Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [OOC]  (Read 15900 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2015, 10:02:12 am »

I've lost track of how many players we have playing and whos on hold/waitlist. Anyone know who still has to vote?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »

Everyone has now voted except Silcugar, who I guess is on the waitlist until Iituem says otherwise.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2015, 07:06:40 pm »

Name: Hetrusca
Family Name: Haruspex
Family Trait(s): Popular
Affiliation: The Cult of the Black Sun
Primary Holdings: Farms

(Also, if I could get more details about the cult and the current religion of the city, it would be much appreciated. All I really need is symbols/icons and some important figures, edicts, and/or tenets of the religions. The rest I can extrapolate, if that's alright.)

There is no waitlist - once I say you are in, you are in.  Incidentally, the Haruspex are in.  You have about half an hour before I compile votes, but it isn't necessary for you to have to vote on this one - you will come in on time for the Night phase.  I will PM your details shortly.

The current religions of Ragona are the 'Temple Gods' and the 'Folk Gods', both of which are quite numerous (the folk gods rather more so).  They are the ancestral religions of Ragona and consist of a hodge-podge of syncretised polytheistic faiths - the Temple Gods have temples to them within the city walls, each with their own priests and congregation, while the Folk Gods have minor shrines dotted all over the city.  Some of the Folk Gods are simply household deities, and a given "god" might only have the one shrine in that one particular household.  Collectively, they may be called the 'Ancestral Faiths of Ragona'.

By comparison, the Cult of the Black Sun is a proselytic, monotheistic religion which reveres a deity simply termed "The Dark Lord".  Unlike the local faiths, the Dark Lord is considered to exist apart from the world, only directly appearing when there is an eclipse - when his majesty occludes the sun.  The traditional symbol for the cult is a black circle, or sometimes a stylised depiction of an eclipse.

The Cult of the Black Sun preach that service and compassion in life will be rewarded with paradise in the Shadow Realm that comes after death.  They recognise the existence of other gods but hold that the Dark Lord is superior to them and that when they destroy and absorb other faiths their god literally devours the lesser deities.

The Cult is a heirarchical, organised religion ruled from the eastern seat of the faith and their pontiff, the Dark Pope.  Like most religions, including those of Ragona, they tithe.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 07:11:11 pm »

Just double checking, this world is non-magical / non-divine? What I really mean is, do the gods themselves have any game-play effects?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 07:20:55 pm »

To the best of your knowledge, this world is quite mundane.  I mean, sure there are rumours of dragon and trolls and giant sandworms - but no more so than there were on Earth at the time.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »

How long is a full cycle? Because if it is only a day, that's a long time before the city pays us back.  :o

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2015, 08:34:27 pm »

That's the trouble with loans :D

Iituem, are we allowed to communicate privately with other towers?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 02:15:46 am »

How long is a full cycle? Because if it is only a day, that's a long time before the city pays us back.  :o
A fortnight (14 days)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 09:01:49 am »

Council meets every fortnight, yes.  And you may contact each other privately, although I would appreciate being CCed into the conversations because I quite like listening to the politicking.  :D

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 09:44:59 pm »

When i think politicking in this situation this is what comes to mind:

"So my name is Lewis. I like money and long walks on the beach. Who wants to be my ally?"

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 09:58:21 pm »

Well if it is attempt to garner ally's for your house day then I am Avery and I like romantic comedy's, robbing you blind when you fall exhausted from the bed, and Goldbloom's rare one of a kind ancient vase from the founding of the city that I'm not supposed to touch.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 10:11:40 pm »

Well if it is attempt to garner ally's for your house day then I am Avery and I like romantic comedy's, robbing you blind when you fall exhausted from the bed, and Goldbloom's rare one of a kind ancient vase from the founding of the city that I'm not supposed to touch.

I like finished goods if you know what I mean. Romantic comedies are so up my ally. All ancient vases are stored deep within Gringotts Fort Knox  SCP-101 the bank vaults.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 10:44:02 pm »

Hmm, that might be a bit tricky to get into *stares off into the distance for several hours, stopping only when a stable hand and a chef run in and whisper things into his ear, then run out again.*

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 10:02:11 pm »

What would the towers themselves gain as a result of this territory increase if it does occur?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »

What would the towers themselves gain as a result of this territory increase if it does occur?

It depends.  Classically, Towers who committed troops to a war might receive parcels of land.  It is entirely possible that the land might go straight to the state.  Certainly the more put in, the better the claim to the property.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29