Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Universal Menagerie (~/5)  (Read 7041 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Menagerie (~/5)
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2015, 09:23:26 am »

Quietly ignoring the tiger-people, Letitia attempts to flag down Feliciti.
Black lives matter.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2015, 09:26:25 am »

Feliciti stops and sits in front of her, not bothering to shift back as she cocks her head aside in questioning.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:05 am »

"James had a little 'plan of action' for us and asked me to tell it to you."
She proceeds to do so. ((The plan is on the previous page. :P))
Black lives matter.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2015, 09:42:19 am »

With some minorly unpleasant popping, snapping and scratching noises, Feliciti shifts back into her humanoid form and throws on a spare set of clothes.
"That's all well and good, but does he really just expect us to sit there and wait for him? Me and mew need to find something to do! Nyot just sit around and wait, twiddling our tails."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2015, 09:47:34 am »

"There's always those spare beds in the medical bay... Well, I have no idea."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:24:12 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2015, 10:02:08 am »

"I'll take mew up on that offer. Neko have very rough tongues. wink wink"

"Tell mew what. I've got a contact here at this station, and they may have a job for us, mew-ving some cargo discreetly, if mew know what I mean."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2015, 01:25:41 pm »

"I can repurpose some medical tape if kitty abuses her tongue. Weren't we supposed to stay with the ship..?"
Black lives matter.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

(Imagine my surprise when I got on and found this waiting for me. Crazy good stuff everybody.)

The station is dimly lit and trash litters the corridors. Some lights flicker or have even gone out completely. There is old graffiti on most of the walls. Various taverns, clubs, and holes-in-the-walls are scattered about the central area. In a ring around those are a collection of shady businesses that offer half-price cybernetics, home made mutagens, a variety of weapons, spare ship parts, alien technologies of all kind (except the legit kind) and various services for the lonely men of the universe. In the ring beyond that it is a collection of decrepit hovels, hospices, and hell-holes. There is an off limits junk yard on the northern section of the outer ring. The rec center is in the eastern outer ring, it is as poorly up-kept and full of trash as the rest of the station. The southern outer ring is the doc and the western outer ring is the only part that isn't an utter shit-hole. It's owned by the crime lords that run this part of the system and adjacent asteroid field.

Your various communication devices all ring/vibrate/explode/project simaltaniously with the following message from Jeeves:

Warning: there are three figures to avoid at all costs. Zydra, the owner of the asteroid field and half of the station. He doesn't take well to smugglers, mostly because that's his main business. All goods that can be smuggled in under his nose will fetch a pretty penny single galactic coin unit. Zydra is a male gorganoid, he has black skin, white eyes, and snakes on his head. You can't miss him.

Captain Winston of the Lead Intergalactic Conglomerate Police Unit is here as part of an investigation. I don't need to remind you of the last time we ran into him, nor do I need to remind you how much it cost you. He is a bipedal great pyrenees ((look it up if not familiar)). While this station is technically out of LICPU's jurisdiction and in free intergalactic space, he can still act with about as much authority as the laws of the universe. Plus, he hates James.

Lastly, Junkbot #77. Its a big robot that owns the scrap yard. It's strong enough to punch a hole in the wall of the station (and has before). Which is why you have to go through an airlock to enter the north ring. That entire section is off limits and Junkbot #77 patrols its often. Due to this, there is likely good scrap and parts there.

Last thing, do not, under any circumstances, go bellow deck. I'm picking up strange energy and life-form readings from the underbelly of the station. It's likely there is a hive of Zaffroons living in the depths down there. For those of you who don't know, Zaffroons are creatures who thrive on filth and decay. They are composed of a mix of trash, robotics, corpses, and plasma. Any contact with them and they will likely try to incorporate you into their hive. My readings show that this is fatal for all organic and non=organic members of the ship.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2015, 06:29:25 pm »

Firewatch raised a hand to ask a question like the small humans in her ship's picture books did. "Firewatch people also like decay. Maybe Firewatch 'diplomacy' Zaffroon? Could find neat things," she suggested.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2015, 06:56:04 pm »

It's likely that there are so many around because of an abundance of easy prey and "diplomats." Could have good parts though. Zaffroon are known to keep hoards of spare parts to repair themselves. Whether those parts are organic or robotic doesn't matter to them, as long as it can move and kill.

Swee, you should be especially careful, they'll likely love you since you can integrate between organic and mechanical matter. Too bad their integration process is fatal.

P.S. they like dim areas.

(You notice that the area you're standing in and every other area you have seen thus far has been quite dim.)
((When thinking about Zaffroons, think half robot zombie, but not slow. And has jagged metal sticking out of it.))
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:01 pm »

Let's go get ourselves a drink.

Head to the most mediocre bar we can find. Not a bad place, but not great either.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »

Firewatch tags along with James, looking at all the interesting things and people.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2015, 09:38:16 pm »

Swee nodded to Jeeves, which is to say that he nodded to no one in particular. "Fear not, I shall not be eaten by a grue Zaffroon!"

First, head to the rec center. Find some study looking bits of useless scrap within the trash, like discarded metal and plastic, then find some rats. Also, if there are any obvious addicts, make careful note of them.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2015, 09:51:45 pm »

Let's go get ourselves a drink.

Head to the most mediocre bar we can find. Not a bad place, but not great either.

You and firewatch (And DD I think) come upon "OK Drinks." It seems unremarkable in every way. In fact, you can't remember what it looked like on the outside at all. A reptilian waitress asks you what you'll be having.

Swee nodded to Jeeves, which is to say that he nodded to no one in particular. "Fear not, I shall not be eaten by a grue Zaffroon!"

First, head to the rec center. Find some study looking bits of useless scrap within the trash, like discarded metal and plastic, then find some rats. Also, if there are any obvious addicts, make careful note of them.

You see Feliciti and Letitia discussing something at the Rec area. You also notice that the garbage around this area has no metal of any sort. Its all paper, plastic, and various organic fluids. There is a single addict who is jittery and sitting in the most well lit area you have seen so far.

((I am notorious for missing posts and not including them in posts like these, please just kindly tell me and I'll fix it right-up. Also feel free to improvise some things, like names of people and places and things you see, just keep the themes on track and don't just make the solution to all your problems appear. This is a mostly-freeform RP after all). (Also my O key is all wonky, so if a word doesn't look right, its probably missing an O somewhere. Sorry.)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2015, 11:16:13 pm »

"It's OK. Nyobody can break into the Lion's Pride. Besides, it'll only take two shakes. We should get going! I already told my contact we would be there 5 minutes ago!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11