Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4  (Read 15483 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2015, 02:05:17 am »

Can I keep an eye, so to speak, on my worshipers while I look elsewhere?
Yes.

I'm working on the update stuff.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2015, 02:13:05 am »

Can I keep an eye, so to speak, on my worshipers while I look elsewhere?
Yes.

I'm working on the update stuff.
M'kay then.

Keep an eye so to speak on Borgun and the farmers, and cast the rest of my attention to the nearest city. Look for, well, people who would worship me if they knew of me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2015, 02:18:29 am »

So what happens when you get eaten by another god? Do you just stay inside it until you hit 0 satiation and then leave? Is there a way to escape? On another note, what's magic like in this world?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2015, 02:48:11 am »

Yes, I was once known as Daljinn the Devourer of Hope, Granter of Wishes! It was that clockwork fool Zonbuk and that know-it-all Vashna who did this to me, all because mortals should advance on their own merits through progress and innovation, not by having their wishes granted by malevolent genies.

But now I have returned!  I would raise empires and cast them down through granted wishes, if only I could crush the hope and dreams of enough souls as a result of granted wishes, and once more have your flock convince the hopeless to commit ritual suicide.

[If I can't pick Zonbuk and Vashna as rivals, then Viloctis, Lord of Innovation instead.]
[I'll allow it. Pretty cool]
(15)

It seems you have arrived somewhat late to the party. You view the alert Lurker with some trepidation, you do not think you could take him on as you are now. How are you to get past then?

Just as you are considering the problem, you feel strings of summoning tugging at you, helped on by the stars. Ah yes, perhaps some loyal worshipers yet remained, and performed a summoning ritual to help you return to the world?

You appears in a flashy display of pyrotechnics, confined by the bounds of the summoning circle. Wait, summoning circle? You see a teenaged warlock before you, clutching at a tome of demonology way beyond his skill level. Where in the world did he get that?

"Hah! I did it! I summoned a genie! Now you have to grant my wish! Ah-"

Here he quickly consults with the weighty tome in his hands

"Ah, by the power of the summoning you are bound to heed my words! Demon!"

Really, just because you enjoy crushing hope and slurping up the fine powder, that is no call to brand you a demon. In any case, you feel no compulsion to heed this mortal's words, and you can feel the containing power of the summoning circle weakening. He has obviously dabbled in things beyond his ken, and his inability is showing.

Still, as an interesting side-effect of your summoning you appear to have gained a physical form. While not a true manifestation by any means, mortals can see you, and you can interact with the mundane world without need for divine power.

Now you could break free of the restraints and go look for more interesting prey. On the other, hand, this foolish young cub did ask for a wish, and that is what you specialize in after all. Hahahaha!

You feel you have a worshiper somewhere, but you have no idea who or why.

You are a hungry physical poltergeist (16% Satiation, Rank 1, 1 Worshiper). In addition to the other abilities of poltergeist, you have a physical presence, but only the strength of a small child. On the other hand, this also allows mortals to attack your physical form, but you're pretty sure you'd just reform as a spirit if they destroyed your body. Probably.

Your sphere of wishes allows you to grant the wishes of mortals with greatly increased power. You could effect the minds of an entire city, having them believe the wisher is now their king, build a moderate-sized palace out of stone at the wisher's command, redirect a river, start a somewhat virulent plague and so on. You always twist the wish to the best of your abilities however, making it into a horrific horror that crushes hopes and dreams. Delicious.

Yes, I was once known as Cimag, Granter of Magic! It was that blasted Relopsews, Destroyer of Magic, who did this to me, all because he believed that mortals do not deserve and cannot handle the power of magic.

But now I am back! And this time I will do it right! I will spread magic throughout the world, if I could gain enough joy, happiness, wonder, and other positive emotions, and once more have my flock increase mortals' (and immortals') prowess with magic.
So to confirm, your worshipers have to sacrifice joy and happiness to you for you to gain sustenance?

I was once known as Lysandra, Goddess of Seduction! It was that interesting Daljinn Granter of wishes who did this to me, all because I wished for it due to my heartbroken state.

But now I am back! And this time I would do it right. I will bring forth eternal lust! If only enough orgies can be held in my name and my underlings once more seduce the masses!
Detoxicated, while I don't personally mind a lust goddess (in fact that's staple cult fare), I don't trust myself to be able to keep it tasteful and inside forum guidelines. As such I'd like you to pick something else if possible.

So what happens when you get eaten by another god? Do you just stay inside it until you hit 0 satiation and then leave? Is there a way to escape? On another note, what's magic like in this world?
You stay inside until you die or escape. You can escape yes. I haven't fully fleshed out magic yet, and it probably is going to remain somewhat vague well into the future, even if we have magic god now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:10:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2015, 03:15:49 am »

Use my knowledge to learn who the smartest person in the nearest town is and eat the knowledge of the Luminance. ((don't know if that's the name))
(3)

Unfortunately, the smartest person turned out to be faithful acolyte of Mezujin. When the cornerstone of his entire life and personality was wiped away overnight, he simply took this as his god testing him, and has renewed his studies and worship of Mezujin. It seems he will be quite a fanatic in the future, and the teachers are already speaking of making him a full priest.

You are a starving Poltergeist (3% Satiation, Rank 1, 1 Worshiper).

"Ah, yes.  Some of the decisions of the past may not have been to your greater benefit.  But see now Turm, you have always been a stronghold of might... and faith.  A creature to be revered and the greatest follower a god could ask for.  And here I stand before you, you standing with power and myself offering opportunity.  In the positions we are in, certainly any deal made will be highly lucrative for you, no?  By now you're more than acquainted with my abilities.  Let us move forward and consider the future!  To one bright with the shine of gold far beyond the scope of any mere mortal's comprehension.  This is your chance to take stock in that future, and your critical influence will secure us a world even greater for us than even the most beautiful dream could provide!"
Send Thurm a tantalizing vision of his lair improved with the divine depths of finery.  If possible, heighten his desire for the treasures I could offer, hopefully convincing him to be more open to favorable negotiation.  He has been faithful despite my long absence and past experiences, so keeping him is definitely in my best interest.  Now... to just work around that one small breach of trust...

((Greed and contempt do indeed go hand-in-hand... and really so do greed and war.  Whether or not any of them could tolerate an alliance in the long term is the real question.  :P ))
(11)

He seems to completely brush off your rather unsubtle flattery and sweet-talking, but you notice he does not protest your presence any further, and you feel the bright glow of burgeoning greed taking deep root inside him. Dragons, they're just too greedy for their own good.

Eventually, he digs through his lair, eventually returning with a human-proportioned sword that visibly glows with value. Turm snorts slightly, "Human toothpicker, useless to me in any case". Then he throws it up into the air, melting it with a concentrated blast of dragonsfire. Oh. Oh my, you certainly felt that one. Just what was that sword exactly? You ponder as you feel the blade settle against your hip, offered to you by Turm. Even now you feel further sustenance flowing in from the impressive hoard owned by your worshiper. This is most satisfactory.

Just what are you going to do from here? You've questioned Turm, and it appears his lair is not far from a swamp filled with primitive tribes of swamp-squid, which he could easily enslave to dive for marsh-pearls to be added to your divine hoard.

On the other hand, the Aruthe kingdom has grown fat and lazy recently, with a lack of external enemies. You have many potential converts among its decadent nobility, or you could simply seize its wealth for yourself. And there is always the dwarven mountainhome half a continent away. They'd been mining deep into the earth recently, greed overpowering common sense.

You are a hungry poltergeist (22% Satiation, Rank 1, 2 (1) Worshiper)

((I won't be starting the next round slash update for at least 4 hours. If any of the other guys that haven't taken an action yet this turn do so before then, I'll still carry them out. Tell me if I missed anything.))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:48:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2015, 04:01:33 am »

Daljinn mimes rushing for the warlock and being rebuffed by the edge of the summoning circle, as if an invisible force were keeping him in place.  With full theatrical flair he continues:

"Curse you, mortal!  You have bested me with your magic, and I have no choice but to submit."  Daljinn prostrates himself within the circle with full obsequiousness.  "By the demon code, I must grant you a wish.  What will you have me do, master?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2015, 04:59:17 am »

The name isn't Muzijen, it's Mezujin. Rhymes with Temujin.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2015, 06:33:02 am »

Did you miss my action?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2015, 06:46:14 am »

Daljinn mimes rushing for the warlock and being rebuffed by the edge of the summoning circle, as if an invisible force were keeping him in place.  With full theatrical flair he continues:

"Curse you, mortal!  You have bested me with your magic, and I have no choice but to submit."  Daljinn prostrates himself within the circle with full obsequiousness.  "By the demon code, I must grant you a wish.  What will you have me do, master?"
(16)
The warlock sags in relief, before catching himself.

"Uh, I mean yes! Of course you were! For I am the great and powerful warlock Shrunkle! Tremble in fear before me!"

You tremble appropriately before him, and he seems mollified, believing you thoroughly cowed.

"Yes, now demon, I command you! I wish to be a dragon!"

You cannot help but blink slightly in surprise. Well that's an unusual one.

Hmm, you don't have quite the ooomph to turn this snotty little brat into an adult dragon, but there are other possibilities. You could transform him into a horrific human-dragon hybrid, or turn him into a weak hatchling. If you happened to have a braindead dragon on hand, you might also be able to stuff his mind inside it. Most of the possibilities promise to be extraordinarily agonizing.

Did you miss my action?
I'm working on the next round as we speak, which will include your action.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:49:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2015, 07:34:21 am »

Kinda difficult to tell what round it is, is all.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2015, 08:59:37 am »

Start of Round 3

Locate a less then faithful priest of the Life God. Plant the seed of doubt in their heart: An undead elf? Elves don't get buried. An undead growing plants? Really now? Something's off about this undead 'elf' especially with the loss of priestly blessings among living priests. Yet somehow, this Undead elf has the blessings? This is a trick. A Trojan Elfzombie. Should rally the priesthood and kill it before it's too late.

At the same time, seed the minds of the peasantry with news of the undying one's return. The Priests of Life are corrupt. It took a Zombie to provide enough food. A Zombie Elf. Elves don't get buried. This is a Herald of the Amaglam. Why should elves be the only immortals? Why should they be reliant on food that they can't grow themselves? Undead don't require food. Nor do they ever stay dead. And then there is always the option of becoming one with God. Sacrificing your corporeal self in exchange for ethereal abilities. Your flesh added to the body of God.

(19-2)
Your efforts are quite effective. You select a priest who has a fondness for drink and toy with his mind when he gets deep into his drunken stupors, forming the beginnings of suspicion. It quickly takes root and the priest begins to see the elf as an imposter. Everyone knows that the real Gerlij was disintegrated during the battle to seal the abomination Kikai'Ventuk! And even if he hadn't been, how could we trust this thing garbed in dead flesh. It was obviously an agent of the Writhing Corpse, and yet here he was, walking around within the very sanctum of the Life Goddess!

He begins to talk with some his fellow priests and finds fertile ground, but their activity is still limited to grumbling at this point. The wraith Gerlij is much more powerful than them now that they have lost their blessings, and he has made quite an impact, indeed possessing many genuine artifacts of Life to help validate his identity.

You cannot help but begin to wonder why they wanted you to raise Gerlij as one of the undead in the first place. What is that damnable Life planning?

(7-2) (12-2)

You choose your target carefully, selecting those who would be best able to influence their fellow peasants. First is Gur, barkeeper of the local tavern. The dreams, or maybe nightmares that plague him each night synergize well with the drunken ramblings of the priest you already suborned, but unfortunately you simply do not make enough progress. While slightly more inclined to being accepting of the return of the Amalgam, and more suspicious of the clergy of Life, he is still a worshiper of Life.

Your next target is the wife of the village head, who had to bury a baby, who died from malnutrition when food became scarce. You whisper in her mind of the failure of the Life Priests. Of promises that you could return her baby to her. Free her sons from the need to slave away on the fields each day to put food on the table. Even if she were to die in childbirth like her mother, it would not be the end. Even were her physical form destroyed entirely she could still persist.

It is hard to break beliefs deeply ingrained since childhood, but the presence of the undead elf helps your cause greatly. She is on the cusp, you need but a little more time and she will be yours, she will be one with the Amalgam.

You are a ravenous Poltergeist (7% satiation, Rank 1, 1 Worshiper)

((You can only effect the dreams of a single mortal per action at poltergeist level. I had you effect the dreams of two villagers since you indicated you want to effect more than one peasant))

Give whatever the guy's name is a healthy dose of the ol' vitrolium, hopefully allowing him to walk and follow spoken directions, and try to find a way out of the desert.
(10)
The living corpse shudders into motion, fueled by loathing, he staggers forward, your whispers guiding him to a cliff-face near the edge of the desert. Only as he comes nearer does he notice the caves scattered across the cliff. Then suddenly he collapses at the foot of the cliff, unable to move another step. A cry is set up when a sentry notices him, and several people rush out of the nearer holes. Your minion notices them, sees their monklike attire, the emblems of Vazeron emblazoned on their chests.

He mumbles delirious promises of doom and destruction on them as they bring him inside and start treating him. You hiss in displeasure as their skilled hands soothes your minion's abused body, numbing his suffering.

He should be up and about soon though, but you feel that you might get a good harvest from searching the secret hearts of these goodie two-shoes monks to find the hidden seeds of hated. In the long years of your imprisonment, those seeds should have been bearing wonderful fruit among the humans. Yesss.

You are a ravenous poltergeist (5% Satiation, Rank 1, 2 (1) Worshiper)

"Have you tried building a really fancy clock? I mean making gears and axles shouldn't be that hard using wood and reeds but the springs might be difficult. Tick."
Make a bunch of swamp grass good for making springs.
(11)

Under your guidance Nectha builds a primitive clock of dried mud, reeds and swamp grass. The final product makes you ashamed to have been involved in any way in its construction, but through your divine will it barely functions. Somewhat nervous, Nectha calls his sweetheart over to admire at his creation (the swamp-clock would undoubtedly break if it was moved).

"So what's this then Nectha-squid? You called me over to look at one of those spirit thingymagics you're learning to make from the old hag-squid?"

"Ah, no Curna, this is something my contractor taught me to make! Is a clock! So you can see what time of day it is"

Curna, seems unimpressed, eyeing the contraption dubiously.

"What's the point of that then? You could just look at sun in sky yes?"

"Ah, well when it's cloudy or dark, you can still use it to tell time-squid yes"

"Why? What's the point of telling the time yes?"

At this Nectha seems rather at a loss of words, he can't help feeling she's right. He glares daggers at you. If you don't fix this might wooing attempt might be a failure, and worsening your relation with Nectha might have... repercussions, though you're not quite sure.

You are a starving Fallen God (2% Satiation, Rank 0, 0 Worshippers).

I search for Fallen Gods to devour as I wait for the manuscript to finish being repaired. I also look for the four people with the greatest potential for martial ability, Nimu aside.
(14)

Though you fail to discover any Fallen gods, in your ranging across the mountainside, you have discovered four separate individuals, hermits really, living in the forest, who have incredible martial potential. Something seems... off about them though, and you feel your paranoia tingling. You also have a constant feeling of being watched, but you can never discover the watcher.

The young man, Uruk, seems to be at an impasse with the scrolls, and has been for quite some time. He simple does not have enough knowledge or enough pieces of the puzzle. He has taken to tearing out clumbs of hair in frustration, praying to you for guidance in unraveling your forgotten secrets.

You are a hungry Poltergeist (17% satiation, Rank 1, 5 Worshipers)

Keep an eye so to speak on Borgun and the farmers, and cast the rest of my attention to the nearest city. Look for, well, people who would worship me if they knew of me.
(2)

Everything continues as normal with Borgun and the farmers, and he is on the brink of recovery.

However your search through the nearby city goes less well. The city completely lacks potential converts, the entire city seeming to be in a drug-addled haze, addiction running deep in all levels of its society. They have no interest in destruction and are content to frolic around in their hallucinatory dreamlands. While publicly the Vazeron priesthood, who seem to have a firm grip on the entire country, condemn the drugs, you cannot help but notice it is members of the clergy that are manufacturing them and peddling their wares among the masses.

Even worse, the drugs seems to amplify existing spiritual sensitivity, and many people noticed your presence. You were not able to stay long in the city before being banished by hired exorcists.

You are a peckish poltergeist (27% Satiation, Rank 1, 4 (3) Worshipers)

Kinda difficult to tell what round it is, is all.
Understandable, I'll try to be clearer about it.

((I can feel my limits to give each players appropriate attention being reached, so I'll have to cap the players here. Detoxicated can still get in with a different character if he likes, and ATHATH is in as soon as he clarifies his character's sustenance.))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:30:20 am by Demonic Spoon »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2015, 09:32:25 am »

Well where is the waitlist?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2015, 09:40:37 am »

The waitlist was inside you all along! But yeah, I guess a waitlist might be a good idea. Any further applications will be put on the waitlist in case any of the current players die. Either ingame or in real life. I know ninjas have been breeding like rabbits recently, can't walk out the door without having to fight of assassination attempts by feral ninjas.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2015, 10:23:41 am »

The waitlist was inside you all along! But yeah, I guess a waitlist might be a good idea. Any further applications will be put on the waitlist in case any of the current players die. Either ingame or in real life. I know ninjas have been breeding like rabbits recently, can't walk out the door without having to fight of assassination attempts by feral ninjas.
The waitlist was inside you all along!
inside you
Oh no that joke
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:38:04 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:06 am »

My next turn will be to go into one of the places where whatever holy book that the Luminance uses and copy illegal book's writing into them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12