Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112217 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Magic Checkers
« Reply #2160 on: August 09, 2015, 10:36:30 pm »

Rolep hocks up as much spit as he can, and lobs it at the statue's lower body, before stepping in to fight with his sword.
Advance while securing no loophole onto the latest tiles--move with Twinwolf; attack together.
Provide Aid when asked.
Rolep spits one last volley of acid onto the abdomen of the statue. Elsewhere on its body, spots already tarnished by the acid seem obvious weakspots, so he, Tiruin and Twinwolf each pick a target in their combined assault. Ready for the charge, the statue attacks Tiruin with a massive overhead swing, forcing her to parry and sidestep instead of attacking, but luckily to a decent degree of success. Rolep chops the distracted statue's weakened right shoulder, and it easily sinks about halfway...until it gets stuck. Twinwolf, with a weapon that has an easily-repairable edge, strikes the left leg still covered in acid, to about the same effect as Rolep. However, she quickly transforms her blade back to her arm, and back again to the blade, pulling it free easily. These hits seem to have greatly slowed the statue down. You must be closing in on victory.

If the rope is not lowered, Fallacy lowers it, ready to help pull someone up. If it is lowered, Fallacy waits to aid when necessary.
The rope is in fact lowered. You did it yourself. Still, none of the people in the room seem too eager to leave yet.

Leg grapple. From this position, HugoLuman tries to unbalance the statue by wrapping around its legs.
He sees Hugo trying to grapple one of the statues and drops down into the room and sprints to tackle it from behind. 
Hugo grabs the statue's leg, to little effect, but manages to distract it enough for Armach to tackle it and fails to bring it down...in the way he thought it would. As the maceman, the axeman snaps in half by the waist, leaving the seemingly nailed-down legs standing, and a smoke-smelling torso in Armach's hands.

Arcvasti tries to stay out of the fighting. Their current form isn't terribly well suited to prey of this size or composition.
None of the statues seem to try to pursue you. You must be stealthier than you thought.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: August 09, 2015, 10:39:39 pm »

HugoLuman tries to knock the big one down, tackling at full speed from behind.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: August 09, 2015, 11:49:18 pm »

"Does anyone think I should've King'd a lot more checkers than I currently did?" Tiruin quipped as she continued [SAME_TACTICS: YES] onto the checker.

"Does anyone think we can handle the spider room altogether like this?"

She looked at the rest on the ledge--she recognized far more faces than when she first entered this place. There was SeriousConcentrate, for example...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: August 09, 2015, 11:55:54 pm »

HugoLuman still didn't think he could work up the nerve to stroll through the spider room, but didn't answer as he didn't want to give away his position to the king he was about to attack.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: August 10, 2015, 01:14:38 am »

Kyle pokes his head over the ledge of the checkers room.
"What's going on down there!? I kind of wanted to go to a different room with anyone."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: August 10, 2015, 04:16:58 am »

((Darn thing keeps not notifying me.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: August 10, 2015, 04:25:34 am »

((Just use Unread Replies.))
thincake

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: August 10, 2015, 04:28:50 am »

((I use email notification. It just sometimes forgets to notify.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: August 10, 2015, 05:09:17 am »

((I personally use this link. Haven't failed me yet.

I'm a bit confused the situation in checkers room. What is left of pawns, who's in and doing what?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:46 am »

HugoLuman tries to knock the big one down, tackling at full speed from behind.
You succeed in banging your head against an immobile, heavy metal object. Ouch.

Tiruin quipped as she continued [SAME_TACTICS: YES] onto the checker.
Bashing things with other things is quite a simple tactic, but it makes some progress on denting the statue.

"What's going on down there!? I kind of wanted to go to a different room with anyone."
"We're fighting against relatively mindless humanoid things in heavy armour. As before. I hope this won't become a habit."

((I'm a bit confused the situation in checkers room. What is left of pawns, who's in and doing what?))
((I'm not exactly sure. Tiruin, Hugo, Twinwolf and Rolep have been most active, I, Adragis, Armach and Arcatsti are in there too. Actions, I've been resolving as they've been queued. By my count, there are two pawns (halberd, greatmaul), and the king (zweihänder) left.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: August 10, 2015, 06:02:37 am »

Aoshi deems the situation safe enough for him to enter personally into the fray. He descends into the room and calls his illusion to distract and slash one of the most damaged/ganked pawns from front while he himself impales it from behind.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: August 10, 2015, 06:36:53 am »

((I presume its okay to update my age in the character sheet to reflect reality, even though in-game only feels-like-a-few-hours has passed?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: August 10, 2015, 10:34:58 am »

(Wouldn't make much sense IC to age at IRL rates, since only a few hours have passed. Though if it bugs you, we can think of something perhaps.)

His attack having had no effect, HugoLuman backs away from the king as fast as he can before it has a chance to retaliate. He then tries the same tackle move on one of the remaining pawns.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:36:36 am by HugoLuman »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: August 10, 2015, 10:46:01 am »

Rolep just grunts and grits his teeth as he grabs his sword with both hands, getting into a better position, and pulls down and back to try and lever either the sword out of the shoulder, or the statue onto the ground.

"Grrrrrrrah!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: August 10, 2015, 10:47:02 am »

Go for whichever surviving statue looks most threatening.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189