Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [OOC]  (Read 15912 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2015, 03:10:22 pm »

We fabricate fake evidence against the Senex to have him replaced.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2015, 03:26:47 pm »

Do I smell a revolution?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2015, 03:49:32 pm »

What is the legal precedence on killing a Tower?

Murder is murder, although noble murders get investigated a lot more than slaves killing each other, or even plebs.  Murder = death penalty, sometimes death penalty by being worked to death in the mines.  An arrested Tower would sit in prison until a trial or execution date, though [can send a representative to speak for you while in prison, cannot vote].
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2015, 03:55:06 pm »

How does export/import work? Do we have to choose whether to import or export?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »

Ah, sorry.  I should clarify.  "Int. Price" means the internal, domestic price.  I originally wrote 'domestic', but it was too long for the cell.

The city satisfies domestic demands first; the Grain, Tools, Goods and Luxury demands it has by virtue of population.  The derived demands of Iron and Raw Materials are satisfied first.  If domestic prices are cheaper (and they usually are), it will buy domestic over foreign goods to satisfy those needs.  If international market prices are cheaper (e.g. raw materials) Ragona buys those preferentially.  If, after the initial purchase, there is still demand, the rest of the demand is satisfied by the other market.

Imports don't so much concern Towers, except where they feed their industries (i.e. Iron, Raws availability).  Again, the cheaper option will always be bought first.

Whatever wares are left over after domestic needs are satisfied are sold to the international market.  They are bought at market prices, and you get what they sell for, minus shipping costs, minus tariffs.

And then most industries get a flat 10% income tax on top of their profits.

Adjusted public doc to display how much shipping is available.

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2015, 10:15:09 am »

Sorry about the turn delay, folks.  Lots of things happening, and I'm making some adjustments to make it easier in future to do turns.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2015, 10:28:40 am »

Oh, children? The only child I feel sorry for are the ones that aren't on the bottom row, and thus cannot see tower Stonetree's remains, I guess the poison food I gave him is null and void now.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2015, 12:38:47 pm »

So.... you just admitted guilt to a capital crime? :p

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2015, 12:41:46 pm »

Fortunately, all of this takes place in some weird hyper-dimension, imperceptible to the people we puppet.  Puppet, like strange extra-dimensional creatures, our feelers twisting and rooting inside their minds, controlling their actions, their words, their very thoughts.  Unaware they remain of their masters, but dance they must to our strings.  And suffer.

Suffer.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2015, 12:45:17 pm »

HLG admits a lot of dubious things.

I don't accept such bribes, I merely deal them.
It seems there is another spy.......
I may or may not have killed the chief of coin. Don't look at me like that, it makes me reassess my moral values!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »

True, but here we have a good opportunity to investigate. I'm just upset that I don't get to enjoy my own criminal investigation subplot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2015, 01:02:09 pm »

Ah well, due to dealings with him i already know that it is him that killed me. The question is how to best prove it to the centuria and the council.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2015, 01:05:05 pm »

Which isn't nearly as fun. I guess short of night actions to track the assassins there ain't much we can do. Of course, you could also decide to take justice into your own hands if he hasn't rebuild his guard yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »

Surely scouring the criminal underworld for recently enriched assassins is why we all have agents, no?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2015, 01:07:07 pm »

Or to hire said assassins. :p

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29