Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9363 times)

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
Re: The Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2015, 10:40:50 am »

@Everyone in the guildhall. The bartender waves Jake over.

Gather round, gather round, let me tell you a tale. Over in the northern vale, behind the Woodwind Dale, lived a man by the name of Kent. Kent was a good man and always paid his rent. He toiled and worked, and paid his dues, but in the game of luck, someone has to lose. The lights dim dramatically. " Three murders came, but none wanted the same. One wanted blood, one wanted money, and the other wanted secrets. They murdered Kent, and away they went, fled into the night. But as time passed, none of them felt alright. The first felt a great and powerful thirst like none that had ever been felt. Blood was his need and forever he must feed. That was the price of his dirty deed. Slain at the hands of the holy, his forever did not last, but only a year. The second felt greed, and by did he need. More and more money this man desired, but in the end, he died in a fire. His soul still burns, they say, hour by hour and day by day. That's the price that he must pay. The last man was quiet. He had what he wanted and lived simply. In fact, he lived in this very city. He had a great many secrets, a number will never be revealed. However, there is one that you may steal. Hidden away in a secret cave lies the grave of this mysterious man. Inside said grave you shall find no bones, but instead a secret unknown. The secret, I'm told, is a spell that's quite old, that mystery took to his grave. If one were to find that old spellbook and could stomach a look, a new spell would be theirs for the taking. The lights return to normal. At least that's what the story says. Why don't you all go look for that spellbook and learn something? May as well, theres no jobs and you all don't look like you have much else you're capable of. 

The bar tender looks at you incredulously, If I knew where to look for a tome of magical knowledge, do you think I'd still be here mixing drinks?
"Good point"
Fang decides to ask around town

Vestrius

Vestrius watched as Fang turned a corner out of the guild hall, and breathed a sigh of relief.

Stars above, he thought, I was sure I was going to be eaten on my first day.

He stared up at the ceiling, trying to process the deluge of poetry thrown at him ealier. This Kent person sounds like a mighty unlucky fellow. Where would he start looking, though? Vestrius was still immersed in thought when he turned around, and realised a fellow he hadn't seen before standing behind him. A halfling... with a chef's hat? And an apron? Was this the guild's chef?

"Hello," Vestrius began, walking towards the halfling."I wasn't aware the adventurer's guild had their own chef. Do you know anything about a man named Kent?"

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2015, 10:54:23 am »

J

J had heard. J was panicking. J conceded that he was also lacking in foresight. J looked for anything, anything that could let him hide.. nothing. it seems he was caught. Might as well concede to that fact. J stood up to his full height, took a step back, and raised his arms in a peaceful gesture, waiting for them to look. Gonna have to pay for food another way, he supposed.
Snodub
Snodub turns around and is slightly surprised to see J just standing there, but still threatens him with "Huh, given up have you? Well you better tell us what you were following us for, or my friend with the axe here might need to crack your skull."
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2015, 10:57:28 am »

J

J hardly moves, only tiny iotas of body movement escape him, yet he still seems annoyed that they're prolonging this little scene. He simply reaches for his pocket and takes out the job paper, before tapping it with his thumb once.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:41 am »

"Oh, it's not the guild, just the tavern. And my mom's the actual official chef; I just help her out sometimes. She's the one that made me this apron and hat." Orrin points to his chef's toque and the apron with the words "Mommy's Little Cook" on it. "Oh, I'm Orrin, by the way. Orrin Swiftfoot. Pleased to meet your acquaintance. And, no, I don't know anything about anyone named Kent."

After introductions are done, Orrin approaches the bartender. "Excuse me. I know you said you don't know anything about where the tome is, but you must remember where you heard the story, right? Who told you about it?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BeruangSarkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art Tumblr
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2015, 11:11:28 am »

"Oh, it's not the guild, just the tavern. And my mom's the actual official chef; I just help her out sometimes. She's the one that made me this apron and hat." Orrin points to his chef's toque and the apron with the words "Mommy's Little Cook" on it. "Oh, I'm Orrin, by the way. Orrin Swiftfoot. Pleased to meet your acquaintance. And, no, I don't know anything about anyone named Kent."

After introductions are done, Orrin approaches the bartender. "Excuse me. I know you said you don't know anything about where the tome is, but you must remember where you heard the story, right? Who told you about it?"

Vestrius

"Ah- I'm actually curious about that as well."

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2015, 11:40:14 am »

J

J hardly moves, only tiny iotas of body movement escape him, yet he still seems annoyed that they're prolonging this little scene. He simply reaches for his pocket and takes out the job paper, before tapping it with his thumb once.
Snodub
Snodub, still angry says  "What is that? Why can't you just say something?" She then begins to walk over, motioning for Bellinda to follow. When she reaches J (assuming of course there's no significant actions he wants to take before I reach him in which case ignore this) she says "Give me that." still in a quite angry voice, and attempts to swipe the paper out of J's hand.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2015, 11:46:50 am »

Jake

Jake notices a short man nearby walk off, and start talking to an extremely short man. Seeing little else in the tavern of note, he walks over to the two, taking in the apron and chef's hat. He stops, looking down on the two, and speaks in a country drawl.

"Hullo. You adventurers too?"

((Could I see what my inv, etc. is?))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2015, 11:50:57 am »

((Could I see what my inv, etc. is?))
I'd like this as well.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2015, 11:59:34 am »

This has become too cluttered, I'm afraid I'm dropping out. My apologies, but I hope that it at least makes this easier to GM and play

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2015, 04:06:53 pm »

Nven Nevermore
"Rats must die! Die! Did that fellow say something? Die! Should... we go back to him? Die! Of course we should. Die!"
Follow Harriet. Focus my arcane energies.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2015, 05:16:51 pm »

"Hullo. You adventurers too?"
"Not if my mother asks you. But yes, myself and my friend here are adventurers," Orrin says, gesturing at himself and Vestrius.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2015, 05:24:38 pm »

J

J mentally sighed. This is the entire reason goblins are portrayed as dumb creatures. He steps away from the goblin and points to the part of the paper that states 'free lunch'. He then rubs his stomach area while nodding up and down.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »

J

J mentally sighed. This is the entire reason goblins are portrayed as dumb creatures. He steps away from the goblin and points to the part of the paper that states 'free lunch'. He then rubs his stomach area while nodding up and down.
Snodub
"Well then, what's this?" Snodub reads the paper. "Hmm, so you've been to the guild then? Ah I see, you saw the job listing with the least people and took it." Snodub's tone changes to a significantly less hostile one. "Well I guess we can stop intimidating you. Belinda and I have already got a plan to search the whole city, and I don't really think you're necessary for it." (I expect gamedragon might want to say something before we have a whole conversation involving Bellinda without him)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »

((Interested to join.))
Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
((Is this good?))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2015, 07:30:25 pm »

Lorelle Harker

Lorelle smiles winsomely at the orcish carpenter.  "Hello, Mr Carpenter sir.  My name is Bess.  I was wondering if you could help me?  I'm looking for tools, the more comprehensive set I can find the better."

During conversation, attempt to get into a position where I have a mechanical advantage in eventually reaping the orc to the ground and pinning him.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12