Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47336 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2015, 08:30:01 pm »

Actually. . . . I have a sightly different idea. . . .
Just whisper into the Blue Gobbos ears, in a classicaly seductive voice "Power and Treasures is my promise, A life is the cost."
We dont has those though?  Well we have power, but we dont even know if they can take it with them.  Are we lying to them for the XPs?
We are the Dungeon of an incomplete Lich King. Promises of wealth and power are our nature. Mostly, we seek power. Lich kings cared about power and immortality. Gobbos care about power, maybe treasure, and killing humans (i their conversation is anything to go by. Also, we are almost certainly evil - Lichs aren't known for benevolence.

-snip-
-1 the attack plan.
I'm pretty sure the spears are too short to reliably stab things from behind the zombies.

I doubt the bats are large enough (or even strong enough) to carry something. Not to mention the fact that it's going to be extremely hard to hit anything while flying.

Capt'n Bones is pretty much a normal skeleton with a command aura, so I have no idea why you would want to not only risk losing him, but also keeping him away from other skeletons.
Zombies are normal human width, so a foot or so. Spaced a little apart, with a foot gap between, the skeletons could easily stab between them. Besides, it's what the zombies are designed or: soaking up hits while our stabbers attack. Sure, it might be a little more challenging, but this was a common tactic in organized militaries like the Romans (I think).
Giant bats iirc are indeed too small to carry stuff.
The option to move Captain Bones to the archery division was raised, in order to keep it out of harm's way a little, because he is our most valuable minion so far, and no more powerful than a regular skeleton. But the idea was rejected. We do still have our "one daily" defy deaeth power, so if he goes down, we can at least bring him back once per battle.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2015, 09:02:54 pm »

We are no mindless slaughterer. Or we are no better than a zombie.

-1 to attack plan

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2015, 10:41:19 pm »

-1 to attacking.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2015, 07:59:08 am »

Am I the onlyone here who is not opposed to mindless slaughter, but just thinks this isnt the time for it?

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 20, 2015, 08:10:54 am »

Am I the onlyone here who is not opposed to mindless slaughter, but just thinks this isnt the time for it?
Well, we're the dungeon of an incomplete Lich King. And it's always time for mindless slaughter. We certainly could slaughter them now mindlessly. We could even slaughter our own minions mindless ly. We could comb the graveyard and slaughter insects. It's just that, you are thinking abotu when slaughter is appropriate and not, rendering it no longer mindful :P

Send our zombies and skeletons around the graveyard slaughtering bugs.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 20, 2015, 08:56:41 am »

Contact the shaman. Tell him the following
"Ghostwanderer, I see you are powerful, and your intentions are pure. The Human demons must be cleared from this land, and this is my purpose. I sense you are able to defeat these hordes, and with my aid your renown and wisdom will be great. Sacrifice your enemies on my land, and you shall be rewarded. Gather your kinds' tribes under one banner and a new age will be begun by you. Gather the Pure races under one banner and you shall be immortal. Decide on your fate, but choose wisely, for I am hungry, and you are little."
Release the skeletons after saying this and them at gunpoint.

This seems like the only exact suggestion of what to say, and I like it.
+1 to this as well as the generic talk to the goblins.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 20, 2015, 11:33:53 am »

Contact the shaman. Tell him the following
"Ghostwanderer, I see you are powerful, and your intentions are pure. The Human demons must be cleared from this land, and this is my purpose. I sense you are able to defeat these hordes, and with my aid your renown and wisdom will be great. Sacrifice your enemies on my land, and you shall be rewarded. Gather your kinds' tribes under one banner and a new age will be begun by you. Gather the Pure races under one banner and you shall be immortal. Decide on your fate, but choose wisely, for I am hungry, and you are little."
Release the skeletons after saying this and them at gunpoint.

This seems like the only exact suggestion of what to say, and I like it.
+1 to this as well as the generic talk to the goblins.
+1
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 20, 2015, 01:39:41 pm »

I think the votes are firmly stacked on diplomacy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 20, 2015, 01:58:25 pm »

To this I agree.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 20, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »

To this I agree.
Thirded.  Diplomacy.  It's just how we go about it, is the problem.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »

Diplomacy.

Alternatively nothing IF they are in a trajectory course away from our heart/mausoleum.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »

Just whisper into the Blue Gobbos ears, in a classicaly seductive voice "Power and Treasures is my promise, A life is the cost."
Hm.. how about we change that to;

"Power and Treasures is my promise; Human lives, are the cost."

I am sure the goblins would basically be happy to oblige, because it is a double-win situation for them.

Then again, Detoxicated's suggestion, with a full-fledged partnership, is not all that different.
If the goblin is suspicious though, it might come of as "too good to be true".

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »

Hm.. how about we change that to;

"Power and Treasures is my promise; Human lives, are the cost."

I am sure the goblins would basically be happy to oblige, because it is a double-win situation for them.

Then again, Detoxicated's suggestion, with a full-fledged partnership, is not all that different.
If the goblin is suspicious though, it might come of as "too good to be true".
Add on: Their Blood Upon My Graves and Rewards Shall Come.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 20, 2015, 04:00:09 pm »

Nobody gets it. . . Ok, life means theirs, hopefully. I was hoping that one of the gobbos would kill the other for it, and be stuck in our service.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 20, 2015, 04:04:57 pm »

Nobody gets it. . . Ok, life means theirs, hopefully. I was hoping that one of the gobbos would kill the other for it, and be stuck in our service.

Trust me, I am aware of what you mean. But.. why? Why weakening a potential ally, if they could be put to even greater use?

Let them raid a few grainaries, burn down fields, steal livestock as to incite the local populace, or plainly drive them into starvation. They then will send men to us, fully knowing that it is a trap sprung by the goblins and us.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57