Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47121 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #705 on: August 30, 2015, 02:18:41 pm »

Bat is more expensive than a skeleton
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 30, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »

So, about the different decisions:

-Defy death:
Cast on bat, most expensive minion. We may want to think about resurrecting the mage and trying to convert him to our cause in the future

-XP usage:
Dungeon point generation III (-30 xp): mandatory long term. The sooner we unlock it, the better. One extra zombie a day means we could regenerate our current undead army in a week.
Trap creation I (-10 xp): we seriously need something other than minions. Maybe magic traps are overkill, so this should do until we get more xp. I have the feeling that this will be countered by rogues.
Undead spell casters (-20 xp): because we seriously need magic minions. We need to diversify our stuff, and this is likely better than dungeon magic.
Batroom Bears ... is that a Bat?  (-25 xp): just out of curiosity. I have the feeling that this is going to be something agile/sneaky, and we currently need that.

Total xp usage: 85 points. There are 5 left.

And I vote on abstaining to use dungeon points until we know what we can create with our new powers.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 30, 2015, 03:56:26 pm »

-Defy death:
Cast on bat, most expensive minion. We may want to think about resurrecting the mage and trying to convert him to our cause in the future

-XP usage:
Dungeon point generation III (-30 xp): mandatory long term. The sooner we unlock it, the better. One extra zombie a day means we could regenerate our current undead army in a week.
Trap creation I (-10 xp): we seriously need something other than minions. Maybe amgic traps are overkill, so this should do until we get more xp. I have the feeling taht this will be countered by rogues.
Undead spell casters (-20 xp): because we seriously need magic minions. We need to diversify our stuff, and this is likely better than dungeon magic.
Batroom Bears ... is that a Bat?  (-25 xp): just out of curiosity. I have the feeling that this is going to be something agile/sneaky, and we currently need that.

And I vote on abstaining to use dungeon points until we know what we can create with our new powers.

+1
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2015, 05:19:42 pm »

-Defy death:

-XP usage:
Trap creation I (-10 xp): we seriously need something other than minions. Maybe amgic traps are overkill, so this should do until we get more xp. I have the feeling taht this will be countered by rogues.

+1
+1

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2015, 11:05:27 pm »

-Defy death:

-XP usage:

+1
+1
+1 I think that batroom thing is something we should definitely get because it seems like that's a special ability which will likely be more fun than the other ones.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 31, 2015, 12:01:41 pm »

+1 to the above statement.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 31, 2015, 02:08:12 pm »

I think dungeon magic is going to be stronger than minion magic. Especially as we gain seed power.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 31, 2015, 02:13:24 pm »

I think dungeon magic is going to be stronger than minion magic. Especially as we gain seed power.
But, what if casting it costs dungeon points or something? Tha's what I fear, that it is going to be once per combat spells, and considering that we can ressurrect our minions if we need to, it may be better to have them do magic for us. At least for now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 31, 2015, 02:39:17 pm »

Hm.... Why do we even need more advanced combatant minions?  Who said that buying more low level skeletons\zobmies\bats and letting them grow is not enough at this stage?

How about this plan

Dungeon point generation III (-30 xp)
Hymn of the Banshee (-50 xp)
Trap creation I (-10 xp)

It gives us -
1) More DP points to spend
2) Power boost that can open new abilities
3) Traps to supplement our minions

Next time when we will get XP we may decide to buy more advanced minions if current ones will become obsolete.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 31, 2015, 03:22:09 pm »

When we can buy more powerful minions we can afford to sacrifice them to win
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #715 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:20 am »

-Defy death:

-XP usage:

+1
+1
+1 I think that batroom thing is something we should definitely get because it seems like that's a special ability which will likely be more fun than the other ones.
+1. Trap creation should be especially useful, because it'll help keep our minions alive, which both saves us DP and gets us more powerful minions, and also because it opens up all sorts of interesting tactics - Archers behind pit traps, hidden passageways and ambush alcoves, retreat corridors with rolling boulder traps, etc. To put it simply, it gives us versatility, and versatility is great. More versatility means more dirty tricks.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 01, 2015, 05:55:58 pm »

The problem with weak minions is that they get rolled easily, and if they die no upgrades. The gm himself said that numbers wont do much.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #717 on: September 03, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »

Day 15, Part 4
Shortly after the battle ends you feel a flood of information running through you as your power grows even more until finally you become aware that there are so many possibilities available to you that you simply couldn't grasp before. Perhaps there is nothing to fear from the humans who gather an army outside your Domain, with this power perhaps you can manage to turn them into fuel for you to grow stronger once more.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

GM Note: And here you have your first unique boss tier monster, enjoy.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 03, 2015, 03:27:19 pm »

Get that super bat.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 03, 2015, 03:29:17 pm »

???Question:
Can we do things like putting the tripwire for the Rockfall trap over the spike pit trap?  Or just beyond it?
How much force does it take to break the tripwire?
Can we trigger our own traps?
Do traps reset without particular effort on our part?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57