Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47147 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2015, 07:58:40 pm »

Because I believe we can easily turn him once we killed his tribe in front of him. He is a magic user and able to learn more secrets which we cannot teach him at the moment. He needs to understand that we are superiour to him however. I think alive he is worth more than dead.
Why the fuck would he turn due to us killing his clanmates? His brethren and kin? Where is your logic? If we kill him, we can just defy death him later when we have nothing better to do. The best way to turn people is repeatedly torture them to death and rezzing them the next day to repeat.

Eventually they will break. We'd get his skills and his DP/Experience value if we killed him and then repeatedly tortured him until he broke. We would not get the DP/exp and we would not get a guarantee of him joining by just killing his fellows.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 30, 2015, 08:18:51 pm »

Because I believe we can easily turn him once we killed his tribe in front of him. He is a magic user and able to learn more secrets which we cannot teach him at the moment. He needs to understand that we are superiour to him however. I think alive he is worth more than dead.
Why the fuck would he turn due to us killing his clanmates? His brethren and kin? Where is your logic? If we kill him, we can just defy death him later when we have nothing better to do. The best way to turn people is repeatedly torture them to death and rezzing them the next day to repeat.

Eventually they will break. We'd get his skills and his DP/Experience value if we killed him and then repeatedly tortured him until he broke. We would not get the DP/exp and we would not get a guarantee of him joining by just killing his fellows.

+1.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 31, 2015, 11:48:40 am »

+1.

+1. Yeah.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 31, 2015, 11:50:42 am »

-1 to attacking the gobbos. Fighting at two fronts is bad.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:31 am »

It wont be on two fronts if we kill them all here.

besides, he threatened to tell all his shaman buddies to saty away from us.

Pedit:  o.o

Lets kill him now and rez him later to other gobs as proof of our ability.

Except for the part where he decays, its perfect.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:54:36 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 31, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

Having them stay away is a GOOD idea, WE DO NOT WANT A TWO-FRONT WAR.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 31, 2015, 11:25:58 pm »

Having them stay away is a GOOD idea, WE DO NOT WANT A TWO-FRONT WAR.

...Why, pray tell, do we not want a two-front war with these specific enemies?  Humans hate goblins, goblins hate humans.  If they both come here to attack us at the same time, then we benefit from the added deaths on our ground.  Plus, we are undeath; those who will not serve us must die.  Failure to do so is weakness, and we cannot be weak.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 31, 2015, 11:28:35 pm »

Because what if they ignore each other to fight a possible bigger threat.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 31, 2015, 11:30:03 pm »

Because what if they ignore each other to fight a possible bigger threat.

Both sides consider us weak.  Both sides consider the other a bigger threat.  This will not happen.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #624 on: July 31, 2015, 11:32:10 pm »

Better yet, it looks like the humans are saving up for a massive assault, the goblins likely won't have the brains to do this. Having them launch a number of smaller assaults that we can beat would be quite useful.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 31, 2015, 11:34:50 pm »

or even better, try to find our way for our forces to be mobile enough. We are looking more like a phat loot provider rather than a kingmaker.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2015, 01:07:58 am »

If we engage, the Shaman is the main priority. A lesser gobbo blithering to his superior about how the shaman and the majority of his group of 40 were killed by humans and skeletons is going to be taken a lot less seriously then the shaman providing data. Making them more likely to underestimate.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2015, 01:24:35 am »

If we engage, the Shaman is the main priority. A lesser gobbo blithering to his superior about how the shaman and the majority of his group of 40 were killed by humans and skeletons is going to be taken a lot less seriously then the shaman providing data. Making them more likely to underestimate.

+1

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 01, 2015, 01:28:37 am »

+1
+1
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 01, 2015, 01:38:33 am »

Actually in MOST situations fighting on two fronts is a terrible idea.

For a creature who literally needs to feed off of enemies, it is in fact a good idea... In fact the more pathetic the enemy the better.

It is kind of funny that the easiest way for our enemies to completely mess us over is to simply leave us alone.

Hence why I say this game is a lot like Trapt.

You guys are thinking of this like a typical strategy instead of bending your thinking to the situation.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:37:56 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57