Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9409 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 07:17:12 pm »

I trust in your confidence, I will follow you.

Follow Harker

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 07:37:21 pm »

Go to the basement quest giver.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »

Also go to the basement quest.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »

Bellinda, the stoic dwarf, walks stoically up to the Quest Board. She looks at the available jobs for a while, while everyone else is talking amongst themselves and, in general, deciding to go to the basement job. As a stoic dwarf Bellinda is not extraordinarily comfortable around other people and as a result she decides to go take the lost landfish job as she figures that she might as it offers a free meal.

Take the pet landfish job!

You appeared to have made a small mistake with Bellinda and Kzhiix's spells and inventory. Replace it with this:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Bellinda]
Inventory: Dwarven axe, light chest guar
Spells: Lesser heal- heals an ally (enough to stop bleeding, not enough to repair broken bones)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kzhiix]Inventory: leather clothes
Spells:Move rock- can magically move a rock with as much strength as he could by hand. This act is just as tiring as the old fashioned way.[/spoiler]

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 09:51:27 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While writing this I looked through the other characters and realized that there's a lot of really serious backstories already, but had already written this mostly serious one. I'm considering making the backstory far less serious, maybe make it so serious and tragic it becomes a parody.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 09:53:16 pm »

((Nah, it's fine I think.

...Maybe I shouldn't say that with a 6-paragraph and rather serious back story on my character sheet.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:27 pm »

Well assuming Spiderking is okay with it: Snodub watches all the people signing up to clean out a basement, and decides that crowds and splitting money with large groups isn't for her. Then not being very strong and having no knowledge of carpentry makes the second job out of the question as well.
Snodub signs up for the land fish retrieval.
Then looks around and asks "So who's this Bellinda person?"
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:44 pm »

((-EDIT- You forgot Harriett...))

He then turned at the paladin: Oh, the basement job doesn't look like it would be too dangerous, I guess that you could have it if you want...
"I'd like that, if it's no issue."

Added you in. Sorry about that, I missed the spoiler.

Also yes, I am content with Snodub.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:12:56 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 10:13:10 pm »

You also got two characters in the same spoiler from missing a bracket. Also when's the next update?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 10:17:54 pm »

((Is there more needed for class my description? Sorry it took so long for the backstory I was out of ideas.))
Also do we have to do quest or can we explore too?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:20:32 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2015, 10:23:42 pm »

Basement Job:
Jack
Harriett
Lorelle
Nven

Shed Job:
Harker
Khziix

Fish Job:
Bellinda
Snodub

Is this all correct? Does anyone want to change jobs? Also I think someone else posted asking if it was ok to join, the answer is yes. Also notice how none of you have weapons, this was done on purpose. At this point you shouldn't have/need weapons, and If you do, then you'll squire them shortly.

((Is there more needed for class my description? Sorry it took so long for the backstory I was out of ideas.))

Ill check in a second.

You also got two characters in the same spoiler from missing a bracket. Also when's the next update?

If they both saw their characters, I'll just fix it when I update next. I will start the quest after someone looks to make sure I got everyone in the right spots.

As a final note, I am using the darker color scheme for the forums. If you are using a darker text color please mkae it glow black so its easier to read. I have poor vision and an even poorer screen.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 10:28:39 pm »

A young man/woman hard to tell from behind wearing green colored clothing. Is looking up at the board "Of course the only combat job if for bloody rats..." Sighs clearly a man's voice, and one of disappointment as he gets the basement quest as well.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 10:29:14 pm »

It's okay to join?
Spoiler: well in that case (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2015, 10:35:21 pm »

As a final note, I am using the darker color scheme for the forums. If you are using a darker text color please mkae it glow black so its easier to read. I have poor vision and an even poorer screen.
Oh my gosh you can change the forum theme to be like the Dwarf Fortress boards even when you're not in them this is amazing.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2015, 11:18:42 pm »

It's okay to join?
Spoiler: well in that case (click to show/hide)

Accepted, pick a quest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12