Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: The Price of Freedom  (Read 12742 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Price of Freedom
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2015, 11:54:08 am »

Also,  is there any where we ought to be? A job, apprenticeship, friends, etc?
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2015, 12:18:05 pm »

+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2015, 12:46:28 pm »

Time to scope out our potential target(s)!
+3

You carefully inspect the surrounding area, but you can't see any potential targets! Guess your quest ends here.

Unless there was somewhere else you'd like to look?

+1
+1

Well... Not exactly. Most girls your age would either be homemaking, doing farm work, already be married, or any combination of the above. Fortunately for you, circumstance has smiled upon you - more or less - and none of those options have been required. Not to go into too many of the gory details, but your father's work keeps him occupied most of the time and you've managed to deflect his questions with the spoils of your misadventures.

For now, at least.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:53:37 pm by Araph »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2015, 12:50:31 pm »

So, we need to find a mage or something. Maybe the Baron knows?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2015, 02:52:46 pm »

Clearly priority one is to come up with a disguise for our gender and Find the local blacksmith to request an apprenticeship.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2015, 02:56:52 pm »

Clearly priority one is to come up with a disguise for our gender and Find the local blacksmith to request an apprenticeship.
There are two kinds of creatures in this life that do hard labor: fools and horses. So far we're oh for two.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »

Smithing is hard, worthless work for people who can't do magic, so let's not do that.

Finding a mage around here who'd be actually worth bothering for arcane teachings is similarly unlikely, though think on if there are mages in the area who we might consider robbing later.

Instead, let us go and seek an inn, and try to pretend to be a bard for coin. You seem pretty good with that mandolin, and there's definitely stuff to steal off various traveling merchants if the tips are no good.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2015, 06:29:36 pm »

Finding a mage around here who'd be actually worth bothering for arcane teachings is similarly unlikely, though think on if there are mages in the area who we might consider robbing later.

Instead, let us go and seek an inn, and try to pretend to be a bard for coin. You seem pretty good with that mandolin, and there's definitely stuff to steal off various traveling merchants if the tips are no good.
+1 to both. We need to at least pretend we have a legitimate job.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2015, 08:06:50 pm »

Check to see if the wooden post has anything written on it.
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »

Work for the Baron as a maid of course!

That place is the nerve center of information i'm sure. Plus we can take him out in a coup.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2015, 08:18:18 pm »

That place is the nerve center of information i'm sure. Plus we can take him out in a coup.
Personal magical strength should be our goal rather than military strength. Working for the baron is a good idea, but we should do so as a musician rather than a maid.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2015, 08:20:22 pm »

Personal magical strength should be our goal rather than military strength. Working for the baron is a good idea, but we should do so as a musician rather than a maid.

Good point. Let's grab our Whatever we have and play for him.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2015, 09:00:15 pm »

Mandolin. So yep. Become the Baron's personal musician(and filch any spell tomes in his inevitable book collection).
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:58 pm »

Mandolin. So yep. Become the Baron's personal musician(and filch any spell tomes in his inevitable book collection).
We shouldn't steal his stuff so soon after we get hired. They'll easily be able to trace the thefts back to us.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14