Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9365 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2015, 08:08:23 pm »

"Not if my mother asks you. But yes, myself and my friend here are adventurers," Orrin says, gesturing at himself and Vestrius.
"You two heading out to go find that magic book? I ain't a magician, but it might be useful." Jake holds out his hand to Orrin. "I'm Jake. Nice to meet ya."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2015, 08:29:55 pm »

"You two heading out to go find that magic book? I ain't a magician, but it might be useful."[/b] Jake holds out his hand to Orrin. "I'm Jake. Nice to meet ya."

Vestrius

"My name is Vestrius. Pleased to meet you, Ser."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:22 pm »

Orrin grabs Jake's hand with both of his own and gives it a vigorous shake. "Orrin Swiftfoot. Pleasure to meet you."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2015, 10:43:56 pm »

Jake firmly shakes both of the halfling's hands, releasing him after a few moments, and then offers his hand to Ventrius. "I ain't a sir, Vestrius. I don't suppose you'd mind if I helped find that book?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:49 am »

Jake firmly shakes both of the halfling's hands, releasing him after a few moments, and then offers his hand to Ventrius. "I ain't a sir, Vestrius. I don't suppose you'd mind if I helped find that book?"

Vestrius

"No, not at all se-- eh, Jake..."

Taking Jake's hand in a firm grip, Vestrius blinked as he finally gave Jake a closer appraisal.

"Oh. You are quite young. Are you new to this adventuring business as well?"

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2015, 10:25:57 am »

Jake nods, giving Vestrius another firm handshake, before speaking. "Yeah. Turned sixteen a few weeks back, and I wanted to see the outside world. My ma figured adventuring's good work, so she let me go."

Jake looks around the room again, taking in the many sights, sounds, and rather terrible smells, before speaking. "This's a giant city. Biggest I've ever seen. Surprised I even got here without getting lost."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2015, 11:27:15 am »

Orrin looks up at Jake. "You're sixteen? Wow, we're the same age! Though most people probably wouldn't have guessed that comparing us side-by-side," he laughs.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2015, 01:20:35 pm »

Jake chuckles. "I guess not. Anyway, would the two of you mind if I came with you?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2015, 05:03:05 pm »

Orrin

"I have no objections myself, though we still need to figure out where exactly it is we're going."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2015, 07:11:01 pm »

Update?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2015, 07:13:19 pm »

J

J mentally sighed. This is the entire reason goblins are portrayed as dumb creatures. He steps away from the goblin and points to the part of the paper that states 'free lunch'. He then rubs his stomach area while nodding up and down.
Snodub
"Well then, what's this?" Snodub reads the paper. "Hmm, so you've been to the guild then? Ah I see, you saw the job listing with the least people and took it." Snodub's tone changes to a significantly less hostile one. "Well I guess we can stop intimidating you. Belinda and I have already got a plan to search the whole city, and I don't really think you're necessary for it." (I expect gamedragon might want to say something before we have a whole conversation involving Bellinda without him)

"Wait up lass, we can change plans, the more searchers there are the faster we find this pet. If he takes the north you and I can both take the south."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2015, 07:20:11 pm »

((I have been away from the internet all day and will need some time to read through all the new posts. Should update tonight, but might need to start offering one quest at a time since it makes it very hard to GM three quests happening simultaneously on the same thread))
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2015, 07:48:51 pm »

J

J mentally sighed. This is the entire reason goblins are portrayed as dumb creatures. He steps away from the goblin and points to the part of the paper that states 'free lunch'. He then rubs his stomach area while nodding up and down.
Snodub
"Well then, what's this?" Snodub reads the paper. "Hmm, so you've been to the guild then? Ah I see, you saw the job listing with the least people and took it." Snodub's tone changes to a significantly less hostile one. "Well I guess we can stop intimidating you. Belinda and I have already got a plan to search the whole city, and I don't really think you're necessary for it." (I expect gamedragon might want to say something before we have a whole conversation involving Bellinda without him)

"Wait up lass, we can change plans, the more searchers there are the faster we find this pet. If he takes the north you and I can both take the south."
Snodub
Snodub thinks about what exactly the results of the plan would be for a few seconds, and says"Alright then, I'll take the southwest specifically. Same idea as before I'm guessing this jester weirdo already heard it." Snodub then leaves to go search (assuming nobody wants to interrupt at some point in this).
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2015, 07:55:47 pm »

J

J was surprised. These guys actually caught, in their exact words, "Some jester weirdo" and what do they do? Offer him their job searching the city, where he could potentially hide the fact he found who they were looking for and take the reward all to himself. Well, you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth or something along those lines; he gives them the thumbs up and hastily heads north.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2015, 10:41:31 pm »

J

J was surprised. These guys actually caught, in their exact words, "Some jester weirdo" and what do they do? Offer him their job searching the city, where he could potentially hide the fact he found who they were looking for and take the reward all to himself. Well, you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth or something along those lines; he gives them the thumbs up and hastily heads north.
Snodub
Snodub thought about how well that went as she walked. Not only did she not need to beat up a masked jester weirdo, she also had gotten them to do half of the job. While she would need to split up the reward slightly more, she had suspected that the way the guild sign up worked might enforce reward split ups anyway, even if one of the members wasn't allowed to work by the others. It wasn't much of a reward anyway. What was she going on this mission for? It felt kind of like she was just doing it because she just was ignoring any other kind of career she could be taking that would probably be safer and pay better. She then decided to stop thinking about things in such a complicated way because it was stupid and she should be finding that fish.
((It was difficult writing that, because I had something i wanted to say but the only way i could imagine it being said seemed like it would be caring about things a bit too much and be out of character, but then this is also like a narration of a thinking process or something so maybe it doesn't matter if it's not something they'd say? I don't know, this whole thing was a joke anyway, but then another layer of joke had to get added in to end it and now I'm confusing myself I'm just going to post this))
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12