Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47128 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2015, 02:18:51 pm »

We have mostly skeletons, not zeds.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2015, 02:37:01 pm »

We have mostly skeletons, not zeds.
I'm voting to get two zombies and outfit the group like I said. and position them:

..   sw.Sk    Z   Z     Sw.Sk
sw.Sk     sp.SK sp.SK

....Bow Sk on roof.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2015, 02:45:08 pm »

I think that going all skellies + captain grants better synergy than dividing our forces now.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2015, 03:23:27 pm »

Yeah. Zombies could make nice front line tanks, but skellies are so damn fragile it might be better to hold off till we can outfit em with bows. That way down the line, the zombies can just hold em back and the skeletons can pepper em with arrows.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2015, 03:24:42 pm »

So Minecraft.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2015, 06:38:43 pm »

So Minecraft.
...I honestly wasn't thinking of that but that is a good example I suppose.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2015, 08:08:11 pm »

If we go with the captain bones, instead o just letting one of our skeletons level into it, I suggest moving our damaged skeleton to Bow duty, and the current bow skeleton to frontline duty.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2015, 08:24:57 pm »

We should put the damaged skeleton in bow duty regardless.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »

Day 2, Part 2
After pondering on how to spend your power you finally settle on raising the two guards' corpses as zombies to fight for you should yet more intruders dare to trespass in your domain with impunity. As the zombies stumble over to gather near your skeletons your earlier sense of unease proves real enough as you sense several intruders entering the graveyard from where the two previous guards came in the day before. Casting your senses over to that area you observe a group of six leather clad, grim faced soldiers slowly making their way deeper into the graveyard. Listening to their conversation you notice many of them referring to a man in the middle with a sword and shield as 'Captain'.

Soldier A: "Captain are you sure they didn't just get drunk in a tavern somewhere, and pass out? I mean there haven't been any threats from this graveyard since that Lick King's rebellion that the old codgers are always going on about like it just happened yesterday or somethin'."

Captain ?: "I already told you six times, I went and checked in Hob's tavern for them, and he said they never even came in last night. Have you ever known Jack, and Karl to skip a chance at using their pay to get drunk? I sure as hell haven't, and anyway its not like the undead are the ones behind this since we are at war against the Nightwood Goblin tribes after all. Who knows if those thoughtless creatures figured a graveyard would be the best place to hide a raiding party."

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardians (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2015, 08:33:42 pm »

Same strategy as with the first 2: Don't attack unless they get near the Heart. They might think the guards deserted or something.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2015, 08:43:46 pm »

Same strategy as with the first 2: Don't attack unless they get near the Heart. They might think the guards deserted or something.
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »

+1
+1

Bow skeleton should target the captain also.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2015, 08:48:03 pm »

+1
Killing the captain will send ripples through the town that keeps sending guards, I suggest that if they get close to the core capture the captain if possible and torture him until he changes to our side and then use him as a spy.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2015, 08:50:46 pm »

+1 to capturing if possible. If we are holding the Lich King's vessel, we may as well get ourselves a Cult of the Damned.

Who knows, with a bit of luck the captain is called Arthas.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2015, 08:51:20 pm »

+1
+1

Bow skeleton should target the captain also.
+1

They aren't going to think they deserted. they COULD think the goblins got them, if the freshly opened graves weren't a giveaway. We could leave the zombies laying around like they are dead, and surprise the troop when they got close, or we could have the zombies move of toward the woods, so the troop heads that way following them. Problem with this last strategy is you gotta hope they encounter goblins before they discover that the guys are zombies.

-1 trying to torture to convert.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57