Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9395 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:37 am »

Anyone got a better name for my class? I really don't like "Demon Master".

I don't really know, but something like Cultist, Summoner or Warlock could work.
Cultist would imply I worship them and I'd be able to do more than just summon. Warlock is definitely close to something. Demon Sorcerer, maybe?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 08:47:13 am »

((Demon Overlord, Demon Mastermind, Demon Pact-Fuzor...))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 09:40:25 am »

There is a woeful lack of tanks. Remedied.

Spoiler: Harriett Marigold (click to show/hide)

I... may have gone overboard on the backstory. Yeah.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:55:04 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 09:56:58 am »

((Demon Overlord, Demon Mastermind, Demon Pact-Fuzor...))
You've just provided the last piece of the puzzle with your 'Overlord' suggestion. Combining 'lord' with the Warlock's trait of being its own word has let me come up with a very nice class name: Netherlord. Or maybe it should be Nether Lord? Ugh, names are hard. This is why all my characters' names are references.

There is a woeful lack of tanks. Remedied.

Spoiler: Harriett Marigold (click to show/hide)
There might be some issues considering that paladin is the opposite of my class. It would be interesting trying to make it work.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 09:59:07 am »

She has reasons to be... not 'comfortable', but willing to work with, demons. In the bit of backstory that I sent to the GM. Also, her deity has no problem with demons. Mostly problems with necromancers and cowards.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 10:20:32 am »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 02:07:03 pm »

Anyone got a better name for my class? I really don't like "Demon Master".

I don't really know, but something like Cultist, Summoner or Warlock could work.
Cultist would imply I worship them and I'd be able to do more than just summon. Warlock is definitely close to something. Demon Sorcerer, maybe?
Alternatively, Demonologist is a classic, or, if you want to go all Greek, it could be something like Daimonurge or Daimonurgist (not sure if I constructed that right, but it should translate to "one who works with demons (in the same way a metalurgist works with metal)).

She has reasons to be... not 'comfortable', but willing to work with, demons. In the bit of backstory that I sent to the GM. Also, her deity has no problem with demons. Mostly problems with necromancers and cowards.
When I saw the part about you bringing back the head of a lich, I thought "that doesn't seem quite appropriate for a level one character," but this makes me think there's more that went down than what we know about. Regardless, I'm glad to see people submitted some "Good" (morally speaking) characters after mine, so I won't be the lone nice person in an Evil party.

And speaking of my character, he's not too silly, is he? I tried to make the Battlechef concept as sensible as possible for this game. Though, if the DM wants to let me have pot and pan-based armor, I certainly wouldn't mind.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 02:09:27 pm »

There is more to it. What I put in the backstory section is stuff she would be willing to say to a complete stranger.
Sigtext!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 05:30:11 pm »

So, how many players do we need to start?
Sigtext!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 05:59:41 pm »

I think this is enough.

Week 0

Narration  text will look like this:

The bar is empty. The guild is quiet. Nothing really happens around here but the occasional odd job. All players are currently living in the guild hall. Rent will be 350 Jah at the end of week 4.

OOC GM text will look like this:

Check back to this post for starting inventories and spells.

Guildmaster is out drinking. Again.

Bartender is upset because the guild master drinks at other bars.

No trainers.

There are three postings on the board.

Clean out my basement!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rebuild my shed.

Find my pet landfish  :'(

At this point you are free to RP, buy food and drinks, go to town, and take quests. Really anything you want to do.

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »

"Not many decent jobs, huh." Harriett says, standing in front of the job board.
Sigtext!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 06:06:23 pm »

Is it too late to join? I'm guessing not, but I want to ask anyway.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »

Alternatively, Demonologist is a classic, or, if you want to go all Greek, it could be something like Daimonurge or Daimonurgist (not sure if I constructed that right, but it should translate to "one who works with demons (in the same way a metalurgist works with metal)).
((Demonologist sounds made up but Daimonurge sounds right. Daimonurge it is.))

Regardless, I'm glad to see people submitted some "Good" (morally speaking) characters after mine, so I won't be the lone nice person in an Evil party.
((My guy specifically chose demon magic because there was nothing morally wrong with enslaving/killing/powering stuff with the tortured screams of demons, not because he's evil. Also because demon magic is wicked powerful.))

"The basement quest could be good. The guy might give out good loot by mistake." Jack takes the basement quest.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:32:27 pm by Andres »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 06:27:47 pm »

So does Harriett. "Maybe he had a uncle who had a magic sword or something."
Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

"Jack," he says, extending his hand out for a shake, "Nice to meet you."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:38:19 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12