Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47022 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #810 on: September 19, 2015, 03:50:54 am »

Use Surpass death on the Giant Empire Bat
You only have one seed of power which is what is required to use Surpass Death, that seed of power is currently in Captain Bones.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 19, 2015, 03:55:16 am »

Add illusionist room (small15DP)

Small, attached to the entrance hall room. Preferably separated with a hard to spot door that allows to surprise attackers from behind. Hosts illusionist mage ready to strike

The illusionist on it's own isn't very intimidating, but an illusionist with a contingent of melee skeletons could be good. Have the illusionist conceal the already hard to spot door, then have the skeletons ambush unwary adventurers wih the illusionist playing backup. I like it.
I though the Illusionist is more of a kind of Rogue-mage?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 19, 2015, 04:13:20 am »

Do we even have a second Surpass Death we can use? We seem to have already used it on our Captain.

I guess we can always just switch it.
Capitan is much more likely to die. Remember that Captian buffs all skeletons and keeping him alive can be more important. I prefer to not switch
Well, I don't particularly want to switch it too. The Emperor Bat is a joke (a lethal one, but still) boss, after all. Also, I want our Captain to become boss-tier, so he has to live (well, un-live) for quite a bit.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 19, 2015, 02:07:11 pm »

Oh:
Investigate the red bat spot on the Emperor Bat.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #814 on: September 19, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »

Add illusionist room (small15DP)

Small, attached to the entrance hall room. Preferably separated with a hard to spot door that allows to surprise attackers from behind. Hosts illusionist mage ready to strike

The illusionist on it's own isn't very intimidating, but an illusionist with a contingent of melee skeletons could be good. Have the illusionist conceal the already hard to spot door, then have the skeletons ambush unwary adventurers wih the illusionist playing backup. I like it.
I though the Illusionist is more of a kind of Rogue-mage?

Yeah, I agree. But rogues don't do all that well on their own either, unless they can take the enemy completely by surprise. And even then, groups are trouble.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 19, 2015, 03:17:28 pm »

I actually like our force\dungeon  as it is and prefer to fast forward few days. Then think about a way to spend DP

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 19, 2015, 03:45:48 pm »

I'm a bit worried that we only have four melee skeletons, and no zombies. That's going to crumble pretty quickly in the face of pretty much any opposition, then it's only some traps between them and our mages & archers. In light of this I propose we:
Create 3 Zombies (-15dp)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 19, 2015, 03:49:53 pm »

We need a larger melee core.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 19, 2015, 03:55:11 pm »

How about Buy 3 more zombies each day and put them into entrance hall until something interesting happen?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 19, 2015, 04:01:53 pm »

Skelebums with swords are a better choice. More damage and usability.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 19, 2015, 04:10:43 pm »

I actually like our force\dungeon  as it is and prefer to fast forward few days. Then think about a way to spend DP
How about Buy 3 more zombies each day and put them into entrance hall until something interesting happen?
Skelebums with swords are a better choice. More damage and usability.

Any of these three is fine with me

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #821 on: September 19, 2015, 04:23:40 pm »

Lets get three zombies for our melee minions, then get a skeleton with a sword and buckler each day for another three days. Then, we should get Skeletonw with bows for another three days.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 19, 2015, 04:26:19 pm »

Lets get three zombies for our melee minions, then get a skeleton with a sword and buckler each day for another three days. Then, we should get Skeletonw with bows for another three days.
+1.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 19, 2015, 04:27:02 pm »

+1.
+1 in the interest of moving this along

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #824 on: September 19, 2015, 04:29:12 pm »

Oh, on another note, our melee minions are behind the rockfall traps, right? And disable/reactivate traps at will or move minions past them without issue, right? (If not, it's not actually a problem. We'd just need to rely on our flying minions and ranged units to attack the enemy.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:32:08 pm by Angle »

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57