric's hunting and wolfness and strength focus he sounds more like a god of the hunt or strength or combat to me then darkness, honestly, from reading his description.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun with Anath back in Ye Gods so I'd prefer not to switch him out for someone else.

If it comes down to it, I don't mind sharing, but Corvic's description really doesn't sound like a god of darkness. It's entirely focused on other things with the Darkness bits seeming tacked on.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:27:13 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 05:45:53 am »

Name: Shanita
Sphere: Beauty
Agenda: Shanita wishes to make the world beautiful, and also wishes to find the inner or outer beauty within others.
How you appear in dreams: She appears as a portly old lady, but then that is to show beauty is not what you always see at first glance.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 05:49:05 am »

Now we have the exact number of gods we had last time, which is, IIRC, 8.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 08:47:27 am »

As you've got six, can I go on the Replacement List?

Name: Fecundus
Sphere: Life
Agenda: Fecundus wishes to proliferate the greatest range of living creatures, and empowers its followers to prevent extinctions and create new forms of life.
How you appear in dreams: A writhing mass of vines that speaks with a splutter of spores and peers out with thousands of eyes of every shape, colour and size.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 10:17:39 am »

Well, I think I'm going to be straining myself here, but I'll go for the nine. It will just mean I'm a little slower on updates, but its totally doable. I'll throw together a stating situation, it won't be exactly how the last one started. The cosmology is all the same, but the geography/people will be different.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 11:36:23 am »

Name:Luceque Radiante (The Guiding Light)
Sphere:Order & War
Agenda: To bring the world out of its state of barbarism and darkness to cause it to ascend to something greater to bring order about and establish a great kingdom of mankind. To enable them to then spread the gift of order through any means necessary to the rest of the world.
How I appear in Dreams:

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

Year 1, First Hero Time

The Age of Ice had come to an end with a great upheaval of fire.  A distant mountain that had once borne life all around it through the endless cold erupted into a furious display of flame and death.  For fifty long years the skies were darkened by ash, only glimmerings of light piercing the cloud cover - barely enough for the world's plants to scrape a living.  Only in the last ten years have the skies begun to clear enough for one to truly see the stars again.

That was far far in the distance. The only indication these people had of such events was the Dark Cloud. A vast cloud of ash and dust crawled across the horizon and plunged the world into the Long Dark. Now the Dark Cloud is thinning and the age of New Light is upon the people of this land.

The continent that they live on has no set name, as the people on it know nothing of any other lands. Each tribe likely calls it something else, but It is simply their land. The gods shall call it Vertoil.

The land held seven tribes:

The Majang tribe lives on the southwest plains of Vertoil.

The Byjang tribe lives on the northern plains of Vertoil.

The Zyroon tribe lives among the lakes in central Vertoil.

The Rejail tribe lives along a river in southeast Vertoil.

The Jix live on the eastern segment of Vertoil.

The Krix live amongst the hills of north Vertoil.

The Nyrail live in the swamps of south Vertoil

The Magone are a small tribe of centaurs from a distant land.  :P (I really liked them so I'm going to make them NPC in this one) Too many gods for this.

As the Green Star shown down upon the world, many looked up at this new sight. But alas, the light was still dim here and none were filled with a deep sense of wonder. Each individual who bore the potential to hear your worlds had no faith or knowledge of any god.

"The world is young, and tools are still bone and stone.  How will you shape it?"

Pawns:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Potentials:

Gods

Waitlist: ((Nine is already a lot))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:30:42 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 01:24:28 pm »

This world calls out for life. The soil is rich. The seeds are primed. Now is the time of Fecundus.

Fecundus appears to Dingani in a dream. With the whispers of wind through leaves and the creak of boughs it speaks of the secrets of the aspect of Animation. With this magic he may create new forms of life from the very clay. Dingani is the chosen one that will bring new life to this world. Fecundus promises secrets and life ever-lasting should he spread its teachings: new life must be created, no family of animal nor plant must be allowed to disappear from this world. Follow this solemn duty and pray to Fecundus and it will answer.

In order to receive my strength one must create a unique plant or creature whilst speaking my name.

10 power
Make Dingani a pawn - 2
Teach Dingani Animation (sub-aspect of Life) - 5
Give Dingani 1 power - 1
Set condition for anyone receiving power in future: create a unique kind of animal or plant (by any means) and pray to Fecundus.

3 power left (to fuel Dingani's power use)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 02:08:03 pm »

The great game of gods is about to begin. All that Faranim needed is a worthy individual to bring a passion into the world. And he found one. Young woman from   Rejail Tribe named Ceilea. He visited her dream in his usual form of a fireball.

Ceilea you are chosen by me, god of fire. You are worthy to receive my gift. I hope you will like it in the. Others will ask what happened with you and you shall tell them about me. Tell them that I will offer other blessings to your tribe should you worship me by burning valuable crafts in my name. I will come one year later with more gifts for your tribe. The more you will sacrifice the larger my gift will be.

Also, I have a personal task for you to seduce and marry Nillam and try to turn him in my believer. Together you will lead your tribe to prosperity. Be wary of other gods as many of them wish no good to your people

Make Ceilea my pawn 5 power
Change Ceilea's appearance: Turn her hair bright red and make the young woman much more sexy then before. (2 power, hereditary boon)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:52:56 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »

PTW
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 05:04:39 pm »

Athux enters Nishaan's dreams, showing his own form over the image of an ever-shifting landscape. He explains his status as a god, and freely answers whatever questions the young man might have. While the god tries to keep as close to the truth as possible, he emphasizes how Nishaan will take an important role in whatever legends and adventures are told of the gods' comings. Athux concludes the dream by saying he wishes to assist Nishaan in changing the world, and will give him gifts appropriate for Nishaan's future endeavors.

Make Nishan my Pawn (5 power), and give him a boon which allows him to more easily influence the hearts and minds of others. (3 power)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 05:21:26 pm »

Hm? I feel a distinct sense of Deja Vu.. No matter.

I make Sarah my pawn and appear to her in a dream. I tell her that there are gods and although not all are bad there may be some yadda yadda yadda, basically my first turn in the last game; tell her to spread word of me among the tribe.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »

And so Anath awakens with the great darkness of a long night finally ending. A pity. But also an opportunity to act.

Looking upon the world, it seems the other gods have already stolen a march upon Anath. But even so, Anath will act.

Reaching out to the mortal known as Byril, Anath appears within his dreams, granting Byril the knowledge of Anath's godhood, his domain of the transcendent night. And furthermore, granting Byril... power. Shadowy power. For with the blessing of the true and great god of the night, Byril shall find himself concealed within the darkness, a hidden figure that none may bare the path of! And in return, all Byril has to do is worship Anath and spread word of his nature and existence.

Make Byril a Pawn - 5 Power
Grant Byril Darkvision - 2 Power
Grant Byril the power of Shadowmeld - 2 Power (IE, invisibility, or at least very good concealment, in the shadows of the night.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:17:58 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 06:12:11 pm »

And so Anath awakens with the great darkness of a long night finally ending. A pity. But also an opportunity to act.

Looking upon the world, it seems the other gods have already stolen a march upon Anath. But even so, Anath will act.

Reaching out to the mortal known as Nishaan, Anath appears within his dreams, granting Nishaan the knowledge of Anath's godhood, his domain of the transcendent night. And furthermore, granting Nishaan... power. Shadowy power. For with the blessing of the true and great god of the night, Nishaan shall find himself concealed within the darkness, a hidden figure that none may bare the path of! And in return, all Nishaan has to do is worship Anath and spread word of his nature and existence.

Make Nishaan a Pawn - 5 Power
Grant Nishaan Darkvision - 2 Power
Grant Nishaan the power of Shadowmeld - 2 Power (IE, invisibility, or at least very good concealment, in the shadows of the night.)

((If you didn't notice, I already made Nishaan my pawn. I know one person can be a pawn to multiple gods, but I figured I should make sure you know what you're doing and/or give you a chance to change your action before I decide to hold a grudge.

I would hate to come into conflict with anyone this early in the game, and would much rather make allies than opponents. However, trying to steal my pawns and worshippers is one thing that will definitely make you my enemy.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 07:43:36 pm »

Shanita awakens from her slumber, but she knows who she must enlighten.

She appears in Vega's dreams, telling her that if she cares so much about beauty, she will follow Shanita, and she will learn of the beauty within.

8 power: Make Vega my pawn, and tell her to spread word, among her tribe.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4