Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47060 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #780 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:28 am »

Well, let's see. First, move out skeletons and zombies into the entrance hall, raise some platforms for our archers and mages to fire from, with steps leading to them at the back of the area. Put our swordskellies in front of that, and in front of them put a line of rockfall traps. Hows that? We can enable or disable the traps at will, right?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 15, 2015, 05:08:16 am »

Well, let's see. First, move out skeletons and zombies into the entrance hall, raise some platforms for our archers and mages to fire from, with steps leading to them at the back of the area. Put our swordskellies in front of that, and in front of them put a line of rockfall traps. Hows that? We can enable or disable the traps at will, right?
Can we put pit traps in between the adventurers and our skellies?  Added safety measure, plus more chance of them falling in.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 15, 2015, 05:33:22 am »

Can we put pit traps in between the adventurers and our skellies?  Added safety measure, plus more chance of them falling in.

And if adventurers have archers with them? Then it is just wait to see who got best/more archers. We need a bait that nobody can ignore.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 15, 2015, 07:17:51 am »

I would like to update this, but currently I only have some very vague ideas from you guys to go on. Escaped lurker's plan is the only thing that has some actual solid numbers, and placement ideas to it.

Basically you're going to have to tell me what traps you want to place, and where. I could take the locations you've stated so far, and randomly decide how many traps to place there from what you guys have suggested so far. However, that takes a lot of the control from you guys and leaves me guessing on what to actually do.

-snip
add a hall (5dp) between the entrance hall and the stairs to the mausoleum. place deadfall trap (20 dp) in it.
place a spike pit trap (20 dp) in hallway leading from Entrance hall to bat room.

arrange minions as such: Bat room: Emperor Bat and four bats
Everyone else in the Mausoleum, with skeletons in front, captain bones just behind, archers and elementalist further back, but in line of sight of entrance. (is the entrance hall tall enough for the bats to fly in? If so, put the remaining four in there, too, up on the ceiling, naturally).
[/b]
been suggesting this for like four turns now.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 15, 2015, 09:38:33 am »

Guys and gals, we can't just rase the floor,  apparently the bast we can do, for that effect is to move a coffin, which we have one in our entrance that is useable, and move it there. That is as far as he gave use to that effect.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 16, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »

-snip
add a hall (5dp) between the entrance hall and the stairs to the mausoleum. place deadfall trap (20 dp) in it.
place a spike pit trap (20 dp) in hallway leading from Entrance hall to bat room.

Everyone else in the Mausoleum, with skeletons in front, captain bones just behind, archers and elementalist further back, but in line of sight of entrance. (is the entrance hall tall enough for the bats to fly in? If so, put the remaining four in there, too, up on the ceiling, naturally).
[/b]

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #786 on: September 16, 2015, 04:26:43 pm »

-snip

[/b]
[/quote]
Again, we should place traps in conjunction with minions. Traps alone aren't particularly effective.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 16, 2015, 04:58:22 pm »

That's why I gave the idea of the pitfall trap over the batroom. It leads to it being like a zombie pit, in that anything that falls in is prone and swarmed, but, if nothing falls in, it leads to a secret attack, that comes across as nearly unpredictable, and would distract the victim from what's ahead.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #788 on: September 16, 2015, 06:13:41 pm »

Day 15, Part 6
Using some of your power you turn to expanding your dungeon slightly by turning the short stairwell down from the Mausoleum into a lengthy hallway before placing a rockfall across it about halfway down. After that you turn to the hallway between the Batroom and Entrance Hall to add a spike pit about midway down it as well before ordering your minions to come down into the catacombs beneath the graveyard. You organize most of them in the Entrance Hall with a small group of bats staying behind with the Giant Bat Emperor.

Day 16
With that another day passes, and the sun begins to rise high above you for yet another peaceful day. So far your Domain has remained quiet though you're not sure how long that will last with a Human army massing nearby, perhaps war will come tomorrow ...

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

-snip

[/b]
Sure, you have. However, I do not go back through all the other turns searching for votes that people maybe want to perform this turn as well. If I did that I would never be able to update because I'd have to sift through all 53 pages of this game checking to make sure that a plan someone made twelve updates ago might be something they maybe want done?

Basically if you make a plan that you still want done after I do an update, and it wasn't the winning vote you're going to have to state that you want to try and push for it this turn as well. I'm truly sorry that I can't read your mind and tell you still wanted to try a plan from the last update.

As for your arrangement plans I assume when you said Mausoleum you meant the entrance hall.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:18:55 pm by adwarf »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 16, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »

Defy Death a minion each day.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #790 on: September 16, 2015, 06:38:09 pm »

Set up some kind of raised platform for our archers and mages in the entrance hall, even if it's just coffins, and put a line of rockfall traps in front of the warriors. If we don't have enough DP, start from the middle and wok outwards.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2015, 06:42:22 pm »

Defy Death a minion each day.
After being dead for a day your minions can't be brought back.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »

Wait. Then why could we defy death the adventurers and whatnot after a day?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 16, 2015, 06:59:55 pm »

when did we do that?

We can make a necromancer skeleton now, or maybe add a couple zombies and skeletons to the first hallway to slow people down at the rockfall trap. Or both.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2015, 07:43:53 pm »

You couldn't? I mean you've never raised an adventurer, and though do remember I've told you that you could raise one if you wanted after someone asked.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57