Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9430 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: The Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2015, 10:31:25 am »

Jack, Harriett, Lorelle, Nven, and Orrin embarked upon the Basement Quest. The house was on the north side of town on the far end of a quiet sleepy neighborhood. The woman who put in the job was sitting on a rocking chair on her front porch. "Hello dearies!" She called as you approached, "Have you come to clean out my basement?"

Harker and Khziix go into town to look for a carpenter shop. There are two in town, and both are open. Neither seems currently unattended.

Bellinda and Snodub set out to find the landfish. The go to the address listed at the designated time, which is a particular pack bench at noon. The little girl is sitting at the table when you arrive, her face lights up as you approach. "Youre here to find my fish aren't you? What nice people! Here is a picture of him to help you find him." She hands you a bunch of scribbles labeled land fish. "He looks a combination of catfish and salamander, but the size of a small dog. Please find him and bring him back to me.

Max is attempting to go on the third quest, but J already took flier so he doesn't know where to go.

J is sneakily following Bellinda and Snodub.

Orrin was told by the other basementeers that he couldn't come with them.

Vestrius just arrived at the guild hall where he ran into the returning guildmaster. The guildmaster didn't say anything, just sort of looked at him with his sad old eyes before going up to his room.

(Next time I will include the quest location on the request itself. It was supposedly there, I just didn't put it in the description because I'm dumb.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2015, 10:34:24 am »

"Indeed we are."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2015, 10:46:36 am »

((I think we're all the protagonist in our own personal stories.))

"Oh, I see." Orrin feels a bit rejected at first, but he resolves not to let that get him down. Instead, he decides he'll bake some cookies for everyone while they're out adventuring. That should make people like him.

((Also, I hope Spiderking isn't feeling overwhelmed by having to GM all these characters. I've been in that situation before and broke under the pressure, mostly because I didn't feel like I could talk to the players about it. Not that I think that's happening, but, if you have any problems now or in the future, feel free to discuss them with us so we can resolve them together. Especially since this is a pretty cool game you've created here, and I'm interested to see what happens with these characters.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2015, 11:11:56 am »

((Looks interesting I might write up a character))
No sig yet

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2015, 11:30:31 am »

Snodub says to Bellinda while walking away "So it's just somewhere in the city. We'll split up and look for the fish. I'll search [some section of the city, not really sure what as not much is really known yet, though it's not too necessary at this point] you get [other part of city]. Head back to the guild once you found it or finished searching." Snodub waits for Bellinda to respond before continuing (basically I'm saying I intend to say something else in a separate post and don't want you to walk away immediately.)
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2015, 11:40:07 am »

Vestrius shuffled into the guild Hall, his eyes roaming as he tried to take in everything at once.

'this is it'  he breathed, numbed by the very thought of it. 'I'm finally here.'

As intimidating as the guild's history was, it was barely the hive of activity he was told it would be when he was a younger man. Not even a nest. It was... more of a large burrow. So far the only person of note was a man polishing glasses behind the counter and that one elder he nearly walked into, who gave him a withering look before heading off somewhere upstairs. Other than him, the barkeep and the very impressive decor this place was pretty much... Empty. He couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment.

Enough about that, Vestrius thought to himself. Lets get me some quests!

With an added vitality to his step, he marched over to what he hoped was the guild board and read through the listings... only to have his excitement crushed when he realised there were no entry level jobs.

Well... Darn.

He turned and stared at the bartender, whom he was sure was pretending not to notice. He approached the counter, apprehensive.

"H-heyllo," he began, still uncomfortable in the environment. " There really no more jobs left?"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:42:01 am by BeruangSarkis »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2015, 11:43:51 am »

"Yes. Die! We are here to clean out your... basement. Die! Sorry about the Die!, it's just my homicidal reflexes. Die!"
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2015, 11:50:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If your still accepting people
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:56:59 am by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2015, 12:03:50 pm »

Picking the more isolated of the two shops, Lorelle walks brazenly in and calls "Hello?  Mister Carpenter, sir?  I need a little help."

If nobody answers, find a suitable bag or other container in the shop easy enough to carry (a toolbox would work) and start loading up tools, one of every type we might need.  Get axes for myself and the kobold.

If not, roleplay shall ensue...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2015, 12:53:52 pm »

Picking the more isolated of the two shops, Lorelle walks brazenly in and calls "Hello?  Mister Carpenter, sir?  I need a little help."

If nobody answers, find a suitable bag or other container in the shop easy enough to carry (a toolbox would work) and start loading up tools, one of every type we might need.  Get axes for myself and the kobold.

Kzhiix waits outside, not knowing anything about all this.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2015, 01:41:37 pm »

If you are still accepting characters.

Spoiler: Jake Richards (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2015, 06:17:23 pm »

"Yes, ma'am, we're here about the job." *shows flyer* "Now, if you could show us to the basement, we can get started."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2015, 06:20:32 pm »

Please have your character name somewhere on your post. I can't keep track of everyone and post often if I have to keep checking to see who is which character.

Vestrius shuffled into the guild Hall, his eyes roaming as he tried to take in everything at once.

'this is it'  he breathed, numbed by the very thought of it. 'I'm finally here.'

As intimidating as the guild's history was, it was barely the hive of activity he was told it would be when he was a younger man. Not even a nest. It was... more of a large burrow. So far the only person of note was a man polishing glasses behind the counter and that one elder he nearly walked into, who gave him a withering look before heading off somewhere upstairs. Other than him, the barkeep and the very impressive decor this place was pretty much... Empty. He couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment.

Enough about that, Vestrius thought to himself. Lets get me some quests!

With an added vitality to his step, he marched over to what he hoped was the guild board and read through the listings... only to have his excitement crushed when he realised there were no entry level jobs.

Well... Darn.

He turned and stared at the bartender, whom he was sure was pretending not to notice. He approached the counter, apprehensive.

"H-heyllo," he began, still uncomfortable in the environment. " There really no more jobs left?"

Nope. But I did hear a juicy piece of gossip, if you're interested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If your still accepting people

Accepted

A middle aged orc appears from deeper within the shop. He has woodshavings in his beard. He grunts upon seeing you and notices the kobold outside. Its obvious he is suspicious since the kobold is standing outside by the door.

If you are still accepting characters.

Spoiler: Jake Richards (click to show/hide)

Accepted.

"Yes, ma'am, we're here about the job." *shows flyer* "Now, if you could show us to the basement, we can get started."

The woman shows the basement group to the basement. You are in a square room and the walls are made of stone bricks. There is a passage to the left and a room to the right. Somehow this area seems as if it isn't a normal basement.

Bellinda and Snodub split up, one taking the north part of the city, the other taking the south. Map pending.

J is still following them.

Am I missing anyone? There are quite a few people...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:04 pm »

Harriett

"Split up for speed, or stay together for safety?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »

((Ah forget Maximilian, just not feeling it. ))
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12