Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Universal Menagerie (~/5)  (Read 7060 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Menagerie (Gauging Interest 0/5~)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 12:36:06 am »

Probably going to put up a sheet later.

Name: Data Decryption - Model 3074A (DD-3074A, also known as DeeDee, or DoubleD.)

Species: Artificial Intelligence

Job: Providing Intelligence, processing information, maintaining ship.

Backstory: DD was an artificial intelligence manufactured in sector 13A, just off the star system Fen 5B. The megafactory manufactured no less then several hundreds of thousands of Grade D, thousands of Grade C, hundreds of Grade B, and several Grade A AI's per day equivalent according to the mega corporation's home planet. DD was one of the Grade A AI's, originally meant to be used as a warship AI or for intergalactic subterfuge, he was sent through a star gate, destination Resitan 7H, sector 1F. He served as an informational AI for the first few years of his career, spearheading tactical operations into enemy space and scoring mostly victories, though he has had to make several tactical retreats in his time. He never was congratulated. AI's weren't really counted as part of the war effort.

After approximately 9 revolutions of his manufacturer's planet around their sun, he was moved to policing attempts in space. Controlling a huge cruiser as a head of operations, side-by-side with several other Grade A AI's, he used his processing units scouring space for criminals and weeding out those who he found using the high resolution radio wave scanners mounted in large amount on the ship. Constantly sending out platoons of patrolling battleships, with their accompaniment of small scale fighters to combat crime on an intergalactic level.

As chance had it, 3 and a half revolutions later, the ship rolled into an oncoming pirate attack. Somehow the pirates had conjured up a huge cruiser of their own. DD pitted all of his forces against the pirates, who were also sending scrambler waves their way to stop their sensors from tracking them. The battle was finished quite quickly, not even a week from the start. DD ejected most of himself onto a small ship dedicated to his processing core, and left before the cruiser was destroyed.

He crashed onto a planet with, thanks goodness, advanced enough creatures to study and repair his core, before putting him in touch with transporters. He then made a living with information exchange, though handled money awkwardly, not having used it before. He has since then maintained his core and not had too much trouble.

He saved up recently and bought a custom made (and extremely expensive) body made out of the most resilient alloys available on the market, and the most powerful processing core you can fit in there. His capability is still much reduced, but at least he can move without the need to shift some 100's of tons of weight. It is about 2 and a half Earth meters tall, and is humanoid, but is fitted like an Iron Man suit. (still more to come.)

Special talents: [FILLER]

Other things: [FILLER]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:57:20 am by Pencil_Art »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:09 am »

I hope you guys don't mind that I gave us the ship and its name.
Also, my character concept is Hoban Washburne meets Radical Edward meets a werecat. Then again, I put a little Ed into every one of my characters, because I so adore her.
Well actually I already declared that I owned a ship. Maybe I'll just have a starfighter. If that's the case, I hope you're okay with me being the captain of your ship... o_o

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 12:49:34 am »

Actually it seems to me like we all have our own ship right now, except for Rro. XD James and Feliciti both own one legally, Swee sort of inherited one, and Fire pretty much stole one.

ninja'd
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 12:52:14 am »

I hope you guys don't mind that I gave us the ship and its name.
Also, my character concept is Hoban Washburne meets Radical Edward meets a werecat. Then again, I put a little Ed into every one of my characters, because I so adore her.
Well actually I already declared that I owned a ship. Maybe I'll just have a starfighter. If that's the case, I hope you're okay with me being the captain of your ship... o_o
I never said Feliciti is the captain of her ship, just that she loves it and considers it hers.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 12:56:22 am »

Name: Letitia Slaine
Species: Enlightened (Nickname for a human with cybernetic implants or attachments of some kind, from the galaxy's resident 'holier-than-thou' robotic race.
Job: Doctor.
Backstory: Letitia earned a medical degree at a Terran medical school early in her life. Shortly afterward she became Enlightened with a small supercomputer implanted in her brain, allowing her to process information incredibly fast, along with extraordinary memory, reflexes, etc.
Special talents: Medical whoosiwhatsits. Fractures, breaks, abrasions, lacerations, stitches, internal bleeding, ulcers, cancers, amputations... only thing she can't do is decapitations. (Well, she can't undo them.)
Other things: No, she cannot access the internet via her brain.
Black lives matter.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 01:04:23 am »

I never said Feliciti is the captain of her ship, just that she loves it and considers it hers.
To be clear: the Lion's Pride is my ship, then I hired you onto it, and you fell in love with it?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 02:30:56 am »

Also, I propose that every ship is accepted as its own entity, and the end result is all of them inextricably mashed into one another, perhaps due to a docking accident or worse, done on purpose to pool resources after each one proved individually non-spaceworthy.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:52:43 am by Harry Baldman »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 07:05:31 am »

Poke The Walrus!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 08:26:38 am »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 09:06:48 am »

Also, I propose that every ship is accepted as its own entity, and the end result is all of them inextricably mashed into one another, perhaps due to a docking accident or worse, done on purpose to pool resources after each one proved individually non-spaceworthy.

I agree with this. I hadn't particularly thought about the ship yest (or expected so many applicants). The way that I may write up the story is that bankruptcy/an unfortunate accident or something destroyed the last ship and you all must pool your resources to buy or build a new one. That way everyone gets a say on the ship a bit. Otherwise, it really is a bunch of players following another player's orders on that player's ship. Which really doesn't sound too fun.

Can has?
Possibly, this really isn't a mech sorta game, but sure. However, it wouldn't be something you started with I think. It looks too badass to be a starting suit.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:25:58 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 08:29:01 pm »

I'm going to sin and double post here to make sure everyone sees this.

What do you all think about the whole ship thing? It needs to be one ship and we need to come to some kind of conclusion on ownership and if there is a command structure.

It is also likely that I will play as some sort of ship AI, that will allow me to narrate and provide information. One answer to the previous question is that the ship is mine, (so the ship owns itself) but you all are its crew and pilots and such.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:12 pm »

Otherwise, it really is a bunch of players following another player's orders on that player's ship. Which really doesn't sound too fun.
I'd be a good dictator!

More seriously, I have a forum game I'm running called Void Black, and in that one player is the Captain. He owns the ship, and he's responsible for giving the crew their wages; that is to say: going out and getting good jobs for them to do. Just because he's the leader, it doesn't mean he can't be democratic when making decisions. Depending on the situation, he might make executive decisions, but normally he would behave democratically, because we're all friends playing a game together.

What do you all think about the whole ship thing? It needs to be one ship and we need to come to some kind of conclusion on ownership and if there is a command structure.
I think one player should be the owner of the ship. Group ownership is a touchy thing even between two people. Naturally the owner would also be the ship's captain, and the rest of the crew are either close friends or people he hired on, and he has to pay them regularly. If Alleecat is the ship's owner, I'd rather she be the captain.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 08:54:36 pm »

I think one player should be the owner of the ship. Group ownership is a touchy thing even between two people. Naturally the owner would also be the ship's captain, and the rest of the crew are either close friends or people he hired on, and he has to pay them regularly. If Alleecat is the ship's owner, I'd rather she be the captain.
I agree. I didn't know anyone else had a ship they wanted, but now since I know you wanted to be the "captain" type character, I'll let you do whatever with the ship. (I still like the name, though X3)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 09:16:22 pm »

I agree. I didn't know anyone else had a ship they wanted, but now since I know you wanted to be the "captain" type character, I'll let you do whatever with the ship. (I still like the name, though X3)
Yeah I'm keeping the name. I've edited my sheet a few times to account for changes.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:37 pm »

You know, I don't see why the owner of the ship has to be the captian. It's entirely possible for them to hire a more experienced captain to pilot it after all. Though the dynamics that would ensue may not be the best for a game like this, so I have no real problems with what you guys are doing.

Also I finally have a character concept in mind for this game, a cook/oddjobs woman with a side order of insulting trading with the locals. That ought to fit into the party's needs, right? Of course I just need time to actually make up the sheet now...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11