Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play National LCS: Part II: Episode I: The Beginning  (Read 3105 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear gods, Liberal landslide!  (Vicky, as ever, continues to be badass.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Yeah, the "replace all the politicians" amendment tends to do that. It only happens when the country is really liberal, which guarantees that the elected politicians will be liberal.

LCS isn't really hard once you get the hang of things, since it progressively gets easier (all the bad laws are C+, e.g. Death Penalty, Police Regulation, Free Speech; Gun Control is the only law that gets worse for you as it improves), but it's fun as hell. Part of the reason I wanted to do this is to demonstrate a general, viable playthrough to people who are new to the game, since when I started I kind of sucked at the game. A lot.

That reminds me: Advice to anybody new to the game: don't go all "fire and brimstone murderer of change" right off the bat. Start by vandalizing buildings and stuff. Once you get good guns and have a good rep you can start killing people. Juice gives you incredible combat bonuses no matter how you get it, so you can set some random sucker to hack or something like that, wait a few months, then give them a submachine gun and watch the carnage. Which is why Vicky can mow down cops and gangsters and unfortunate nonunion workers like it's The Matrix or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

PTW because Commando Grandma. There's something I never thought I'd say.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play National LCS: Episode 5: The End
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »

Usual shenanigans. Vicky robs every bank in the country and eventually becomes an Elite Liberal.

We got cocky.

Vicky and Hidari got together with some recruited soldiers to hang out in a warehouse together.

We started fending off military sieges. It was childs' play, unloading magazine after magazine into the soldiers. It was almost funny how pathetic they were.

Then we started running low on food. One of our soldier recruits died.

Then Hidari died.

Vicky and Dan Walsh couldn't get out alive. They had us surrounded, and we were entirely out of food. We had to surrender.

Knowing that she could never get off for her crimes, with several hundred counts of hacking, several dozen murders, and multiple counts of treason and terrorism, Vicky Walton died in a glorious last stand, mowing down the army with an M249 machine gun.

The Liberal Crime Squad has scattered.

The country wasn't completely liberalized by this point. But there was still hope. Maybe, just maybe, the Liberal Crime Squad's influence was enough... but Hidari, nor anybody worthy of being xyr successor, remained to see their plans come to fruition.

All that remains of the Liberal Crime Squad, the dream of one warrior for change, a smoking ruin...

and the TRUTH.

The End
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play National LCS: Episode 5: The End
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 09:44:23 pm »

So... new game?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 09:54:18 pm »

b-beautiful ;~;
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play National LCS: Part II: Episode I: The Beginning
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 10:56:23 pm »

New game.
-Nah, heck with this.-
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:34:34 pm by Tawarochir »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 11:17:00 pm »

Knowing that she could never get off for her crimes, with several hundred counts of hacking, several dozen murders, and multiple counts of treason and terrorism, Vicky Walton died in a glorious last stand, mowing down the army with an M249 machine gun.

You say that, but I've actually gotten acquitted for around that degree of crimes with absurd Heart, Charisma, Law and Persuasion and a sleeper judge. If we're going for "Easy viable win demonstration" here, I'm surprised you didn't get any sleeper judges. 4-5 of them go a LONG way towards making it easier to win court cases as long as you have a decent sleeper lawyer or an ace Liberal attorney. If you can reliably win court cases, it dials down the consequences of criming things quite a bit and lets you just surrender to the police.

Also, PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play National LCS: Part II: Episode I: The Beginning
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 11:59:30 pm »

I did get sleeper judges. 5 is too many, 4 assures you'll get one overseeing your case.

But ace attorneys, in my experience, aren't instant-win, even with judges in your pocket. I had something like 4 or 5 LCS members testifying in addition to everything but public nudity, flag murder, harmful speech, prostitution, and grand theft auto. There were also around 400 total computer-related crimes and, might I stress, half a dozen terrorism and treason charges. Each.

This was cooler anyway.

...senpai?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:46 am »

I liked your ending, Taw. It was bootyful.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 05:51:53 pm »

...senpai?

Ah, sorry, unintended consequence of text replacement add-on thingy. If you're wondering why I have "Tawarochir", "Tawa" and "Taw" all set to convert to "Senpai", consider who first brought up the text replacement add-on thing in the first place.

I also have "Boulderharem" replaced by something far better.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:54:18 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 [2]