AMERICA FUCK YEAH (Megabots MK II)
- 15 (18.3%)
GLORIOUS NIPPON (Kuratas)
- 21 (25.6%)
GIANT ROBOTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- 46 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Megabots Inc Vs Suidobashi Heavy Industries Giant Robot Duel: ON OCTOBER 17TH  (Read 12572 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Ok, that was even more pathetic than a hydraulics failure. What the hell is with this "ranged weapon" idea? I smell marketers...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Oh my god that eagle head with sunglasses
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

OH SHIT CHAINSWORD
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

And in the end, it was pretty much a scripted ad. That actually goes under my already low expectations. Marketers are the devil.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Spoiler 4 real (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

that was really obviously scripted
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Yeah, projectiles don't make sense for this at all.  They'd only make sense if they're wanting to go for armor piercing to truly rip the opponent apart/possibly kill the pilots.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I really don't know what goes through the heads of marketer types. Actually just letting a Battlebots style competition happen would be way more interesting then the silly shit they come up with.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Maybe this will lead to a real thing in the future
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Transparently scripted, and an amateur job of it to boot.

Ok, that was even more pathetic than a hydraulics failure. What the hell is with this "ranged weapon" idea? I smell marketers...

Might actually have done something if they weren't literally just paintball guns.

My hope is that this'll inspire authentic giant robot bloodsport development. No reason the pilots have to ride inside, after all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

Well, that was a lot of work building giant robots for a disappointing and scripted fight. Who thought this was the right way to handle it?

My hope is that this'll inspire authentic giant robot bloodsport development. No reason the pilots have to ride inside, after all.
Does it count as blood sport if they're not riding inside...?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

It's not even worth pointing out it was scripted. What was the purpose of making it this way, did they really think anyone would be fooled for more than a couple of seconds? I'm more insulted by the implication that I was supposed to believe it, than disappointed in the fight they put together.

Though I do feel like watching some old Battlebots episodes now
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

probably the coolest thing I got out of this was that groups of people were willing to build a couple of mech-like robots.

this is what excites me the most. that this is a proto-type for something bigger and better.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I mean, there is a cause to throw paint or smoke grenades since the pilots are live, and the paintball cannonballs did take a panel or two off the Japanese robot. It just shouldn't be done like this if you're actually doing a Battlebots style thing.

Having watched a lot of Battlebots, I'm alright with there being some lack of dramatic action, because real damage to a robotic system isn't usually visible. But this is just fucking dumb. Some episodes of Battlebots were extremely tense back-and-forths which nobody would accuse of scripting.
No Gods, No Masters.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that's the future we're living in: we can have anything we want, no matter how impractical, as long as we let soulless marketing demons rip it apart and shit all over the shards.

I don't think there's ever going to be a big enough back end for "real" humanoid mecha fighting to make it more profitable than ads with giant metal props, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9