Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9367 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
The Adventurer's Guild
« on: July 05, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

Welcome to the Adventurers Guild! The guild was once a grand, well known, and influential force within the city. It was the height of power, elegance, and knowledge for the entire city. But that was the past. As the years have gone by the guild has lost reputation, and most of its money. It is now little more than a tavern frequented by the retired adventurers of the golden days. However, jobs still roll in occasionally and a fresh batch of young adventurers may be able to breath life back into the Guild.

The game that follows will be a semi-free form RPG where players will be encouraged to RP with each other as well as play in the actual quests of the game.

The game:
You will play as a young and completely inexperienced adventurer. You will start as the equivalent of a level 1 player in a MMORPG, which is to say, you're quite weak. However, as time goes on you will gain better equipment and more power. The way that you do this is by taking quests that are posted on the quest board. Quests may be taken solo or in groups and often have various rewards.

You the player:
You will start off as a novice adventurer of some sort. Whichever path you wish to take; archer, wizards, rouge, warrior, druid, whatever, is all possible. However, you will start off at the beginning of whatever class you decide you'd like to be. You can take quests and RP with other adventurers and NPCs in the guild tavern. You'll start as a level one (the lowest level) and rank ten (lowest rank) novice adventurer, after that you can do pretty much anything.

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Important NPCs:
Guild Master: No one calls him by his real name, in fact, you don't even know what it is. He is a quiet old man who is a deep well of knowlege and advice. He hardly ever approaches anyone and mostly stay secluded in his room. When he was younger he was a second rank adventurer and quite renown.

Bar tender: The bar tender knows the rumor mill like he knows how to make a fine drink. Ok, so his drinks are actually awful, but his information is still decent. He knows rumors around town, but has no confirmation on any of it. Take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Trainers: Occasional trainers wander into the guild to see if there is anyone in need of their services. Warrior and wizard trainers are the most common, but more unorthodox individuals come around occasionally. In exchange for some coin, these people will teach you new abilities.

The Quest Board: While not an actual person, this board will list the available quests that adventurers can take. The more quests people do, the more likely more quests are to appear. Failure to complete quests mean that less quests will become available.

The Priest: Priests are important because they tie individual's souls to the cathedral. If you die with your soul tied you will be resurrected at the cathedral. They can also remove curses, some poisons, and other unholy afflictions. They also have knowledge of many things on the holy/unholy spectrum.

Shopkeeper:They are the person who buys and sells equipment. They may haggle with you or provide side quests if they need something specific.
Sorry for all the colors.

A little lore: This world is high fantasy. That means that is is a complete fantasy world and not like ours at all. It has all the general races that you'd see in any fantasy setting, and is perfectly capable of housing ones that either you (the players) or I think of. The world is wild and varied, as are its people and creatures. Players may have to do some asking around to get good information on areas they are going for quests.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:25:23 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:09:33 pm »

Name:  Lorelle Harker
Sex and Gender:  Female Human
Physical Description:  Dark red hair, green eyes, pale skin.  Built like a cat; slender muscles better at explosive feats of strength and agility than prolonged physical duress.  Typically wears a long brown coat, black gloves and boots where armour permits.
Personality Description:  Witty, sometimes scathing.  Loyal to a fault but little to no empathy.  Zero regard for the lives or rights of strangers.  Neutral Evil.
Class:  Fighter (With a focus on intelligence, leadership and agility over strength and toughness.)
Backstory:  One of the dozens of illegitimate children of Earl Harker of Portcross, Lorelle grew up without prospects, recognition or a father.  Ignored by her father (whom she never met), frequently beaten by her mother, Lorelle was brought up by a mixture of neglect and abuse, leading her to the belief that the world was cruel and harsh, and that only if she was strong enough could she survive - the weak deserved to drown in despair as her mother had.  Her mother killed herself through drink when Lorelle was ten, and by then she had already taken to thievery in the streets of Portcross.  Over the next few years she developed a close circle of friends amongst other orphans and street dregs, graduating from theft to extortion and even supporting some of the bigger gangs in smuggling endeavours.

At 14 she became the right-hand girl of Kethan, a crime lord in Portcross and coincidentally another of Harker's bastards.  She intimidated, beat and eventually killed those who crossed him, all the while being bound to him in a twisted father-daughter/brother-sister/lover-lover relationship.  At a time when other girls of her age and background were taking to the streets as whores, Lorelle felt she had the better deal - money, power, a protector.  She was Kethan's hound, as his men called her, and if not happy she was satisfied.

This lasted two long years, up until her old gang began causing trouble for Kethan.  One day she was given a task to deliver a shipment to a warehouse out of town, only to find an ambush waiting for her - she barely escaped with her life, killing one of Kethan's men in the process.  Lorelle quickly found out that her entire former circle of confederates had been murdered and skipped town.  She cut her hair, dyed it with root sap and joined the army, pretending to be an under age boy instead of a girl.  Three months in she stole what equipment she needed and deserted.  Now, her hair grown longer and a woman again, she is seeking what opportunities she can at the Adventurer's Guild.

One day though, she will kill Kethan.  And Earl Harker.  And any other of her siblings she ever meets.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »

((This is an RPG, right? Not a suggestion game?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:00 pm »

((This is an RPG, right? Not a suggestion game?))
Straight from the horse's mouth:
The game that follows will be a semi-free form RPG where players will be encouraged to RP with each other as well as play in the actual quests of the game.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:48 pm »

((...I'm stupid. Sheet tomorrow))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:39:36 pm »

((Lol twin...))
Reserve for character sheet.
Spoiler: Maximilian (click to show/hide)
Still adding more
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:10:15 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 09:40:13 pm »

Reserve maybe.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:05:42 pm »

"My name is Nven Nevermore. Die!"

"Eh... sorry about that. Die! It's just my barely suppressed homicidal urges. Die! I am currently 28 years old. Die!"

"I am male! Die! Can't you see that? Die!"

"Tall, spindly, pale skin, streaks of purple in my hair(mostly black). Die! Do you really need to know what I LOOK like? Die!"

"Like I said earlier- barely suppressed homicidal urges. Die! I will backstab you if it gets me closer to my goal. Die! I will lie. Die! I will cheat. Die! All for my grandfather's death! Die!"

"I am a Vengermage. Die! Trained by my uncle, before my grandfather killed him... Die! Accursed grandfather of mine! Die! My anger is my source of arcane power! Die! The anger floweth and the streams of magic follow! Die! Expecting me to cast, say, a healing spell, or summon food, or repair your saddle, is just asking for me to kill you! Die! My magic manifests in a wide variety of destructive forms, the flames, the lightnings, the chills, the fears, the dooms, the minions, the roots, the poisons, the pains, the dooms, the deaths, the winds, the cuts, the deaths, the dooms, the necessary assortment of destructive conjurings and detonations to bring about the deaths of my foes! Die!"

"So yes. Die! My grandfather, Null Nevermore, a mage with near-godlike power and technologies beyond your wildest dreams, killed my uncle for eating his burrito. Die! When I attacked him, he banished me to this paltry universe. Die! Now I will kill and slay, and bring doom to my foes, and do whatever is necessary to get back to him and kill myself against him, for my honor as a Nevermore! Die!"
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 10:08:45 pm »

Name: Orrin Swiftfoot
Sex and Gender: Male Halfling
Physical Description: Chestnut hair, hazel eyes. Chubby, but not yet fat. Wears a normal tunic and pants, often with a chef's toque and matching apron that says, "Mommy's Little Cook", both made by his mother.
Personality Description: Optimistic and cheerful, perhaps to the point of foolhardiness. Not the smartest, but always willing to help a friend or comrade.
Class: Battlechef (A fighter who honed his skill through butchery and cooking. Can use exotic ingredients to cook quasi-magical meals)
Backstory: The son of Wilimar Swiftfoot, a halfling rogue who was a member of the guild, and Cori Swiftfoot (née Rumblebelly), a cook at the tavern where the guild now meets. His father was lost on a quest when he was quite young, and his mother has since tried her best to discourage her son from ever becoming an adventurer. On the outside, Orrin keeps a facade of respecting her wishes, but, truly, he longs for adventure, the opportunity to make exotic dishes from strange plants and monsters, and, most of all, a chance to find his father, whom he believes is still out there alive, somehow.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:22:45 pm »

Hehehe, everybody's putting their race in the sex and gender part of the character sheet. Just makes me think about sexually identifying as an attack helicopter.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 11:03:55 pm »

"So yes. Die! My grandfather, Null Nevermore, a mage with near-godlike power and technologies beyond your wildest dreams, killed my uncle for eating his burrito. Die! When I attacked him, he banished me to this paltry universe. Die! Now I will kill and slay, and bring doom to my foes, and do whatever is necessary to get back to him and kill myself against him, for my honor as a Nevermore! Die!"
"What was your uncle thinking? You don't eat another man's burrito. That's just... unthinkable!"

((Also, this kind of Venger?))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 11:06:39 pm »

How in-depth does the useless stuff (physical description, backstory, etc.) have to be?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 11:51:49 pm »

How in-depth does the useless stuff (physical description, backstory, etc.) have to be?

As in-depth as you want. There is an RP element to this, but you're backstory could even be a single word if it gets the point across. The class itself matters more though.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 03:16:02 am »

Name: Jack Rykas
Sex and Gender: Male
Race: Human
Physical Description: Average
Personality Description: Loves power but won't take shortcuts to get it. Everyone who's gained power that way has lost it, after all.
Class: Daimonurge. Anything to do with demons or demonic energy, the Daimonurge can do it. Summoning, binding, cursing, enchanting, sealing, etc. are all within its power. Demon magic works like normal magic though it tends to be more powerful. The downside is that there are certain risks involved (possession, loose demons, etc.) not found in most magical paths unless proper precautions are taken. (Sacrifices, rituals, etc.)
Backstory: Had a decent life. Joined the adventurer's guild for fortune and power. Picked up Daimonurgy because it looked fun to practice and there was nothing morally wrong with exploiting demons.

Anyone got a better name for my class? I really don't like "Demon Master".
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:24:58 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 04:10:53 am »

Name: Bellinda Stoneaxe
Sex and Gender: Female (Probably, it's hard to tell with dwarves.)
Race: Dwarf
Physical Description: Small and burly with muscles the size of small trees Bellinda Stoneaxe is you typical dwarf.
Personality Description: Gruff and unyielding Bellinda of the clan Stoneaxe has always been quite the stereotypical dwarf.
Class: Battle Medic, trained in the art of both warfare and healing Battle Medics see that saving lives is as important a skill as splitting skulls.

Anyone got a better name for my class? I really don't like "Demon Master".

I don't really know, but something like Cultist, Summoner or Warlock could work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12