Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Footless Mason Maniac!  (Read 1491 times)

Keldon

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood For The Blood God!
    • View Profile
Footless Mason Maniac!
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:05:00 pm »

Ive been playing DF for about 2 weeks now, been getting on ok - finally learned how to use magma without killing everyone  :)

Just had one of those moments only DF could produce, my starting Mason lost his left foot early on <no> and has been in his sick bed ever since, that is until he CRAWLED to the masons workshop in a "strange mood" then crawled to my deepest mines to get obsidion <ignoring all the obsidion by the workshop, wasn't up to his standards of course> and finally produced a rather nice statue which is now the pride of my meeting hall!

So now I have a legendary mason who cant get about and by the looks of things will never recover  :)

Girls are always running through my mind, They dont dare walk

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
Re: Footless Mason Maniac!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:44:00 pm »

I have a miner who is legendary with both arms helplessly mangled due to an "accident".

Crushy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Zironic:
<STRONG>I have a miner who is legendary with both arms helplessly mangled due to an "accident".</STRONG>

Gotta love those "accidents". Reminds me of a trapper/hunter I once had. I never figured out what the hell happened to his right lung. I didn't even see him rest. He just kept doing his tasks as usual.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

goblin arrow - lucky survivor.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Crushy:
<STRONG>

Gotta love those "accidents". Reminds me of a trapper/hunter I once had. I never figured out what the hell happened to his right lung. I didn't even see him rest. He just kept doing his tasks as usual.</STRONG>

Actually, any piercing attack can do that - I had a wolf give one of my farmers a mangled lung.  With no other major injuries.

If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »

But wolves do gore attacks...

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 03:38:00 am »

Reminds me of a cave-in "experiment" I did involving a hapless underskilled mason/miner. Apparently the design was not in fact safe, and the poor dwarf got one of his hands and the other arm caught in the falling debris as he (and his stupid cat) were pitched into the river below. The crazy blighter managed to swim to a well entrance channel, fall unconscious, wake up, and finish swimming to the emergency well accident stairway, without using his hands. And the darn cat survived too. I was rather amazed.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 03:57:00 am »

I've only had people loose eyes (and survive). So far.
The first was my legendary miner, after he got piled on by about 5 goblins at once, i gave up hope on him, then he just started to walk back to the front door. Minus an eye.

Second was a caravan guard who had both shot out by an arrow. Apart from going unconscious for a  while, he was just fine...

Magma is overrated.