Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112303 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Time to count loot and move on
« Reply #1950 on: August 03, 2015, 02:19:04 am »

Tea drops the skeleton he was working to remove the femur from, stands up straight, and storms off at a brisk marching pace.

"That's enough!"

He walks out of the room, through the ruins puzzle, carefully following the solved path into the hangman room, opens the west-side door, and looks inside.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 03, 2015, 02:34:44 am »

"Empty bottles, the rarest item in any videogame."
thincake

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 03, 2015, 03:13:00 am »

Tiruin surveyed the 'looting', given how she really pondered on the bodies of the dead (and its fictional implications for the fallen)--whomever this 'Station' was, created a very...convincing simulacrum of popular western(?) fiction and fantasy.

She spotted Tech and waved at her.

"Hey new girl. I'm Tiruin," she began, introducing the rest over here, and explaining the pecularity some had in their physical characteristics, "This is pretty hard to describe, so I'll get to the point. Two points, actually. We're not dreaming, and we're all people just like you. This is not the Matrix and we are just as confused as you are, but we're...attending to basic survival matters. Think of our current state as...ah, have you played puzzle role playing games? Think of it like that. But realistic. This is a puzzle room. Everything that happens in a room stays in a room--no use of outside support." She gestured at the doors, then looked at HugoLuman.

"As far as I know, everyone here has a 'class'. Going by that logic, that means a set of specific skills which makes us all capable individuals in our own right. However most of us are getting into videogame slang. To...lighten the atmosphere. And...don't try to think much about the contrived physics around us. The only guess I've got is this 'train station' is alive.

"Totally not dreaming though. Believe me. I've never been in a train or a station, and this place is darn vivid. Also, everyone is taller than me."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: August 03, 2015, 03:16:21 am »

"In short, it's a cool thing which is probably bad somewhere down the line."
thincake

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 03, 2015, 03:22:38 am »

Aoshi looks at people looting skeletons and shakes his head. If this was a videogame without sense of smell I would understand that...

He clears his throat and asks: "Does anyone have anything that helps me to sharpen my katana?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 03, 2015, 03:29:23 am »

"Wait. Tiruin?" Tech questioned, trying to digest all the information she'd thrown at her. "As in...the scalding ray of sunshine from Bay12?"
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: August 03, 2015, 07:34:02 am »

"That's her. You'll find it difficult to say your real name, we can only go by our forum names. Twinwolf here. Long story about the ears and tail. You are?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 03, 2015, 10:22:15 am »

HugoLuman turns around from his loot-piling "Hey, yeah, I'm HugoLuman. And Tir pretty much summed it up. Er, except that skeleton guy. We don't know what's up with that. So, what's your handle?"

The skeletal guitarist waves. "Howdy, lil' lady."

Aoshi looks at people looting skeletons and shakes his head. If this was a videogame without sense of smell I would understand that...

He clears his throat and asks: "Does anyone have anything that helps me to sharpen my katana?"
"Adragis, I think, since he's holding Arc's stuff. Oh hey, there's Arc now." HugoLuman sees the comrade-turned-cat through the doorway.

"I have an empty bottle and that was another person wasn't it?"
"Yeah. S'pose I'll play your song for that."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: August 03, 2015, 10:29:45 am »

"Wait. Tiruin?" Tech questioned, trying to digest all the information she'd thrown at her. "As in...the scalding ray of sunshine from Bay12?"
Tiruin blinked multiple times upon hearing that, as if her eyes mirrored her thoughts trying to process the information in a prolonged, impeded, and macroscopic manner.

"I...uhh, tend to take things literally, y'know. . . "Scalding"?"

She pondered into another tangent.

"Someone test the doorway. If this...err, fellow is playing something related to a gate or something, its either connected to the current situation [those enemies we fought?] and probably others in the future. I suggest we just recommend lighthearted songs. I wonder if you can play epics though. In modern terms--play the epic of Beowulf in instrumental form, and if not...maybe a few tunes from James Paget? ...Wait, there's a currency. Kyle, ask him something important."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 03, 2015, 10:32:12 am »

Kyle hands him the empty bottle.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 03, 2015, 12:29:59 pm »

opens the west-side door, and looks inside.
((I'd rather not be the one to choose the room's contents. If it's one of mine, I'll gladly GM it, but I don't want to come off as pretentious.))

((Edit: I only just noticed the message I had received a good 2 hours before this post. Mission Don't Be An Ass: failed.))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:39:15 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 03, 2015, 01:51:45 pm »

((It took a few days, but life is working better for me now. My posting might be slowed though.))

Fallacy blinks repeatedly, shaking away a rather unusual headache.

"What just happened?"

Arc seems to have gone missing.

"This..."

Fallacy shakes his head, walks to a different corner of the room, and sat criss-cross, attempting to meditate.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 03, 2015, 05:02:07 pm »

"Hi, Hugo- and talking skeleton." Tech tentatively waves in the general direction of both, "It's technicallyAdventurer."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:12:03 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: August 03, 2015, 05:02:30 pm »

(( My iPad duplicated the post, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:12:32 pm by technicallyAdventurer »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 03, 2015, 06:53:10 pm »

(It happens)

"Oh hey! I remember PMing you support. And a game or two. You're SB's friend, right? He's here, too."

((It took a few days, but life is working better for me now. My posting might be slowed though.))

Fallacy blinks repeatedly, shaking away a rather unusual headache.

"What just happened?"

Arc seems to have gone missing.

"This..."

Fallacy shakes his head, walks to a different corner of the room, and sat criss-cross, attempting to meditate.
Tea drops the skeleton he was working to remove the femur from, stands up straight, and storms off at a brisk marching pace.

"That's enough!"

He walks out of the room, through the ruins puzzle, carefully following the solved path into the hangman room, opens the west-side door, and looks inside.
FallacyOfUrist hears someone storm into the hall of the hangman room, but they don't see each other as he's sitting in the corner. It's somewhat hard to meditate as the unfamiliar sensations from his altered body are rather distracting and annoying.

IcyTea flings open the door and finds a ledge over a three-meter drop. Once entered by dropping down, it might be difficult to leave. The engraved wooden walls of the hangman room seem to continue into here, though now they seem to depict battles, and figures staring at tables, rather than animals. The room's floor seems to be divided into an eight-by-eight grid of black and white square tiles with each side about 3 meters. On some white (black on Darkling) tiles, there are wooden statues, as follows:
Code: [Select]
■□■□■□■□
X■X■X■X■
■X■X■X■X
□■□■□■□■
■□■□■□■□
O■O■O■O■
■O■O■O■O
□■□■□■□■
Half of the statues (marked X) are made from ebony and depict different evil-looking things. Here's a giant serpent, ready to strike, there's a warrior in spiked armour armed with a huge axe. The other half (marked O) are made from balsa wood, and depict heroic-looking knights in full plate mail and with different weapons.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 189