Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Universal Menagerie (~/5)  (Read 7038 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Universal Menagerie (~/5)
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2015, 10:14:41 pm »

There are all sorts of scalawags in the bar. They vary from rough, tough, and buff to sneaky backstabbing types. There are only a few goons who like like they could run any sort of gig.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2015, 11:09:09 pm »

Approach a bloke who looks like he might run something.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2015, 11:34:59 pm »

Swee dredged through the scrap for all of the moderately sturdy plastic components, folding them into his tissue as quickly as he could. A plebeian material if there ever was one, but his virtuosity would make do with what he had. Once he had a suitable amount of plastic stored, he moved on to the poor bedeviled addict. "Hear me, oh afflicted, listen to my words and weigh them carefully! I seek for the one that supplies you your medicines, that he and I might talk a while on the matters of flesh and alchemy." It was a lie, but so carefully crafted that Swee could hardly imagine the statement capable of arousing suspicion.

Integrate some plastic. Begin interrogating the addict.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2015, 11:43:46 pm »

Firewatch follows James for back-up, finishing her cup of blood as she goes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2015, 12:07:03 am »

((For the two discussing matters with the bear man, do whatever you want, seems good to me.)

You approach a sneazle of a man. Hes skinny and looks like he's been genetically modified somehow, but is otherwise human. He looks at James and then at Firewatch, guzzling a cup of blood. He just sort of sizes you up before saying Y'all looking for trouble or information? Because around here that's the same thing." He drinks his drink and sort of sniffles as if he didn't have time for you or this drink, but also didn't have anything to make him not have time.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2015, 02:40:33 am »

Well if trouble and information are synonymous, then I don't need to tell you what I'm looking for! James smiled again. You're a clever person. You wouldn't happen to know anyone in need of a nice, powerful ship? We've got some weight allowance left over and we're taking on some extra payload before we shove off. We've got the facilities, expertise, and permits to take on refrigerated products, fragile luxuries, passengers, you name it!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2015, 09:54:00 am »

Swee dredged through the scrap for all of the moderately sturdy plastic components, folding them into his tissue as quickly as he could. A plebeian material if there ever was one, but his virtuosity would make do with what he had. Once he had a suitable amount of plastic stored, he moved on to the poor bedeviled addict. "Hear me, oh afflicted, listen to my words and weigh them carefully! I seek for the one that supplies you your medicines, that he and I might talk a while on the matters of flesh and alchemy." It was a lie, but so carefully crafted that Swee could hardly imagine the statement capable of arousing suspicion.

Integrate some plastic. Begin interrogating the addict.

You gain several discarded bottles and pieces of plastic trash. You then approach the afflicted. Upon seeing you he jumps up and almost runs away, but your speech gives him pause. You aren't one of them? You tall can talk? At least I think that counts as talking. I I I... No. I don't know anything and neither do you. No one knows anything and that's how you get by. Thats why they let you by. They won't let me though, not now. He looks around nervously like someone was watching. His eyes jump from sewer grates to manhole govers, and then finally a dark alley way before he covers his eyes, screams, and begins rocking back and fourth.

Well if trouble and information are synonymous, then I don't need to tell you what I'm looking for! James smiled again. You're a clever person. You wouldn't happen to know anyone in need of a nice, powerful ship? We've got some weight allowance left over and we're taking on some extra payload before we shove off. We've got the facilities, expertise, and permits to take on refrigerated products, fragile luxuries, passengers, you name it!

The spindly man spits out his drink in surprise. He stares at you ludicrously. He motions you to sit down and whispers, "You really are looking for trouble! Everything that goes in and out of this station belongs to Zydra. Are you saying that you'd risk moving something under his nose?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:57:44 am by Spiderking50 »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2015, 01:34:31 pm »

((I thought the GM would want to play an NPC))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »

"Need money," Firewatch said with a shrug, sitting down next to the guy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2015, 02:11:48 pm »

((Since they're your made-up contact, t would probably make more sense for you to handle them. :P))
Black lives matter.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:33 pm »

((Since they're your made-up contact, t would probably make more sense for you to handle them. :P))

((Thats what I thought you were going for. I could play him if you prefer, but you may have to send me some more info about his culture.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »

Feliciti turns a chair around and sits in it backwards at the table. The bear-man greets her with a grunt and leans in, leather jacket squeaking slightly.
"You are late. Who is this one you bring with you?" He speaks in a low, gravelly voice, distinctive of his species.
"Backup. I don't like meeting alone with Kuma who could tear meow to shreds with their bear hands." Feliciti chuckles to herself at the pun she made.
The burly Kuma sits back again with a huff. "You are still late. I should deduct from your fee."
Feliciti chuckles, showing her sharp fangs in the process. "Mew and I both know you're not going to do that. Mew still owe me a favor after last time. That's why mew came to me first, because mew know there's nobody in the system mew's a better pilot then your truly."
He cracks a grin, showing a row of sharp teeth as well. "You know me well, Neko."
"Let me ask you something, though... Every time we've done business, mew've called me up. Mew said nyo personal meetings. Why now, nya?"
"Maybe I wanted to meet my best pilot face to face."
"I think it's more than that. I think mew have something especially sneaky. Mew can't even risk talking about it over secure channels. So what's in the bag this time, nya?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

Letitia is extremely concerned that Feliciti deemed her acceptable backup, since the closest she'd ever come to injuring someone was during a surgery in an asteroid cloud. It was not pretty.

She continues to be silent, nervous, and vulnerable-looking.
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2015, 07:04:51 pm »

James sat down. If the price is right. He muttered. I already know about Zydra.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2015, 07:25:34 pm »

The Kuma clears his throat and looks around, leaning in closer. "Dark-ops-grade Inumata military cyberware. Do not ask where it came from, because I am not even aware. I have only taken the cargo because much was paid for its safe delivery. I must get rid of it now, before the authorities look for it."
"Yikes. That's a pretty hot item, nya? Where's it going, anyway, nya?"
The bear sits back in his chair and folds his arms. "Koralax VIII. I am told that black market cyberware is very popular on that planet. 2,000 upfront. Another 10 when you make the delivery. Wire transfer from me, as is our usual method."
"Only 10k? You're holding out on me. I thought mew were getting paid the big bucks for this one. Make it 20."
"I have many I must pay to keep this quiet. I am not profiting as much as you think from this job, Neko."
Feliciti stands up and leans over the table. "17 and 2.5 advance, or that cargo isn't going anywhere."
The Kuma stands up and snarls in her face. "You are trying my patience, little girl!"
Feliciti postures back, getting equally into his face. "Ooh, big man! Threatening poor little cats meow, are we, nya? 15 and 3 is my final offer! Take it or leave it!"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11