Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 86940 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2015, 05:13:41 pm »

That would be a save-ruiner.

I think it's hard to ruin MortalityTower at this point. With all corpses and other fun things lying around... Also, note that half of the population was blind - and that's in better days!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2015, 05:19:52 pm »

It is Autumn now.

This is THE most boring succession fort I've ever played. NOTHING of interest has happened. I'm digging out some coal and magnetite so we can make steel. That's it. And I bought some iron and steel goods from the caravan to melt down. Maybe we can take down hell at some point. I dunno, steel is never bad.

That would be a save-ruiner.
I think it's hard to ruin MortalityTower at this point. With all corpses and other fun things lying around... Also, note that half of the population was blind - and that's in better days!
We have ten dwarves and half of them are blind. It's awfully hard to go down from here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 10, 2015, 06:29:30 pm »

I've finished the year.

I died, this dead kid did... something, we have more steel now, I raised the tower two levels, I wanted my ghost to show up but it didn't, life goes on.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11452

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »

This image serves as a prime example of life in MortalityTower. Unexpected, unexplainable deaths, horrid goo and dwarves stealing food from each other in dire attempt to counter their impending doom.

Actually, you played your turn so fast that I'm tempted to give it a try. If no one shows up until next evening, I'll take the reign.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 10, 2015, 08:10:05 pm »

Projects:
 - Try to reclaim the caverns, get back some of the dead bodies
 - Make more steel
 - Get more migrants, also unforbid my corpse and redwarf me.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2015, 08:42:08 pm »

We got ninety-nine problems, but a bitch FPS ain't one.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:06 am »

After a week of trying to get some time for this fort, I fell ill. So, you'll have to either wait (I still have a week of time left and would probably finish my turn in this time) or pass me entirely.

Fortress news: nothing of note has happened lately. MortalityTower is strangely peaceful and has yet to claim more victims.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2016, 06:54:53 pm »

I hope this isn't over. And if it is, I declare that it should continue!
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2016, 07:12:07 pm »

I think the best way to help this fort would be to take a stable turn. I cannot, because my computer is the worst thing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #354 on: January 04, 2016, 07:17:11 pm »

ill take a turn in a week.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2016, 12:34:46 pm »

GUESS WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll take a turn now, going to find the save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »

Overseer log of Immortalitytower, year 209 by the clock of the mountains.

1 Granite: I, 4maskwolf the third, hereby take command over the fortress of Immortalitytower.  I accept the responsibilities of protection and growth, and embrace the teaching of the elders and the hope of the future for this fortress and its inhabitants.  I swear to protect all residents of these great halls from the depredations of the lesser beings, and to bring this fortress to a bright tomorrow.

Alright, now that the oath is out of the way, let’s move on.

Given the paucity of residents of Immortalitytower at the moment, we drew lots to determine who would take the helm for this year.  I drew the short straw, so here I am, in charge.  Of course, with my eyes gone I can’t actually engrave properly, so I asked Megahelmet the second to engrave my words into this tablet.  And no, Megahelmet, don’t try anything funny, I can still read by running my hands over the engravings, and I will be checking your work.

On to more formalities: beginning of year supply checks and census information.  We’ve got plenty of booze for the year, even if the population grows drastically, but we could use some extra food to ensure adequate supply for next year.  Official records will be placed below, of course, as is mandated by law.

Alright Megahelmet, you’re free to go now, I’ve finished with my initial report.  Yes, that means you can get back to work.  No, you can’t go on break, we have things to do.  Yes, I’m serious.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2016, 01:26:40 pm »

Wow, a whole nine dwarves! The more things change...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2016, 05:03:57 pm »

turn please.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 20, 2016, 06:56:03 am »

Is one of the dwarves named Senshuken? There must always be a Senshuken or the Fortress will suffer more then usual.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35