Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [OOC]  (Read 15889 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2015, 04:48:11 am »

No change to Afternoon for several hours - I have work and got a good night's sleep for once.  Likely update GMT late evening.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2015, 06:01:05 am »

Well, to me it seems we have some kind of "boss pirate". We probably need to send agents to find out who he is by tracking the stolen goods. Then we need to crush him.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2015, 12:29:23 pm »

What kind of prosecutors threaten to jail the defense counsel for trying to defend its client?
A damned effective prosecutor, that's who. He's a maverick but he gets results!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

What kind of prosecutors threaten to jail the defense counsel for trying to defend its client?
A damned effective prosecutor, that's who. He's a maverick but he gets results!

A jailer is as much a prosecutor as an executioner is a milkman. If he charges Sheb or I officially, what happens then? Must Sheb give the defense from a jail cell and I give testimony of my neighbors death in shackles? Really though, what is his actual power as prosecutor?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2015, 12:36:04 pm »

As far as I know, he has only been appointed for the prosecution for this one crime: his job is to look up evidence and present the case for guilt. I don't think he has the power to research other cases, or even to arrest people.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2015, 12:41:53 pm »

Yes, it was clear that the appointment of both defense and prosecutor were for only the Stonetree case. I also believe that neither side has the ability to make arrests without the consent of a higher authority like the Centuria or High Judge.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2015, 12:55:01 pm »

Thats why he demands your arrest and does not order it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2015, 12:56:09 pm »

Although with no Judges at the moment, no one has the power to arrest a Tower. :p

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2015, 01:02:22 pm »

Well theres the Senex and the Chief of the Centuria with a manipel of guards standing around...so theres that.

Anyway, i have a question for Iituem. Is there a way for a house to completely be destroyed? What is the handling if/when somebody gets declared guilty of treason/murder and then executed? I mean that guy will have quite the grudge and be a bit poorer but what prevents himf rom just carrying on with murdering his way through the towers?

What is to be done with Traitors? Will they be banned from the city? The Tower Council?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2015, 01:07:35 pm »

Well, the guy is dead. IC, it's another guy taking up the title, so why should that other guy suffer from his predecessor's actions?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 02, 2015, 01:15:02 pm »

Yeah, but you can't help but get some meta in. If AgentMcFancyPants makes you out as a traitor and causes you to lose half yer holdings then you obviously want to get back at him dont you? Conversely AgentMcFancyPants doesn't trust any of your overtures ever anymore because he just fears that betrayal.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 02, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »

Well, I guess sending troops in to massacre a Tower's family and seize its holding would do the job.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 02, 2015, 03:18:35 pm »

Question for Iituem: what is the exact procedure for the untimely death or disenfranchisement of a Crown? It was my understanding that another was elected to replace them immediately.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 02, 2015, 03:22:16 pm »

From the Rules:

Additionally, if one of the Crown seats is vacated ahead of time by retirement or death, the Senex Princeps may call an emergency vote on a new member.  Alternately he can hold the post an absentia and manage that Crown seat himself, although this may be unpopular to do so for a long time.  If the Senex Crown seat is suddenly vacated, an emergency vote will be held to replace him.  During an emergency vote to replace a Crown seat, none of the incumbent Crowns may run (they may run for any seat as usual during annual replacement).

So it's up to the Senex.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 02, 2015, 07:22:05 pm »

Well theres the Senex and the Chief of the Centuria with a manipel of guards standing around...so theres that.

Anyway, i have a question for Iituem. Is there a way for a house to completely be destroyed? What is the handling if/when somebody gets declared guilty of treason/murder and then executed? I mean that guy will have quite the grudge and be a bit poorer but what prevents himf rom just carrying on with murdering his way through the towers?

What is to be done with Traitors? Will they be banned from the city? The Tower Council?

If you are killed, and your House itself has not been disenfranchised, you (the player) take up the mantle of your heir, losing some possessions to 'inheritance'.  Suspicion of other parties remaining between Houses is actually legit - proof was never really needed for centuries of bloody feuds - only suspicion.  Throughout this game, Towers have successfully masked their actions under the auspices of other Towers.

Towers in gaol cannot vote, but can send representatives to observe the Tower Council and speak on their behalf (to a limited extent).

The worst punishment you can receive, however, is banishment.  This is indeed typically for treason, rather than mere murder.  Your Tower may or may not be killed, but your status as a noble house is over.  You are banished from the city and from owning property in Ragona.  If that happens you are technically 'in' the game, but you cannot act in the main thread - you are banished from the Council and city itself.  You can only act in the Night phase and through PMs to remaining Towers, a foreigner and exile until you can redeem your House in some way and be reinstated into the Tower Council.  You lose any and all property (except ships), although your steward will usually embezzle as much as they can out of your holdings (rarely more than half their purchasing price) and you will flee with any units, agents or ships you have in your possession.  If you have friends in another nation, you might get asylum there and be able to re-establish yourself, otherwise you will effectively become a bandit.

Re: Crown death/disenfranchisement, Sheb has it right.  The Senex may hold the post of a Crown in absentia, although not on a permanent basis.  The implication of the emergency powers issue he raised is that he would surrender the post to a newly voted Crown at the end of the 8 weeks of the act.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29