Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47153 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2015, 08:39:28 pm »

Down, definitely.  Question:  Can we extend both ways, as was, to get a sort of winding staircase up then down thing or, in general, specify floor connections?
You can only add floors in one direction so if you start going down you can't go up, and vice versa. Currently specifying floor connections is not available to you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2015, 08:41:30 pm »

Post has been edited with MOAR STUFFS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2015, 08:54:14 pm »

As for connections, architecture and traps, when we can finnaly do that?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2015, 09:02:54 pm »

if we do floor down, let's cover the entrance via crypt, and make a nice underground cavern where our minions can take cover behind stalagtites and stalagmites. Put our heart under a small pile of stones off to the side, in a little cubby hole.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »

You'll unlock them as you amass DP, Experience, and progress throughout the game. Right now the reason you all are seeing so few skills, and powers when you get the option to purchase them is in a few cases because you don't have experience, but mostly its you guys haven't reached the requisites for unlocking them. As for when you finally unlock them that depends, but traps will be something you'll most likely get really soon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2015, 09:09:29 pm »

You'll unlock them as you amass DP, Experience, and progress throughout the game. Right now the reason you all are seeing so few skills, and powers when you get the option to purchase them is in a few cases because you don't have experience, but mostly its you guys haven't reached the requisites for unlocking them. As for when you finally unlock them that depends, but traps will be something you'll most likely get really soon.
Yes! I would be really happy if we got an "undeadification" trap. Swinging axe blades work too though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2015, 09:20:19 pm »

Straight from DF, I want a hallway with spikes and spinning blades that also has various catchholes for limbs and skulls to get caught in :D
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2015, 12:06:02 am »

Anyone is thinking about UP? I don't particularly like the fact that the enemy can just use a few well placed archers to inhibit our movement.

At least, not an open pit!

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2015, 04:26:18 am »

Down is definitely the way. In traditional spooky catacomb-style.
Though a big honking ziggurat has its charms, but I prefer the idea of an innocuous-looking crypt opening up on a massive underground complex.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2015, 05:36:51 am »

Anyone is thinking about UP? I don't particularly like the fact that the enemy can just use a few well placed archers to inhibit our movement.

At least, not an open pit!
O course not. we're talking underground, not excavation. Up would be fine with me.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2015, 05:46:06 am »

Definetely down, to keep up the spooky scary skeletons feels of deep crypts and oh-so scary skeletons.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2015, 06:14:16 am »

I actually kind of like the idea of up. It means we can use ranged fighters more effectively, as well as being a lot more imposing to see a giant tower than a staircase downwards. Though it would take quite a while to get to giant tower level.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2015, 06:22:56 am »

We would be more easy to see, but at this point i dont know if it is a problem.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2015, 06:51:22 am »

So ziggarats?  What about us being at the base of a hill?

lets keep 1level above ground; our unassuming graveyard and masoleum.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:53:39 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2015, 07:17:53 am »

I vote build up, because I find tower dungeons awesome. And we can pepper the enemy with arrows every step they take towards the dungeon.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57