Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 88915 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

Anything specific about wanted dwarf? Taupe, you are still alive (Taupe V).
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2016, 09:55:44 pm »

Kamani ((Incompetent) Danger Avoider) has now moved to the fortress in order to see his parents, two of his sisters, and two of his brothers (plus some cousins). They all died here. He immediately created an artifact through possession. Welcome all, to Immortalitytower!

In-Character:

Kamani's Journal

209-2-8
I finally get to see my family again after so long! Plus I get to see the glorious fortress of Immortalitytower! Even if it is near those evil elves, and humans, and some other stuff too, what could possibly go wrong!

209-2-12
I arrived, only to learn that nearly all of my family died before I arrived. On the bright side, one of them possessed me, and I have made an amazing ring!

I am sure they are watching out for me. Plus, I have completed my lifelong goal at age 21! What now...?

209-2-13
I am overseer? I guess so now. I declared that I would go make rock pots somewhere safe (maybe, doesn't seem like this place is ever safe), ordered expansion of the wall's height, got the farms working, and made a burrow to stay out of that wierd dust. Everything seems to be going well for now, even though with my group added, there are only 33 people here.

Edit: Dwarfed AbstractTraitorHero.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:00:18 pm by Kamani »
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 28, 2016, 01:52:53 am »

Oh hey, actual update. Neat! I wonder who will wear that earring.

And that's a lot of farmers.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 28, 2016, 02:53:34 pm »

Herbalist has to be the shittiest job to undertake in this fucking climate.

Because, yaknow...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:55:41 pm by Taupe »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 28, 2016, 02:59:55 pm »

I made a burrow that SHOULD keep people from the dust (probably), so I think it is only normally terrible.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 28, 2016, 05:36:07 pm »

Kamani's New Journal

209-04-25
I left my old journal outside, and since I will never go back out there  as long as I rule, I got a new one. I have started work on turning this place into a dome to keep out the rains. I also made a roof over the road I built. I plan to build an airlock style door to keep out invaders. I am also considering starting a military. I will not let the fortress fall on my watch (hopefully?).

209-05-5
Do these dwarves even try to survive? Apparently, some fool wandered outside the burrow, and died to the infernal dust. Sadly enough, I don't think I can figure out a way to weaponize it. I have never been scientifically competent with these kinds of things.

209-05-6
I wonder how I can avoid dying in this horrible mess. I am considering building a secret safe room located in a "tomb" I could build for me.  Nobody would ever realize that I hadn't died, just hid myself. It might even work.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 28, 2016, 06:49:18 pm »

Surprise! The deadly dust CAN get inside the walls of the southernmost part of the map!

Edit: Megahelmet redwarfed. Three sudden deaths.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:57:38 pm by Kamani »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »

Kamani's Journal

209-10-01
Winter is upon us. I just learned that past this year, I apparently stop being over'. I built myself a tomb since nobody lives long here, even though it is a cheap tomb. Lately, I noticed a gap in our walls. Also, we got another artifact. A possession again too. I guess it makes sense considering that most of our population is dead. In some cases, multiple times.

Also, all dwarves are stupid. One left the burrow to walk straight into a deadly cloud. Ingenious.

My tomb has a room below it, and I can head there if things get too bad. I can barricade myself in or something.

Well, maybe I will live long enough to write another entry.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2016, 09:16:52 pm »

Kamani's Journal

210-01-1
I lived a year here and stayed sane! Relatively speaking anyway. There is still a dangerous hole in the wall and ANOTHER person got possessed and made an artifact (It must be all of the dead, they do outnumber the living), but it is no longer my problem.

And now it is time to post a save. I think Spriggans is up next. If Deus Asmoth reads this, please update the turn orders and dwarfed people.
And here is the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12467

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 28, 2016, 10:42:38 pm »

What is my dwarf?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2016, 01:00:26 am »

Check the save?

And gratz, Kamani, on picking this up. Burrows are like that, though ^^;;

At least it it isn't husking dust....

And hey, the Herbalist survived! I think?

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2016, 02:49:02 am »

Thanks ! ;)
I will start by tomorrow (maybe even today if work is boring).
Are there any important things left to do or is the fort manageable ?

@Kamani : I believe there's a typo in dffd. Did you use 42.04 or 42.06 ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:52:22 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2016, 07:10:42 am »

40.24. I wrote it wrong, sorry.
I think you are a farmer AbstractTraitorHero.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2016, 11:01:14 am »

Spriggans' log : Prelude

"We live, we die, we live again."

I'm in charge of this mess now, so let me tell you my story. I'll tell you who I am, in case you even care...

My name's Onol Boardleague, but you can call me Spriggans.
I'm a mason, I have a husband, Id, and I feel fine, even though I've been better. At least I'm alive, thank's Armok.
Ho, right, I'm also blind, as my eyes have melted away, but let me tell you the story.

"I live"

When I arrived to the immortality tower last year, I was far from imagining what horrors would happen to me.
The only things I saw before loosing sight, were mess, misery, and death.

There was a freakish forgotten bird lurking outside, expelling deadly dust as it breathed.
Me and my beloved Id, saw the beast in the distance, it was behind the great tower this fortress owes its name to. We sneaked by it to the northern entrance to the fortress. Luckily it didn't see us.

On our way, we saw many dead dwarves lying on the ground, and even more dwarven blood.
Everywhere on the ground, there was this purple stinky thing. We didn't know what it was at the time, but the dwarves call that "horrid goo". It was slippery and slimy.
As we approached the doors, tired, but safe, Id said :

"Dam' ! It rainin' on us, we gonn' be wet !"

I looked up and saw that indeed, things were falling from the sky. Purple things... I never saw again.

"I die"

The rest of the story I recall only vaguely : we both somehow ran into the fortress and got rescued by I don't know who. He dragged us to the hospital, cursing :
"Ye fools ! Why did ye venture outside ? Horrid goo got both ye eyes !"
I wanted to cry, but my eyes were melted.

After many days, someone told me I was safe. My body apparently expelled all the goo. He told me that I was blind, that my skin was full of blisters, and that I shouldn't expect much from life any more.
Id was safe too. Blinded and blistered, but safe...

It's been roughly a year since the purple rain accident. We are better now, Id and I.
We've learned to live with our blindness. I gotta say the other blinded dwarves helped us, learning us how to navigate and do things with no vision.

We are 18 blinded in the fort as I speak. And I have to say the blinded are very nice with me, I love them all very much.
They are not like the others, "normal" dwarves. The normal dwarves mock the blind ones, they don't respect us, and treat us with not much respect.

But things have gone, time has passed. The fort ruler, Kamani, gave orders which killed the Forgotten Bird, and I resumed masonry work. I never expected I could craft a chair without seen it.

My life is good now !

"I live again !"

In Obsidian 209, Kamani was out. His time had come. Elections were made for the next ruler. For no real reason, I volunteered, and got elected ! That was so unexpected ! Actually, every blinded dwarf voted for me, as I was "one of them".
So, I'm in charge now ! That's great !

My plans for my year as a ruler are simple :
This tower to the South... This "immortality tower". I want to live in it ! But I don't want to be selfish, I won't go there alone !

So I hereby claim this tower the "Tower of the Blinded" ! A paradise for blinded and blistered dwarves where no Normal dwarves will be allowed to go.

It will take some time, but we will have to move things like beds and food and farms into the tower.
We will also have to seal it so no Normals invade our paradise.
I will also have to appoint a manager to lead the Normal fort, as I hide in the tower with my kin.

I have quite a lot of work to do...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:09:45 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24:43 am »

Doesn't the map already have a tower?

Eh, what's one more :)

18 blinded, so...15 seeing dwarves. Hm. If the tower is tall enough, could build a roof over whole embark from the top, so high up that they can't see ground from there.

Of course, that's basically 2z, given it'd be blind building it :P
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35