Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (SG) Dark Dungeon Academy for Dungeoneers and Overseers: Glub the Slime!  (Read 3302 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

(This is a suggestion game!)

Through influence, wealth, outstanding grades or sheer luck, you've been enrolled into DDA, the Dark Dungeon Academy for Dungeoneers and Overseers! Since the Good-Evil Pact of 1450, good-aligned races and evil-aligned races can coexist legally. Dungeons are now more of a prestige celebrity show rather than a battleground. Dungeon-delvers are celebrities rather than soldiers. And it takes quite a lot to turn one into a full-fledged dungeoneer or overseer.

Dungeoneers are simply the ones who strike headfirst into dungeons, clearing out the inhabitants, and collecting the loot. Many classes are devoted to this, such as Combat 101, Looting and Trap-bypassing.

Overseers ensure the dungeon, its inhabitants and the loot within are sustainable. Monster-breeding, Trap-making and Loot-forging are their important features.

There are two prestigious schools for the dungeon careers: High Haven Academy, for the upperworld, and Dark Dungeon Academy for the underworld. The two have had a thousand year rivalry. Despite the fact that good-aligned and the evil-aligned can both go to either school, many parents wish them to go to their respective schools. In the end, most students in DDA are evil races, demi-humans and monster races, though a lot of good culture has spread to them. Quite a few students of good races are in DDA too.

Spoiler: Suggestion Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:42:13 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Dark Dungeon Academy for Dungeoneers and Overseers
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 10:05:21 pm »

Spoiler: Suggestion Sheet (click to show/hide)
Max avatar size is 80x80

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:10:57 pm »

Name: Alexander Raman
Race: Drow

Grades: (Determines how well you do in certain classes) Allocate: (1 A, 3 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 F)
Monsterology: A
Trapistry: B
Dungeon-design: C
Lootery: B
Combat: C
The Greater Art:B
Party-management and Teamwork :C
Adventuring and Resourcing: C
History, Dungeon Law and Etiquette: F
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:08 pm »

Oh, this is an SG? Kindly ignore my sheet. Sorry.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 11:31:31 pm »

Name: Jeffrey Thorson

Grades: (Determines how well you do in certain classes) Allocate: (1 A, 3 Bs, 4 Cs, 1 F)
Monsterology: B
Lootery: A
The Greater Art: B
Party-management and Teamwork : C
I'm actually going for a dungeoneer with the skills of an overseer.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:19:25 am »

Name: Glub
Race: Slime

Grades:
B: Monsterology (The breeding, taming and fighting of monsters.)
B: Trapistry (The making and breaking of mundane and magical traps.)
C: Dungeon-design (The art and science of aesthetic and functional dungeon design.)
B: Lootery (The making and looting of relics, artifacts and treasures.)
F: Combat (Fighting techniques and how to apply them.)
A: The Greater Art (Magic! And its subsidiaries, alchemy, enchantment and astronomy.)
C: Party-management and Teamwork (How to arrange and manage parties of adventurers and monsters.)
C: Adventuring and Resourcing (Map-reading, map-making, potions, cooking, camping and wilderness survival.)
C: History, Dungeon Law and Etiquette (The intricate histories and laws of dungeons and the making and adventuring of.)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 01:23:22 am »

Name: Glub
Race: Slime

Grades:
B: Monsterology (The breeding, taming and fighting of monsters.)
B: Trapistry (The making and breaking of mundane and magical traps.)
C: Dungeon-design (The art and science of aesthetic and functional dungeon design.)
B: Lootery (The making and looting of relics, artifacts and treasures.)
F: Combat (Fighting techniques and how to apply them.)
A: The Greater Art (Magic! And its subsidiaries, alchemy, enchantment and astronomy.)
C: Party-management and Teamwork (How to arrange and manage parties of adventurers and monsters.)
C: Adventuring and Resourcing (Map-reading, map-making, potions, cooking, camping and wilderness survival.)
C: History, Dungeon Law and Etiquette (The intricate histories and laws of dungeons and the making and adventuring of.)
+1.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 01:58:27 am »

Name: Alexander Raman

Monsterology: A
Lootery: B
The Greater Art:B
Party-management and Teamwork :C
+1 from me.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 02:41:33 am »

"Glub, blub-blub mub bub," you bubbled to your mother, bidding her goodbye.

"Rub glub blub blub, Glub," she replied, oozing sadly.

You slither onto the zeppelin, trailing slime behind you, much to the dismay of the goblin workers. Your slimy suitcase jiggles gently inside you, clearly visible to everyone behind translucent, green slime. You spit the suitcase out and it lands with a thud and a splash as goo is sent flying. A disgruntled goblin puts on gloves and unhappily drags it into the luggage compartments.

DDA students flock to the sides of the zeppelin, waiting anxiously for it to take flight. They all wear the same DDA uniform; sweaters and blazers, with tie for boys and bows for girls. Since you're asexual, and have never worn clothes in your life, all you have to do is jiggle your ID card in the center of your slimy body, which had been magically enchanted like your suitcase not to be digested.

All the students are as varied as can be. Tall, towering minotaurs, lumbering and blundering ogres, haughty drow, even some dwarves. The other three zeppelins hold just as many students and are just as diverse. You seem to be the only slime here...

Now would be a good time to meet new people! There is a group of drow gossiping on the bow of the zeppelin, some dwarves rough-housing, a human girl mindlessly looking over the edge, not as excited as everyone else, a minotaur separate from the others, his nose buried in a book, and even a half-drow, who seems to be half-dwarf.

You have nearly half a day before you reach the portal to DDA. Do you go talk to someone, or ooze there by yourself until someone talks to you?

Spoiler: Glub (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Grades (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:02:16 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Perhaps not use code for the stats for ease of reading?))

Go find someone to glub at! Be social~!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

((Perhaps not use code for the stats for ease of reading?))

Go find someone to glub at! Be social~!

((Better?))

There is a group of drow gossiping on the bow of the zeppelin, some dwarves rough-housing, a human girl mindlessly looking over the edge, not as excited as everyone else, a minotaur separate from the others, his nose buried in a book, and even a half-drow, who seems to be half-dwarf.

Also, a few newcomers seem to have appeared from below deck. A human boy, with perhaps some ogre blood, lumbered out first. Following the boy is a pixie, the first one you've ever seen. The last to come up is a gaunt, grim Drow, much older than the others. Probably a teacher.
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blub at everyone!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile

glub at the human girl. follow mindlessly if she runs away.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Just like your mother told you (or you think she told you, you actually can't understand her blub, and she probably can't understand yours) you try to be social and outgoing! You make a big BLUB for everyone to hear, which solicit looks from them all. They go back to talking among themselves.

Undeterred, you slither to the human girl, who stayed at the rail while everyone else got bored. You tap her on the shoulder with an outstretched tendril of goo.

"Blub!"

The girl, mildly amused, spends a fair while ogling you. "You're the first slime I've seen. A good break from all the drow back home."

"Blub?"

Her mild amusement marginally grows. She turns around, back to looking over the rail. Dang, and you thought this was going somewhere. You slowly and slimily slip away, but you stop as something cold is jammed into you and you leap up in surprise.

"Ah! That's cold-" you blurb. Your expression becomes blank mid-air, and you fall back on the floor with a squish and a splash. The goblin from earlier is not pleased. "I-I can talk?"

"Yup," the human girl says, still with her bemused smirk. "It's a little charm I made just now. It lets you speak Dark Common like the rest of us. And you won't digest it too, don't worry." She rests her back on the rail. "What's your name? If you have one, I mean."

"My name is Glub," you say slowly, relishing the ability to make out real words. "What's yours"

The girl looks slightly peeved. "Don't you dare make fun of my name. It's Pristine. No puns, got that? I'm not Pissed-teen. It's Pristine! Got that?"

"Crystal clear."

Spoiler: Glub (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Grades (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:22:30 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chat about hobbies/other stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3