Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112164 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - We Won the Checkers War
« Reply #2220 on: August 13, 2015, 01:21:21 pm »

Fallacy examines the weaponry.

"Well. Nothing of use to me."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 13, 2015, 01:38:59 pm »

"You should grab something, even if you're not trained. If I got it right that you can only shoot once per room, you really need something to hold your own. The mace would probably work, since it's really just a big stick for hitting people with. Tell you what, let me show you how to use it."

Tea grabs the wooden mace and holds it out to his right side at shoulder level.

"This is where you wind up from for a horizontal bash. Don't extend it too far behind your shoulder. Lead your swing with the elbow, and extend your arm at the last moment to give it speed like a whip. On impact, loosen your wrist so you won't hurt yourself on the recoil."

Tea demonstrates a forehand bash, slowly, describing it as he goes, then a backhand and an overhead bash.

"Start your attack when your opponent is leaning forward, preferably slightly off balance. Aim behind their head, as they'll reflexively lean back to try and dodge. Now you try."

Tea flips the mace so he's holding it by the business end, offering it to FoU.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 13, 2015, 02:02:30 pm »

"I don't think any of these balsa wood weapons would be very useful. It's not exactly known for its sharpness, or weight, or durability. I think a femur from one of those skeletons might make a better club, morbid as that may be."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 13, 2015, 02:03:13 pm »

"Start your attack when your opponent is leaning forward, preferably slightly off balance. Aim behind their head, as they'll reflexively lean back to try and dodge. Now you try."

"I learned that from Oblivion. Heard it as suprisingly correct approach." Aoshi says while wiping cinders off of his shoulders.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 13, 2015, 02:13:38 pm »

"That sounds metal as fuck. I mean using a skeleton armies' bones as weapons, that sounds badass." Armach gathers some of the balsa wood and piles it up. "So what's balsa wood good for anyways?"

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: August 13, 2015, 02:19:23 pm »

"A campfire?" McDonald, being metal as fuck, goes to find a severed arm in the mudflat.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: August 13, 2015, 02:28:59 pm »

"Be a dear and bring me a femur too, would you?"

"Considering I don't have any weapon of any material, I'm grabbing this axe anyway. It's light enough, I'll find an use for it."

Tea grabs the war axe and puts it through a loop on his backpack's outer straps.

"I learned that from Oblivion. Heard it as suprisingly correct approach."
"Oblivion is (was?) a good game, but I learned that from my Kobujutsu instructor. Not sure where he learned it."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 13, 2015, 03:21:42 pm »

"It's light. Usually used for model bridge building and the like. Probably decent for javelins or the like, anything that wants speed and range more than weight and doesn't need to withstand too much force."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 13, 2015, 03:32:40 pm »

"They also use it for Space derbies in boy scouts."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 13, 2015, 03:35:56 pm »

"I learned that from Oblivion. Heard it as suprisingly correct approach."
"Oblivion is (was?) a good game."

Arcvasti lets out a hiss of disapproval and examines their beeping glow-hard-paw-thing.

L̨e̢͠͏v̶̛e̶͝l̵ ̨͠͏up.
͏̧C̡h̛́̀o̸͟o̕se̷ ͟yo͢ur͢͠ ̢҉ļ͢ev͏el̵̡ ̀́2̡́ ͠a̕b̵i͜͜l̛͢͞it̷ý̕:̕̕
̵
͡Ą̶ć̷͘t̶̛i̴͘v͟e̶͏҉:̧́͟ ͟M͘i̕nò̕r ͟͟B҉̨͝ļ̀o̕̕od́͝s͏̵ḩ̸a̴̢p͏̶e̶:̵͡ ͟U̧͜s̶͝e̡̛ ̵y͘͡o̶ur̷̀ ̀͞b̶̸̸l̵o̵͘o͏d̶ ͢t̶͝҉o ͢c̢͏rea͘͡͡t́e̕͞͞ ͟͏͝an͞ ̵o̵b̛͡j̡̕͝e̴c̡͟͡t̕͟ ̶̛͘e͟q͠͝u̸͝i̶͢v̨͞i͟l̕͢a̵̶̴nt ̸̨in͠ ̸͢du̕͟r͏ab̵̨i̷l̨i͏ty̵ ̸͝t̴o c̨͟ę̵͡d̕á͞ŗ̷͜ ̀w̧oo҉̶d
̷́
P̨a̛͢͠s̴҉s̷i͟v̧̕͞e̷͘:̵͘ ̀R̀͟i̡̡t̶͜u̴̸̸a͟͠l͝͏ ó̕f̧͜͡ ̨R͟͞͏e͜s͟t̵o͞r̵͘͝a͜͠͠t̷̡͡i͢o̢͝n҉̨:̕ ̡Le͠ar͜҉͜n̡͝ ̛҉t̷h̸͜e̶ ͠͝Ŗ̶i͟t͢u̵á̵l̶̕ ̢̢o͏̴f̶̨ ̀͏R̵e͏̷s͝torá͢t̛̕i̴o̸ń̶̨,́͏ w̸̸h̶i͏ch ̸t͠͏ŕan̴̢s̷̶͡f̢͝͡e̡̛r҉͢͟s̸͞ ̴͟͠li͠҉̛f̷è̷͘ ͏f̶̛͡r͘͟͠ó̵͜m͞ ͘a͏̕ ́l̴̀i̕͡v͘iǹ̨̢g͘ ̸͟t͘҉a̴r̴̛gé͘t̨́͠ t͠o͞ ̢̀ąn͠o̷͝t̵͜h̡͢͞ę̛́r̶̕ ͏́l̨͝ivi̷n̨g͟͏̸ ̧t̕͡à̶͏r̴͟g̶̛et̵̸.̵̡

Arcvasti looks contemplative/sleepy for a moment before selecting the Ritual of Restoration. This could be a MOST useful tool, both for utility and for fulfillment of their geas.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 13, 2015, 03:39:07 pm »

Use your blood to create an object

((Ew))

McDonald returns with to checkers room with two femurs and throws one to Tea. "They don't look like you can do much damage with them... Better than nothing, I suppose." He waves his newfound weapon about for a few moments.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:48:07 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 13, 2015, 03:56:48 pm »

Fallacy takes the mace.

"Um... okay. I hope I never have cause to use this in melee."

Fallacy brandishes the mace, taking a clumsy fighting stance, waiting for his sparring partner to make a move.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 13, 2015, 04:37:19 pm »

"Uh, you want to spar and not swing at the air?"

Tea seems slightly unprepared to turn his impromptu weapon demonstration into an actual combat lesson. He might know the basics to many different weapon types, but he is no master of arms, especially of Western ones. He drops his backpack anyway to ease moving around.

"It's better if you just practice those strikes first before moving onto any actual sparring. Get a feel for the weapon, how it's balanced, how it builds momentum. Remember: momentum is as important to a blunt weapon as sharpness is to a bladed one. You can try and hit me, but I'm not going to hit you back. At least not until we move onto parries."

Tea brandishes the femur by the knee end, wielding it as a club. He takes a defensive stance, ready to parry. Of course, wielding it by the hip end as though a smallsword would be better for defense, but for practice it's better to have the same weapon type as the newbie.

"Come on, swing that mace!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 13, 2015, 04:50:46 pm »

Despite having a muzzle and fur on his face, you can clearly see Fallacy's timidness.

"Well okay..."

Fallacy swings his mace in the manner suggested, although clumsily.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 13, 2015, 07:27:17 pm »

(Wielding a femur from the knee end is probably best: take a look at the hip joint, then take a look at historical war clubs. Bone is also fairly hard, and has a decent amount of weight, though it will chip on hard surfaces.)

(Turns out I can't edit the docs today, overestimated the time to get on the road)

"I don't think that mace will survive a sparring session. Uh, now that we've won, you want to go get human'd? I think we have one of the restorative shots left." He makes some testing motions with the zweihander. "Oh, and Armach, how's your  upper body strength?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 189