Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47195 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #585 on: July 30, 2015, 12:46:49 am »

Only engage if they can be easily attacked.
+1.
+1, although +1 to the "let them stay off our turf" as well.  If we DO attack them, AIM FOR THE SHAMAN.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 30, 2015, 12:49:06 am »

((adwarf why))
Because we offered them more than we could fulfill, sent them on a fool's errand, and got eighty percent of them killed for a very meager return.
((Yeah, we should have, you know, maybe not promised more than we could deliver.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 30, 2015, 12:59:41 am »

+1.
+1, although +1 to the "let them stay off our turf" as well.  If we DO attack them, AIM FOR THE SHAMAN.
+1
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 30, 2015, 07:01:28 am »

Slay all goblins, but the shaman. Put him to shame and force him to work for us...
-1 I think you fail to see the situation properly here.

+1.
+1
+1 let them be. If, for some unfathomable reason, we decide to court more danger and attack them, obviously attack the shaman.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 30, 2015, 07:42:55 am »

((adwarf why))
Because we offered them more than we could fulfill, sent them on a fool's errand, and got eighty percent of them killed for a very meager return.
((Yeah, we should have, you know, maybe not promised more than we could deliver.))
to be honest, it did not go at all the way I had planned it. They wernt supposed to attack the humans.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 30, 2015, 08:07:37 am »

((adwarf why))
to be honest, it did not go at all the way I had planned it. They wernt supposed to attack the humans.
really? That seems like the inevitable outcome of the bargain made.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #591 on: July 30, 2015, 10:12:29 am »

We should've included a warning that the human town was preparing for war, and warned them to be extra sneaky. Maybe included instructios to just have the humans chase them back here.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 30, 2015, 10:18:27 am »

I say just kill them and save the shaman's corpse
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #593 on: July 30, 2015, 10:20:08 am »

Well, now, yeah.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2015, 10:31:17 am »

Cant afford to lose even one skellie at the moment. Look at the non immediate plus. They attacked the future invading force. THAT force will either be slightly weakened, or delayed. Unless those gobbos failed so bad as to strenghten them.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 30, 2015, 10:35:35 am »

-1 to attacking.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2015, 10:47:10 am »

Raise 4 zombies in front of them and start having our other minions walk towards them. Then have an archer or bat kill one of them, and revive them, preferably the shaman. Then throw in a threat that maybe somebody else can improve I'm not too good with important sentences like "This is the power I offer you, join now or have it be used against you!" In a big echoey voice rather than whatever way we had previously been talking, and if we can, make a thunder noise at the end, even if it's only in the shaman's head. Obviously attack them if they try to resist. We could raise something other than zombies, but zombies have the most health. I think at this point the only way we're getting our soldiers that can go outside the dungeon area is by subjugating them, rather than offering them power.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 30, 2015, 10:50:30 am »

We cannot afford to lose anything. No fighting.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2015, 12:24:26 pm »

skeletons shoot them they die quickly and ambushes in the mausoleum, maybe let one escape to get more goblins to come here when humans come here, they fight it out we mop up both sides

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 30, 2015, 03:39:23 pm »

skeletons shoot them they die quickly and ambushes in the mausoleum, maybe let one escape to get more goblins to come here when humans come here, they fight it out we mop up both sides
ok. . .  So that works perfectly if we get good rolls for each thing. . .  But what happenss if we roll poorly on the attack? What if we roll poorly on not killing them all. What if we roll poorly on keeping out of the battle until the last seconds.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 57