Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47333 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #450 on: July 20, 2015, 08:29:52 pm »

I was thinking of keeping the strongest of the gobbos in our service, but, it seems as though i didnt consider the soundness and longevity of your plan.. . . .  It gets my +1 now.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »

Actually. . . . I have a sightly different idea. . . .
Just whisper into the Blue Gobbos ears, in a classicaly seductive voice "Power and Treasures is my promise, A life is the cost."
Hm.. how about we change that to;

"Power and Treasures is my promise; Human lives, are the cost."

I am sure the goblins would basically be happy to oblige, because it is a double-win situation for them.

Then again, Detoxicated's suggestion, with a full-fledged partnership, is not all that different.
If the goblin is suspicious though, it might come of as "too good to be true".
Add on: Their Blood Upon My Graves and Rewards Shall Come.
+1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 24, 2015, 02:45:18 am »

Actually. . . . I have a sightly different idea. . . .
Just whisper into the Blue Gobbos ears, in a classicaly seductive voice "Power and Treasures is my promise, A life is the cost."
Hm.. how about we change that to;

"Power and Treasures is my promise; Human lives, are the cost."

I am sure the goblins would basically be happy to oblige, because it is a double-win situation for them.

Then again, Detoxicated's suggestion, with a full-fledged partnership, is not all that different.
If the goblin is suspicious though, it might come of as "too good to be true".
Add on: Their Blood Upon My Graves and Rewards Shall Come.
+1.
Add another +1 (and an attempt to bring this back to the first page)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #453 on: July 24, 2015, 04:37:36 am »

Day 14, Part 2
Pushing against the blue-skinned goblin's mind you whisper directly into its mind,

"Power, and treasures I can give you, but the cost is the shedding of Human blood. Bring them to this graveyard, slay them on the gravestones, and you shall be rewarded."

As you withdraw somewhat the blue skinned goblin continues to look around, but suddenly yells out to his allies.

Blue-skinned Goblin: "We change plans, we raid filthy humanses village and bring the filthy humanses back to this place. We slay the humanses on their graveses, go now we must!"

With that the blue-skinned goblin picks up the pace, and the roughly forty goblins accompanying him start to run after him with their crude spears, and axes clutched tightly. They begin to chatter excitedly at their supposed leaders action, and you feel some satisfaction at the amount of success your words achieved. If the goblins succeeded the reward would not be a small one for you.

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 24, 2015, 04:42:01 am »

Uhh, what kind of treasure do we have?

Let's get a room in the plane above and a zombie with armor!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 24, 2015, 04:50:17 am »

We can make them shortbows. They seem to lack ranged  weapons. Those would increase their combat effectiveness. Not to mention the experience gained will likely let us unlock new stuff.

Also question. Can Defy Death be used on nonminions?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:01:52 am by Kevak »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 24, 2015, 05:37:01 am »

Right now Room generation feels kind of weird because it is really dang expensive, yet we don't have much to put in them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 24, 2015, 06:35:36 am »

Right now Room generation feels kind of weird because it is really dang expensive, yet we don't have much to put in them.
Right, that's why I suggested spawning more minions with our dp, rather than making rooms. We'll probably want a room between the heart and the gobbos if they remain after this little excursion, though. Say, give them the entrance hall and either add a medium room for our minions or sink another level. That's for next turn though. or this turn, I recommend either make nothing, or make the minions I suggested last round.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 24, 2015, 10:09:48 am »

Giant Bat breeding room plan

buy
30 DP [Medium Room] -  Breeding room
5 DP [Small Hallway] - Link it to the entrance
8 giant bats (80DP) - populate it with bats.

Create a room for bats to live in, it will act as hidden reinforcements for aboveground forces or last line of defense if someone will break in. When there are no enemies around, bats are free to hunt for themselves.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:15:04 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:06 am »

Breading room? Are we gonna fill it with bread?

Or are we gonna have skelebums throw bread at people in that room? Bread them.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2015, 10:17:14 am »

Breading room? Are we gonna fill it with bread?

Or are we gonna have skelebums throw bread at people in that room? Bread them.
We'll pour bread crumbs and oil all over the enemies, then cook them up in the giant oven room. We should build the giant oven room first though, it's can be put to better use on its own, while the breading room needs the giant oven room to work.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2015, 10:23:55 am »

You failed to notice the first version of it  "bet breading room" :)

It was a hard day for my brain.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2015, 12:56:44 pm »

Alternatively, try and build up Tucker's Kobolds type defenses.  Lots of arrow slits.  Lots and lots of arrow slits.
Bat rushes. 
Stone traps.
((Wait, can we make those?))
((I suppose we have to wait on those....))
((Later.))
((Ooh, boulder trap that funnels you down sniper tunnels.))
((And is also a dead end.))
((And, hopefully, resets.))
((Also there should be fake treasure.))
((And fake fake treasure.))
((I so want to build this now.))
((Steep ramp, possibly more than one boulder and certainly multiple traps.  Preferably layered traps, where disarming one will trigger another...))
((Yes, giant oven room.  Let the Blood of Armok do its holy work and inflict !!FUN!! upon our unsuspecting visitors.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2015, 01:02:18 pm »

Id like traps, but I dont think we can design any yet.

Other than ambushes
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2015, 01:18:27 pm »

Yeah, we can't build traps. Support room for bats. I am not sure if they will breed but bats should live undeground.

Actually
Giant Bat breeding room plan v.2.0
Buy large room (45 DP)
Buy two small hallways (10 DP)
Reshape undeground level to entrance-small hallway-"Batroom"-small hallway-Heart
Buy six bats to populate "Batroom" (60 DP)

This way our heart will be protected by dark hallways full of bats. OK, not so full right now, but I hope we will get more bats and may get special variants later
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57