Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Price of Freedom  (Read 12765 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Price of Freedom
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »

Your long term goal? You're going to steal the kingdom right out from everyone's feet, of course! They'll never see it coming, and when they do, you will take a bow as they applaud.

Near future, figure out this magic buisness. There are legendary thieves. There are legendary mages. There have not been any mention of legendary spellthieves. You're quite the swindler, but you don't have that extra spark at the moment.

To aid with that, today, you're going to steal a book. Not like the others, it's a proper tome. Very special, all forbiddiney or some such.

Right now, however, is time for breakfast! WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BAKEY.

(I love your art by the way. Soooo coooool)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:20:49 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2015, 12:14:01 am »

Get paid. Get laid. Gatorade.

Your long term goal? You're going to steal the kingdom right out from everyone's feet, of course! They'll never see it coming, and when they do, you will take a bow as they applaud.

Near future, figure out this magic buisness. There are legendary thieves. There are legendary mages. There have not been any mention of legendary spellthieves. You're quite the swindler, but you don't have that extra spark at the moment.

To aid with that, today, you're going to steal a book. Not like the others, it's a proper tome. Very special, all forbiddiney or some such.

Actually this is better. +1

+1. You've improved a fair bit since Teovanth.

EDIT: Hiding a bobby pin in our hair could be fairly useful some day. Perhaps we should consider getting one?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:17:40 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2015, 12:56:43 am »

Get paid. Get laid. Gatorade.

EDIT: Hiding a bobby pin in our hair could be fairly useful some day. Perhaps we should consider getting one?
+1

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2015, 07:46:24 am »

"I'm here too" Okay, you made my day!

+1
+1 to everything, including compliments for the art.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2015, 09:24:00 am »

This seems good. However, I think a more important immediate action is to look in front of you so that you know where you are. Then probably eat breakfast.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2015, 04:52:19 pm »

This seems good. However, I think a more important immediate action is to look in front of you so that you know where you are. Then probably eat breakfast.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2015, 04:58:54 pm »

+1

+1

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2015, 05:01:12 pm »

+1 to that host of +1s!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

Thanks! :)

+1
+1 to everything
+1
+1
+1 to that host of +1s!

Wakey wakey, bread and sadness.

It's not actually bad - just boring. But you're not about to bother with actually cooking something for breakfast, so bread and jerky it is.

+1
+1 to everything

Before you leave again, you grab a couple of hair pins and strategically stow them at various points throughout your flowing locks.

This seems good. However, I think a more important immediate action is to look in front of you so that you know where you are.
+1
+1

You take a gander at the beautiful vista awaiting you just outside of your house.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »

Ask around for the location of traveling magicians who have magical supplies. We'll find where they are and ask around for the knowledge we seek...then steal it at night.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2015, 03:52:08 pm »

*snerk* Okay. you got me on bread and sadness.

Time to scope out our potential target(s)!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2015, 05:23:02 pm »

+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2015, 05:48:01 pm »

+1
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2015, 11:49:00 am »

Also,  is there any where we ought to be? A job, apprenticeship, friends, etc?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14