Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47150 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »

Please never have this kind of thing again, GM. Exactly as I had predicted, we've been here for days just deciding on what questions to ask.
Actually the only reason this hasn't moved on to the third question is because I haven't had the time to write an update, and the only reason its taking you guys so long is because you're assuming this is some kind of precise genie that needs to have spot on wording, or something.

Anyway since several of you wish to move I'll go ahead, choose the two most supported questions, and they'll be locked as the last two questions. I'll try to update later today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Most supported questions:
What entities nearby, such as towns, adventurers, or magical beings (yourself and your type eluded) will be the biggest threat to my heart in the near future?
What entities nearby, if any, will I be able to recruit, conscript, or dominate to act as allies or minions?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »

Those work

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2015, 04:46:24 pm »

They work.  And you did kind of ignore the semi-obvious query into the ranking system so we assumed Literal Genie.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2015, 05:33:41 pm »

They work.  And you did kind of ignore the semi-obvious query into the ranking system so we assumed Literal Genie.
I didn't ignore it, it wasn't really that supported of a question by the time I got around to writing the update.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2015, 05:34:22 pm »

Yeah, I mean you gave us a mysterious figure to answer three in game questions. That typically means a challenge of sorts to ask the best questions. If he had just carried a conversation, instead of making it a three question game, we would have been more flexible in our asking. No worries. But if you DO have trouble with update schedule, feel free to let us know. We can take it :D

Good game so far. This episode just dragged a bit :D (our collective fault, or no one's. Blame isn't necessary :D)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2015, 05:36:05 pm »

Yeah, I mean you gave us a mysterious figure to answer three in game questions. That typically means a challenge of sorts to ask the best questions. If he had just carried a conversation, instead of making it a three question game, we would have been more flexible in our asking.
Well the entire reason you got to even get answers out of him was good rolls, if you hadn't rolled so well he would've told you to get stronger, and then left immediately when you tried to interact with him.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2015, 08:12:13 pm »

Yeah, I mean you gave us a mysterious figure to answer three in game questions. That typically means a challenge of sorts to ask the best questions. If he had just carried a conversation, instead of making it a three question game, we would have been more flexible in our asking.
Well the entire reason you got to even get answers out of him was good rolls, if you hadn't rolled so well he would've told you to get stronger, and then left immediately when you tried to interact with him.
Fair enough :D

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2015, 03:09:53 am »

Day 3, Part 4
"Hmm, let's see ... Well there is the Kingdom of Rodic which you're currently inside of, and will likely begin to plan how to take your Heart once the fact that you're Dungeon is found out. Despite its name Rodic is actually a theocracy, so their experts are paladins and priests whose powers will be a major threat to you for a good while though they can be dealt with. Aside from them there is the Adventurer Guild whose people vary from being as strong as your average person to being capable of rivaling demigods in some very rare cases though those powerhouses aren't likely to be interested in you for a good while considering you haven't yet earned a rank.

Aside from those two the only truly imminent threat to your Heart is the local town of Glades-borough which houses the border garrison responsible for protecting the Rodic from the goblin tribes that hide in the Karas Jungle to the east of here. While there aren't any true experts among them there is a fairly strong knight by the name of Garret whose the commander of the garrison, its unlikely that they'll deploy troops en-mass against you for now, but if you end up becoming to big of a nuisance he might just bring the core of the garrison to see to your extermination."

With that the World Sage pauses, and waves his hand causing the ground to tremble before rapidly lurching upwards to slowly form a humanoid figure about three feet tall with pointed ears and clawed hands. Snapping his fingers the statue turns into sand as he speaks,

"As for potential allies the only surefire thing would be one of the goblin tribes in Karas Jungle though there aren't many among them capable of interacting with your will just as it stands. Maybe in time you might be able to communicate with them, but for now unless you get lucky enough to have a strong shaman somehow pass through here its unlikely you can form an alliance or pact. Aside from them of course there are always some more questionable folk among the adventurers, they're rare enough, but if you encounter one of them strong enough to interact with your will they might just be willing to accept joining you.

Of course then you'd have to worry about them stealing your Dungeon Heart though that in itself might be interesting, this world hasn't seen a Lich King in years, and I so enjoyed the last one's rebellion."

At that the World Sage turns his head to the north, and mutters something as if replying to someone though who he could be talking to since no one else is here is a mystery to you. Sighing the man talks over his shoulder as he walks towards your Domain border,

"Well it would appear I have some matters to take care, when I next look into your actions show me something interesting child. Until next time."

With that the World Sage suddenly flickers as a black mist suddenly surrounds him before completely disappearing from your senses leaving you somewhat at a loss as he never even got close to the Domain border before leaving ...

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:20:31 am by adwarf »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2015, 03:14:59 am »

Dear goodness this game IS part of the Trapp series.

Good thing I LOVE that series. It is like the most serious ridiculous series ever created.

You know... couldn't we... train our guys? Might be something to do.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2015, 03:24:23 am »

Lets make one more Skeleton Archer (Skelebum+shortbow) and then save up for Basement Level 1.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2015, 03:25:56 am »

Lets make one more Skeleton Archer (Skelebum+shortbow) and then save up for Basement Level 1.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2015, 03:30:31 am »

+1 we have quite a lot of guardians. I hope at least the next wave will be easy.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2015, 03:46:15 am »

+1 to skelebum.

We should position archers behind tombstones. The rest will play dead around the area, in a sort of circle. When the wave of enemies advances into the killzone, they spring in to attack, archers peppering them while they all advance to attack.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2015, 03:49:05 am »

My vote is we just flat out save our dungeon points.

There is just no need to spend anymore on these guys and I doubt 50 points will fall onto our lap unless a month passes.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2015, 04:09:16 am »

Killing people results in massive amounts of points. We had 65 points after the last attack and we get 15 points per day.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57