Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Towers of Ragona [OOC]  (Read 15935 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Ragona [OOC]
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2015, 06:00:10 am »

Maps of Lucindra's Tail, the peninsula upon the tip of which Ragona is based.  To the north are the northern clans, to the east are the nations of the Black Sun, to the west is the Ningard Empire, and I've actually slightly retconned the position of the formerly 'south' city-states.  These maps are also in the OP and OP of the Game Thread for reference.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:43:40 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2015, 02:43:01 pm »

Copying a response to a question over PM:

Combat is a touch simplified.  The number of maniples matter, and how they are used in a strategic sense matters (when fighting over multiple targets or provinces), but ultimately it is a numbers game.  One maniple counters one maniple.  In an exchange, unless it is very one-sided both sides will lose at least 1 maniple (about 3 to 1 odds count as one-sided enough).

Forts increase the effective war strength of a single defending unit by 2.  House Villas increase a single defending unit's strength by 1 (but they can be fortified).  You can try and take another's villa with units, but Towers get a chance to escape (greatly increased if they have an agent in the villa to help, or if they have made other precautions).  You can also basically lay claim to land in a militaristic way in the same fashion, but such claims are usually opposed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2015, 04:29:07 pm »

That reminds me, how much would it cost to buy swords for all of my servants? (Excluding Hasper because he already has one.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2015, 04:30:42 pm »

With all the casualties in your guard, shouldn't you have leftover weapons?

Anyway, a bushel of weapon is 4 denarii (or was before the wage sim mod). So not much I guess?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2015, 06:19:59 pm »

Heh.  A bushel of weapons was 25 denarii before the wage mod.  Now it's... 81d internally, 83d if you were to import it (rounded figures).  Unit hire costs aren't linked to weapon prices, although I have considered the inverse.

A new unit will cost you 1500d, same as anyone else.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2015, 06:21:50 pm »

Don't worry, I'm sure I find a golden. opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:39:11 am by Hiddenleafguy »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2015, 01:33:49 am »

Oh, well, I was mistaken.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:39 am »

Current Market Prices per Bushel (Internal / Import):

Grain: 6.2 / 11.3  (shipping is expensive)
Tools: 80.8 / 87.3 (the war has spiked export/import prices)
Goods: 72.3 / 74
Luxuries: N/A / 80
Iron: 50 / 56.2
Raw Mat.: 35 / 32.2

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2015, 09:42:10 am »

Hehe, its funny to see everyone talk so much about light terms for Irlaxi, yet my resolution of a vassalized state is being voted for to the letter.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:53 am »

Yeah, for all the posturing of the Morning, Afternoon's when the truth really comes out.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2015, 10:13:50 am »

Well, light term is relative. Compared to Ghazkulls "Let us pillage their citie, enslave their children, rape their women and salt the ruins so that nothing ever grow back", we are offering light terms.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:24 am »

I only have a grudge with Vashna, not the innocent, besides, poisoning the water supply is much more efficient, and it leaves us with fully built buildings.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2015, 11:26:14 am »

Now now, i never proposed doing that Sheb, you shouldn't believe your own propaganda  ;D

What i said was that we should make the City Ragonian Territory for all intents and purposes, after letting our men loot the city. Irlax is not Carthage.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2015, 11:41:19 am »

I was genuinely torn between the options, but the argument about risky defensive obligations won me over. I feel like there's definitely some 3rd way that we've missed here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2015, 11:46:43 am »

'Sides, looking at the map and considering how large the Black Suns and the Ningardians are in comparison it might be prudent to absorb those smaller city states...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29