Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47332 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2015, 12:58:39 am »

+1 to down... even if it would be cool to do otherwise, it is wiser to go down. Maybe we can reach magma, and then we will have !FUN!

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2015, 02:20:19 am »

I would personally prefer Up, but as this vote has already gone on too long, let's just hurry up and go Down.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2015, 02:53:16 am »

14 to 9 in preference, 15 to 8 in actual vote. that's 60% and 65% for down, respectively. We have a super majority, and at least a few people wanting to get on with it. I mean, really ,the last discusion took ages as it is :P

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2015, 03:43:36 am »

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2015, 04:10:23 am »

14 to 9 in preference, 15 to 8 in actual vote. that's 60% and 65% for down, respectively. We have a super majority, and at least a few people wanting to get on with it. I mean, really ,the last discusion took ages as it is :P
Get on with it!

I'll get on with it when I get around to actually doing the update, I haven't actually been waiting for you guys to decide completely and stop discussion since that doesn't really work with so many people. :P Anyway I'll do the update tomorrow, or the day after.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2015, 04:44:18 am »

No, it's "Down, but extend outwards on the first floor a bit because skeleton snipers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2015, 07:25:27 am »

Get on with it!

I'll get on with it when I get around to actually doing the update, I haven't actually been waiting for you guys to decide completely and stop discussion since that doesn't really work with so many people. :P Anyway I'll do the update tomorrow, or the day after.
It's your call on when you should stop the voting.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2015, 01:34:19 pm »

I think we're done here...
Updaaaaaaate!!!!!!!!!!  >:( ;D
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2015, 02:24:27 am »

Day 5-14
As the days past you feel your power begin to grow, and flourish until finally it feels like the mana stored in your Heart is overflowing into the surroundings, growing stronger with every passing moment. Taking advantage of this vast pool of power compared to what you've wielded until now you will your being to expand down into the earth below as a dirt, and stone begins to writhe and churn beneath the Mausoleum. Pouring mana into the area you suddenly feel your Dungeon Heart recede into the floor of the mausoleum with stairs forming as you move downwards towards the newly forming Heart Chamber.

Reaching the bottom of the newly formed floor you take in a large catacomb area with giant stone pillars reaching up to keep the roof from collapsing down onto the dozens of empty tombs lining the hall with small alcoves off to the side. Ignoring that you turn your attention to the giant pair of stone doors at the far end that open up into a decent sized chamber centered around a simple circular basin made to cradle your Heart in it, the Heart Chamber. The most important part of a Dungeon was finally formed ...

After you've grown accustomed to your newly expanded Domain you cast your attention back up to the graveyard where you find your minions waiting silently in ranks before the mausoleum entrance awaiting orders to move into the newly forged areas. However before you can give them orders you sense intruders once more, but strangely enough the direction of entry is opposite of the way the town guards came into your Domain previously. Casting your senses out to the new intruders you're surprised to find a band of goblins beginning to cautiously tread into the graveyard while whispering among themselves.

Goblin A: "Hehe, those humanses never even saws us all the way here from the Great Wood. They'll never sees us before we raid the town, nope, nope!"

Goblin B: "Its been too long since I ates humanses, the women ones always tastes the bests."

Ignoring the rest of the seemingly inconsequential talk, and the weird sensation you get that something about their speech is slightly off, you turn your attention to the only silent goblin. A gnarled old blue skinned goblin wearing the skull of some three horned animal, and carrying a blackened stick with a strange symbol made of bones at its crest. When you reach out to examine it you notice the goblin's steps pause as he suddenly goes on guard, looking around the graveyard furiously in all directions ...

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2015, 02:37:03 am »

Greet the gobbo. With mindwords.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2015, 02:38:54 am »

+1

If that fails then send single unarmed skeleton and have it made obvious "halt" motion, but prepare to slaughter them all in case negotiations go south.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2015, 03:42:10 am »

+1

If that fails then send single unarmed skeleton and have it made obvious "halt" motion, but prepare to slaughter them all in case negotiations go south.

+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2015, 04:55:30 am »

Contact the shaman. Tell him the following
"Ghostwanderer, I see you are powerful, and your intentions are pure. The Human demons must be cleared from this land, and this is my purpose. I sense you are able to defeat these hordes, and with my aid your renown and wisdom will be great. Sacrifice your enemies on my land, and you shall be rewarded. Gather your kinds' tribes under one banner and a new age will be begun by you. Gather the Pure races under one banner and you shall be immortal. Decide on your fate, but choose wisely, for I am hungry, and you are little."
Release the skeletons after saying this and them at gunpoint.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2015, 05:06:51 am »

If we create a floor, how many rooms, of what size, come with it? where would the connecting stairs be? How many goblins are in the group?

If we keep all our minions (in articular, the skeletons) in one group, and locate them in either the graveyard or the mausoleum, we won't need a second captain bones yet, and can purchase:
20 dp:  2 giant bats
5   dp:  1 zombie
45 dp:   3 skeletons with rusty sword and rotting buckler
45 dp:   3 skeletons with bone bows

this wold bring us to
1 captain bones
8 melee skeletons with equipment
7 archer skeletons with bow
4 zombies
4 giant bats
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:31:21 am by Ozarck »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 19, 2015, 05:52:06 am »

We need to keep a few skelebums in the Heart Room.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57